Movies What movie has affected the way you think.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Legato666, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Spike_86

Spike_86 New Member

the movie that changed the way i think has to be The Matrix

2. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

HAHAH blue crow that was great,i can understand how the matrix and the truman show can affect the way you think because you never know about if someone is really watching you.

3. Claud-lili~@

Claud-lili~@ New Member

I may sound like a freak but I have to say the Matrix it somehow makes me wonder why I'm here.

Why am I eating this food why do I have to make money is abovious you need food to live and money to buy practical things but, The Matrix seem to make sence in that way.

4. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

Hmm i get the feeling sometimes we think too much about this stuff,but anywau another good one was dead poet society,sure it was a bunch of whiny pansy prep school kids but still very thought provoking movie.

5. Makaveli

Makaveli New Member

Donnie Darko.

6. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

lol this might be a little corney but Forest Gump heh i thought it was very touching...another is A Walk to Remember...it said slot of things i feel about love and faith and the human spirit...i guess it didn't cahnge teh way i was thinking but more like explained it ^_^

7. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

Heh Forrest Gump didnt change the way i thought,but it was definitely a great movie.Well i suppose i tought me never to underestimate what someone can do.

8. Paper

Paper New Member

The Truman Show was nice... Matrix was interesting too... Forest Gump didn't change the way I thoguht because in a sense I guess I always thought to expect the unexpected...

As for Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, if you're gonna go with Jimmy Stewart how can you forget It's a Wonderful Life? That one changed the way I think, in the sense that I learned that everyone is here for a reason and everything happens for a reason yeah, yeah...

9. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I would have to agree. The truman show and the matrix really made me think. . . .i didnt know what to beleive after watching them. And forest gump, good movie, didnt change the way i thought tho.

10. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I loved the Matrix. It backed up my theory that the world does not exist, since a system cannot prove it's origin, and therefore is nonexistant. Everything is made of tehse systems, so, technically, teh world is numbers... and that's what teh Matrix is all about. I love a really deep movie. ^_~
    Pirates changed teh way I thought... I don't think it was teh movie in particular, it just happened to be teh one I watched, rigth before my world and morals decided to change. ^_~

11. Z01

Z01 New Member

Movie

THE MATRIX - If Your Really Think About It It Is Our Brain That Tells Us What Is What, But Then Again What Is Thinking?

12. SpookyElectric

SpookyElectric New Member

In a way, American Beauty changed my outlook.

Lester Burnham's life seems so ordinary and pointless; he begins doing things the way he wants which is fortunate, as he is going to die by the end (this is not a spoiler; he says this at the film's start).

I enjoyed the way the film was crafted; the speech he gives at the end, matched with the visuals, really touched me.

Spooky Electric

13. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

Well, i didnt like the movie, which is odd but American Beauty makes me a little happier everytime i hear a gun shot. :rolleyes:

14. Dark_Dreams

Dark_Dreams New Member

Letme see
    What dreams may come changed my outlook on death
    Grand Canyon was a real thought provocer
    and Signs is a total life changer

SEE SIGNS IF YOU HAVEN"T NOW

15. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Almost everything directed by Stanley Kubrick makes me think about life, but everyone MUST see 'A Clockwork Orange'. Best. Movie. Ever.