Square Enix What was your first ff game......?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quistis, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Quistis

Quistis New Member

I would just like to know what everyone's first ff game was and also who showed it to you or why did you choose to play it.
    I just want to know how everyone got into the cool series.

My first was ff8. A girl at a slumber party play it and I just had to have it. So I got it for christmas for my computer, and I was forever loving ff fan.

2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Final Fantasy VII. My friend got it, and he was telling me what a damn cool game it was, so I went to his house and played it for a few hours, and ye, it was good. I got addicted to it straight away. I didn't have a PSX at the time, so I had to hunt down the PC version, which was no mean feat. And I played it much. Now I have the PS version too, which is better.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

My very first FF game to be played was...FFV, or II, depending on where you're from. The first one BOUGHT was VI. Both rocked. And I'll destroy those who don't think so. Destroy you with a spork. And, then, dear friends, you don't want to know how that goes. I still love VI to death. I play it after every FF game I finish consequently. Why? Sabin, Locke, Celes, and Terra rock you.

4. TomAnthony

TomAnthony New Member

Seven All The Way!

The best god damn game ever made,and let those low level morons who play metal gear solid tell you otherwise!Its good
    i suppose but it cant even come close to FF7,espaically the first time you play it.

5. lildreamer

lildreamer New Member

the first game i gt was ff7. ma sista said it was good and i was hooked on and kept on going for squaresoft games since then

6. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

final fantasy 9.
    it was good.
    i then played 8, and downloaded 1, and 3.
    they all were pretty good.

7. Bau

Bau New Member

the first FF i ever played was FF3 and at that time i'll be honest i hated it.

but then later on when a friend actually let me start a new game and i thought that it was pretty fun.

but my fave is still FF5 because its just the best, to me anyway.

8. Kirei na kimyou

Kirei na kimyou New Member

A friend played ff7 and i was instantly amazed by it. I just had to get it and all other games in the serie. As it is now, I've played all ff games but the 8th.

9. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

Final Fantasy 1 was my first, though I kept pressing the B button during battle instead of the A button. I was about 4 years old at the time, so I didn't understand what I was doing :).

10. Kirei na kimyou

Lol, that's quite an age to begin playing games at :D
    I've never heard of anyone who was as young as you when they began playing games :p

11. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

To tell the truth, to begin with I really wasn't in the least interested in Final Fantasy until my uncle (who is very young) shown FF7 to my brother and he became obsessed with the game, day and night. I watched him play it and it seemed like fun, so I played FF7 and since then I had to have more.

Final Fantasy VII all the way!!:D

12. Odin

Odin Member

Yeah, I so jumped on the RPG bandwagon with FF VII. My brother and I only really played action/racing/shooting games and such up to that time, but all of the hype surrounding FF VII persuaded us to rent it. Yeah, we definitely left the 'ol PS on overnight since we didn't have a memory card. At this point, however, I didn't really play FF VII. I would just watch my brother play it - since he liked it so much, I bought the game for him for Christmas. The next morning, I was like "David, David, wake up! Play FF VII!!" but he refused to get up. So I said "FINE, I'll play it then," so I did. And I was hooked.

-Odin

13. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I can beat you all

I played the original Final Fantasy that came out for the nintendo.. years back.. when you started of by picking 4 characters right off the bat.. The it was FF4 cause North america Jumped a few games.. then FF6 FF7 then FF5 then FF8.. one of these days ill get around to 9 and 10

KaMe

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Ahh...memories.

My first FF experience was the first Final Fantasy. It was amazing how that game was built. Here was a fully-fledged role-playing game that both had plot and graphics (well, at the time).

I came from a Commodore-64 system where the greatest RPGs were Ultima, Bard's Tale, and Gateway to Apshai. What most of these had in common were that they were very hardcore (death was often permanant or very very costly), and very lacking in plot (most "RPGs" consisted of dungeon crawling with no story and just character leveling and advancement).

So FF was a big breath of fresh air in that respect. The game was truly my favorite for years going.

Then I got my first whiff of FF2 (as it was titled, and later found out it was 4), and it was beyond real. It seemed so damn advanced, throwing in everything ff was and more - almost as if it were more than a sequel (which it was...it was 3 games later).

And don't even get me started on telling you about my excitement over FF7 once I saw it. I remember vowing to myself that it would be mine someday. When the PC version came out I poured into upgrades just so I could run it. ^^

15. BlindlessSoul

BlindlessSoul New Member

My first was FFVII...and I love it...after years of finally trying it.

I heard it was a great game and one day saw it in the store for like $20.00. I figured that's a good price and picked it up. As a matter of fact I just beat it today and wish there was more.

But I hope to meet some more of the FF series...

16. Kirei na kimyou

Try FF6 :) that's a great FF game. FF5 isn't too shabby either.
    The 4th, ff4 was long and someof good imo. Try 'em all :D

Ah yes, on FF7, you could always try to get a gold chocobo :p if you get it--you can go anywhere you want in the world. I never did it myself, but my brother got it all without cheating. So now I'm trying to get all the master materias, or at least level up all my materia to master :D

17. Masked Kuja

Masked Kuja New Member

My first Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy for Nintendo. - Beat it - Then it was Final Fantasy VIII. - Beat it - After that, I had played Final Fantasy VII. - Beat it - Then next had come Final Fantasy IX. - Beat it - The last Final Fantasy game I had played was Final Fantasy X. -Working on beating -

18. Kirei na kimyou

You haven't tried FF6? You should try it. It's a great game.

19. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

What do you mean "withcout cheating"? You can cheat to get a gold chocobo?! If you can, I wasted an incredible amount of time :p

First FF: VII, then VIII, currently playing through VI and Mystic Quest.

20. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

My first FF and in fact my first RPG game was FF7, since then I knew F. A about how RPG games work. So everytime I got in a fight I was trying to figure out wear these enemies are jumping out at me and why I can't do consecutive attacks, this resulted in me randoming pressing the PS1 joypad hoping that I'll pull out a few special moves and attacks (I thought it'll be a bit like streetfighter) i took me a while to get the proper feel for the game and when I did FF7 turned out to my favourite RPG and maybe one of my best games I ever played. Top stuff :cool:
    I went on to play FF8 which was very good as well. And that's about it, Square are just ace at these games.