What source does Boomerang use to air BOTP eps?

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Dirk Daring, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

I reckon they use the DVD's because they would have had access to all the eps initially if they used the original films. That is, if they didnt have the rights to air a specific number of eps. Whichever source it was, i think we can all agree on something and say that the quality of the transfer is quite bad. There are older Hanna-Barbera shows with better video transfers than this. And it must have been even worse before since i heard that they were remastered. Makes me wonder what kind of job ADV will do with the Gatchaman I footage (probably not much, since they were supposedly remastered already for Laserdisc many moons ago). But a DVD rip i got from a Gatchaman I episode (looks like its from the more recent DVD re-releases) looked quite dark and muddy and almost unviewable. Maybe it was the way it was ripped i dunno.

Sucks that on the eve of that new BOTP DVD release BOTP will be yanked off of Boomerang. I believe todays episode "Magnetic Attraction (which was my first test subject for my new Digital Video Recorder cable box which recorded it perfectly :cool: was the latest aired on Boomerang. Now it goes to the Anime Network (and on the linear feed to boot which has way less subscribers than the on-demand feed,which has a feeble amount of subscribers to begin with). See, i can go a whole post without mentioning G-Force: GoS (except for now obviously). For me its akin to taking a first step in a drug rehab program. LOL j/k

2. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Youve seen the light!

<Hugs Dirk excitedly>

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

According to TiVo, "Resuce of the Astronauts" will be airing Sunday, September 26. I really do think there is a connection to the episodes released on DVD and what is being shown on Boomerang.

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

IIRC i saw episode titles from beyond "Magnetic Attraction" on my digital cable guide, but they looped the episodes after "Magnetic Attraction" which i think was the last episode shown on the marathon before they restarted them. It didnt take exactly 20 weeks to get to this episode either, due to special events which required BOTP's timeslots and the many scheduling errors (episodes being repeated randomly, skipping of "Beast with A Sweet Tooth". Who knows if some of these errors were coincidential or intentional, but the latest episode aired on Boomerang came almost if not at about the time BOTP was set to be yanked from Boomerang (end of the month i believe you said Mark). Either it wont air next week, or "Attack of the Space Terrapin" will air, or maybe were in for some surprise. I really have no idea.