Movies What was the last movie you saw ?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Zanza, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

Formula 51. Samuel L Jackson kicks ***.

Just watched The Rock.

2. Novus

Novus Gone

I'm coming to the conclusion that I watch a lot of movies.
    In class on Wednesday, I saw Broken Blossoms, and old silent movie. It actually wasn't half bad. Kind of racist, though. And the main character was kind of creepy ... I guess both should be expected from DW Griffith.
    I watched about half of To Kill With Intrigue yesterday, but it was so bad I had to turn it off. It was the second time Jackie Chan has let me down.

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I saw Bad boys II with a mate.

It's was a ok movie, typical hollywood one with lotsa gore :D

- T

4. Novus

Novus Gone

Here's lookin' at you, kid.

Casablanca. Great movie, that. Kind of ironic that "Play it again, Sam" actually isn't a line from the movie. What she actually says is "Play the old song, Sam, for old time's sake". It makes a hell of a lot more sense that way.
    Kind of like how Darth Vader never actually says "Luke, I am your father". The line is really "No, I am your father".

5. Novus

Novus Gone

Rosebud ...

Citizen Kane. I nearly cried at the ending, right in front of the other 200 or so people in my class. That would have been embarassing, but not unfounded. That's gotta be the best movie I've ever seen in my life. If you haven't seen it, I implore you to do so. Nothing else can really compare.

6. jindo

jindo New Member

Hollywood Homicide, 2Fast 2Furious, and Scarface the special edition. :cool:

7. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Last Friday I saw The School Of Rock, Jack Black's new movie. I, personally, loved it. Was great and definitely an improvement in Black's comedic performance from Shallow Hal. I might see House Of The Dead some time, not sure right now, though.

8. Novus

Novus Gone

Rashomon. Not as good as I had expected, since my prof said it had the same impact on Japanese cinema as Citizen Kane had on American. Pretty good nonetheless.

9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I just came back from the cinema with tooms after watching "Once upon a time in Mexico" was pretty nice :)

Wanted to see "Finding Nemo" though..

*glares at tooma*

10. Christabel

Christabel New Member

I just watched Hollywood Homicide. Actually it was Dreamcatcher but after 40 mins I quickly turn it off. It was so gross, I really can't take it. :eek:

11. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

Im just in college at the moment but am in a free period :D i had a doctors apointment this morning so before i came back to college i was watchign some bits from the bebop movie.
    i havent seen once upon a time in mexico yet is it worth watching?
    ltr

12. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

I just saw "Lost in Translation" this past weekend. Sadly, it wasn't as good as it was rumored to be. Some parts were funny (the part where Bill Murray talks to a Japanese man in a hospital is great!), but most of it reminded me of "Insomnia" -- lots of silence, long, slow pans of NOTHING HAPPENING, etc., except that "Insomnia" was at least mildly interesting when the characters weren't doing anything. LiT isn't.

I should have watched Kill Bill. :(

13. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I went to see the swedish movie "Ondskan (Evilness)". And god, that movie is really neat. The story is taken from the novel with the same name, and it's about Erik who is expelled from school for fighting. He ends up in a private school where the old pupils control the young ones. Erik gets a friend in Pierre, his room mate. The story revolves around Erik who just wish to be left alone and graduate. He don't care about the rules, which brings him and his friend trouble.

Rumours say that the author, Jan Gulliou wrote this as a self biography (He could have been portraited as Pierre), but he dissmissed all the rumours about that. But one thing is true, he also had a bad life growing up, getting beaten by his step father.

- T

14. Novus

Novus Gone

I think my film studies prof actually mentioned that one recently ...
    I saw Last Year At Marienbad, a film that has been called "the least realistic film ever made", which is ironic because it's a French New Wave film, which stems from Italian Realism and the Documentary Movement ... I'm spouting off lecture notes here.
    Anyway, my prof warned the class that it would be really hard to follow, but she also said that about Rashomon and even Casablanca. I thought it was pretty simplistic. I liked some of the really trippy elements of filming and minimalist editting, though.
    Of course, overall it goes into the large pile labelled "French Movies I Don't Like". The "Good French Movies" pile is still empty.

15. Novus

Novus Gone

Now you're a man!

I made the guys watch Orgazmo last night on my computer. The sound ended up out-of-synch somehow, so it was like that scene in Singing In The Rain where the sound on the movie gets messed up because the record skipped.
    It was good anyway, of course.