Movies What movie has affected the way you think.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Legato666, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

For me it was fight club, i dunno about you guys so reply so i can know.

2. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Whoa thats odd. I saw the title for this thread, thought to myself "Fight Club", clicked on it and saw your response and was very surprised.

I'd definatly say Fight Club, great movie. Puts things in perspective, you know. Like pain for instance. Ever since seeing that film I try to experiance pain when it comes, not hide or cringe from it. Its merely a chance to be come stronger. Also its message about materialism really make you reevaluate the way you live.

3. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

Geniouses think alike,it definitely makes you think about what is actually importatnt besides petty belongings and tyler is right you dont know what ur really like until u fight.

4. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

I say, scary movie 2&1! those 2 totally rocked!:p

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I think Fight Club's deepness is way overrated. It's a decent film, but it's just not that profound.
    Faraway So Close for me then.

6. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

mine would be Platoon. It showed me what war could be like. The same could be said for me with The Deer Hunter. Haven't seen Fight Club...

7. mistao

mistao Guest

mine would have to be Reservoir Dogs. im not sure why really, just made me think the most about stuff, and life, all the deep ****.

8. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

How did scary movie affect the way u think?,god thats just dumb,i think fight club was pretty deep though in the sense like i said before,it makes u think about what u really need.

9. shohen

shohen New Member

I forgot what its called but I think its called hidden tiger sleeping dragon and the panic room changed the way I think also.

10. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

It made me think... I should never do stuppid s*** like shorty!Also, don't volounteir for wierd school things anymore!;)

11. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

Hmm ok but thats weird,anyway platoon did show what war could be likeand it did make me think of what ppl would do when they r at war.

12. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

National Lampoon's Animal House.
    Seriously. When I saw that as a kid it made me want to go to college and have a good time.
    But unfortunatly college ain't like that here, but I try.

Also Dazed and Confused, the movie made me see certain things in a different light and thank god I saw it at an early age.

Nothing really deep but they influenced me none the less.

13. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

Backdraft... once i seen that i was like wow.. ( i wasnt suppose to see it b/c it had sex stuff in it -_-;) anyways hehe i knew i wanted to be a firefighter or in the medical field to help other people.. i seen it as my calling .. now i am in school to live my dream .. being a firefighter and a doc :)

14. Fushigi Rockna

Perfect Blue. No doubt about it, there's also the fact i watched this shortly after my 13th birthday....

There was another movie but I cna't seem to remember what it was right now... damn...

15. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

What was perfect blue about?

16. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

There are many movies that make me think, that trigger deeper thought while processing images, but have any changed the way I think on a constant basis? Artistically perhaps, but overall I think its about meeting up with ideals that meet your own. Hitchcock is brilliant, I totally agree with the way he thinks. But if I do have to pick ONE movie I think I'd go with Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Or maybe Harvey...it's really to hard to decide.

17. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

Are those independent movies,thats what it sounds like.

18. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Nah man, they're old movies.

19. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

Oh what are they about?

20. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i think the movie that affected me the most was wizard of oz. just kidding. but seriosly, the movie that most affected me, was the first jurassic park. i know that sounds weird, but when i was way younger, like from when i was a baby up until i saw that movie, i wanted to be one of those guys that dug up dinasour bones. i cant think of what there called rite now, so, yea. but i saw that and i was like, no im not doing that. i was like 8 when i saw it. i did see it like 12 times in theaters though.