Video Games What UI or Add-ons do you use?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Luffy, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

What Add-ons or UI stuff do you use for WoW. I run Cosmos UI and it gets the job done but its gets screwd up some times and I want some others maybe.
    What other ones do you guys run or know of that are helpful for playing or raiding (if I ever get there XD) so what you guys got?

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

OMG for WoW there is just so many.

You can even get class specfic.

Here is some of what I use. I have over a hundred.

Auctioneer- This one I don't think has updated since the last patch. This plugin provides you with in-game data on data that is collated by you at the auction house.

BonusScanner- Scans your equipment for cumulative bonuses like additional spell damage and sums them up.

All in one inventory- one bag

MetaMap- Adjust the map window size.
    Move the map anywhere on the screen.
    Adjust the opacity of the window & maps.
    Saved sets for toggling between 2 map modes.
    Allows full player movement, messaging, etc. with map open.
    Adds coords to the main map and the Minimap
    Adds Instance maps which open to the correct instance you enter.
    Default data included for all bosses & locations etc.

AND A LOT MORE.

QuickLoot- quick loot

Reagent Data- Displays information on all reagents

I use a lot of Xperl. There are plenty of raid adds ons with this one.

I use a lot of Titan also.

Right now I have a lot of hunter add ons. But currentily I have been playing a shammy. So I have yet to look into them.

Any on know any good shammy add ons?

3. Luffy

Cosmos is great its one downlaod and u get a crap load all in one inv. and cool down timers and bunch of others theres a crap load!!
    Anyone know of any good spots to get some?
    I've found cosmos from a guildie >.< so I'm clueless

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ui.worldofwar.net, curse gaming, and wowinterface.com are the 3 big places to get mods.

stopped using allinone, was too buggy after 2.0, and i like using items from my bag. =3 (though i adored it when it worked, i'm sure it does now, but i've found another i like.)

ahem...a list.

warmup (shows you approx. loading times and sizes of mods)
    beta version of auctioneer (seems fine so far. but they have about 2 more test versions before release.)
    atlas (and high def pack for it)
    atlas loot
    yatlas
    bongos (bar mod and allows you to move a few other elements around the screen.)
    cleanchat
    ctmod
    (sans the 2 bar mods for it)
    ctraid
    detachedminibuttons (allows you to move the map buttons anywhere on screen. even the blizz ones. if you have a ton of them, it's handy)
    easyunlock (rogue mod, adds an unlock tab to trade windows and will, on hover, display lockpicking skill needed for boxes, doors, chests)
    enchantrix
    fishing buddy
    flashingchattabremover (<3)
    gatherer (well, once they make some headway updating it =3)
    adspace
    disenchant predictor
    hunterhelper
    improvedressingroom (you can grab an old one and change the TOC in notepad to 20000 and it's fine)
    loadit (allows you to load, unload, and reload your ui from in game)
    minimalist (a collection of small mods, the 2.0 update is on ace wiki's site)
    mobinfo 2
    Moog hud (<3 it has like, 1 bug when you get h it casting atm, but i adore this hud so much, i'll live with it)
    One Bag (better than all in one in that it isn't a rewrite of the bag system, it just modifies the display, so things don't have to be complient with it. alot more customizable too. also has bank function (one bank) and key ring too (one ring) the one view part allows for the viewing of other characters inv/bank after you've loaded their stuff once. easier to use that too than allinone)
    outfitter (create outfits and swap instantly. auto changes for mount, city, argent dawn and such)
    Oz raid (nice raid windows and sorting)
    Perl classic =3
    price each (get it, and change the toc, it works perfectly fine =3 nothing can get this mod to break =3 just shows the price per item in a stack on the AH)
    scrolling combat text (and damage too. much nicer than the blizz one, and is what inspired blizz to add the functionality to the game)
    simpleminimap (allows you to move and do lots of things to the minimap.)
    titan panel
    titan buff reagent (displays your reagents in titan)
    tool tip wrangler (adjust the tooltip around to your liking)

5. Luffy

Do you have to put them in the WoW add-on folder or anywhere and do u have to start all of thos up every time you play?

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

addon/interface folder

when you install them there, go into the folder and make sure they didn't add another addon/interface folder tree in there >.>

99% install just like that into that folder. nice and easy. you don't have to turn them on everytime. if you do, they'll tell you in the description or the readme (or someone will be complaining about it in the user feedback, which is ALWAYS good to read)

most start up right away, some with the options pop up on startup just so you can tweak it out without forgetting to do so.

but, the read me is usually rather handy to have a look through (most times, they copy that and use it as the descrption.). it should have the / commands you will need in game, or tell you what functions are doing what.

when i make a new character, i usually mess with about 3 things everytime, the rest carries over to all characters on my account. but this will vary by mod.

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I try not to use many, since they all go defunct every major patch and using mods builds a reliance on them over time. :)

At present:
    BigWigs
    CTMod
    CTRaid
    DamageMeters
    ItemRack
    KLHThreatMeter
    Recap
    TrinityBars

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i try and stick with only actively updated mods. if the author hasn't done anything with them in forever, then they're gonna hurt bad when they break. (2.0 made for the perfect oppertunity to fully change to this, as i was using moveanything instead of bongos before thise. =3)

eek, damagemeters, the bane of my existance. =3 they distarct me from doing my jobs. =3