Movies whats the scariest movie youve ever seen

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by shohen, May 29, 2003.

1. shohen

shohen New Member

Thing thats the scariest thing that I've just about ever seen I was at target shopping and then I picked up the cover and looked at the back without even reading the back I put it in my cart and bought it and I wasnt disapointed at all. I couldnt even tell they were puppets looked more like computer Graphics to me.:)

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

i used to think that IT was scary but not anymore. I luv scary movies though. some are not really scary. I liked jeepers creepers.

3. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Ohhhhh....Tommy Boy. "Luke! Luke! I am your father!". Chris Farley and David Spade......Ugh...Other than that, i haven't seen many horror movies.

4. shohen

shohen New Member

Jeepers Creepers was a good horor film but I think that the monster was not scary enough.

5. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Heh, since I hate scary movies and I get scared pretty fast, the most scary movie I saw was "I know what you did last summer", both I & II. Scream was pretty ok, there were funny parts as far as I can remember :p

I am planing on watching 13 ghosts since one of my fav actors is acting there [the guy who did "Stark Raving Mad" show in Paramount :p]. Plus, I am SO scred of ghosts & spirit/souls stuff, I am pretty sure it will be a VERY scary one ^^;

6. otakuotaku

otakuotaku New Member

Ringu was awesome. The Ring was okay, as american horror movies, just think how bad most holloywood horrors are. for example, nightmare on elm street which is soooo bad and not scary. the jason series is much better, and that one still is very poor.

I would say anything by Takeshi Miike is very disturbing, but maybe not really scary per se. Dead or Alive, Audition, Ichi the Killer, etc.

I thought the Shining was pretty good. And I saw the Blair Witch Project BEFORE it came out to theaters and got all that bullshit hype that totally ruined it. I saw the original screening of it at Sundance Film Festival and it was really creepy.

28 Days Later was pretty cool, but maybe not really scary so much as some parts jump out and surprise you.

7. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I particularly don't watch horror movies to get scared anymore, since I found almost none that could scare me. I watch it more for the gore and probably seen every movie listed on this thread, like

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Horrible movie, horrible movie not much gore, most kills off screen. 'bout bunch of psychotic cannibalist family and some freak wearing skin. If you wanna watch something about cannibals watch either Jungle Holocaust (a.k.a. Last Cannibal World) or Cannibal Holocaust (not released in the US), both movies you need a strong stomach, or if you wanna be a psycho watch either the original Psycho (not the new and horrendous version or the sequels, all of them horrendous movies) or Psychos in Love... <-- Horrible Horrible movie

If you want something with... uhh how should say this... dark moods, like the ring (which in my opinion failed to do) trying watching ringu (or ring either way same thing) or try something by Dario Aregento, like Opera, Deep Red, Tenebre, or Suspiria, or Evil Dead Trap, Japanese version of trying to make a movie in Dario Argento's style.

Or something gory, try Peter Jackson's early works like Bad Taste or Braindead (a.k.a. in US Dead-Alive). Also Lucio Fulci made quite a few gory horror movies like Zombie (Zombi 2 in Italy), The Beyond, and City of the Living Dead (a.k.a. Gates of Hell).

Well back to the topic, if there was one movie that I have been scared of that would be exorcist coming a close 2nd, but one movie truely fear to watch again is Barney and Friends the Movie... The Horror The Horror... of a man is a purple dinosaur suit... The Horror.

[EDIT] Forgot this, 28 Days Later, I didn't find it scary, but by god, it was a ****ing great movie, it take people and puts them in a situation where they act on their survival instincts alone. ****ing great movie, now go watch it [/EDIT]

8. xev

xev New Member

The scariest movie ever?

I say 'When Darkness Falls', was so scary. I'll never think of Shadows and Tooth Fairies ever the same. I was steadily looking around my room all night long, as the movie played in my mind.
    That was freaky. (Brrrrrrrrrr)

I also that Urban Legends was kind of creepy, then towards the end it was getting stupid, but I liked how they put some of the myths together. Like the dog in the microwave, the babysitter's call, and the whole pyscho in the back seat when you least expect it.:dizzy2:

[TOMA] Edit : Double Post [/TOMA]

9. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

I think faces of death is scary

10. Quistis

Quistis New Member

I used to be a horror movie nut I would rent all kinds of them I was trying to find a good one that scared me but I saw like mostly all the movies you guys have seen (except the Ring or Ringu and etc) and only one that got to me was one bloody scene in Carry where she is like covered in blood and then goes psycho yeah I got me a little scared but then I wasnt after a few minutes.

I was affraid to see the movie Chucky but after I saw it I was like WTF! THAT ISNT SCARRY! and I didnt care anymore.

The exorcist was ****ed up but I never got scared I was like "ouu wow a girl is possed and puking pee soup" :rolleyes:

I saw Nightmear on Elm street and it was um, very bloody but not scary I mean like I went to bed right after I saw it I was like "Ya right like I am going to get killed sleeping" :rolleyes:

Oh ya and the ending oh Friday the 13th made me jump but thats it

11. nioupy

nioupy New Member

scary movie

the movie i have been the most frightened by is with no doubt the ring, the japanese version. perharps is it because i was tired, watching it in japanese with subtitles, all alone in my room, not really taking care until being half between sleeping and watching. anyway, i'd this fear i disliked (well, i think i liked it in fact).
    anyway, since this time, i'm anxious when watching it, but i am not scared anymore... that's sad.

darkness fall also has my favours, as, even if i don't think it's a really scary movie, very often i've been surprised and ... not scared but near.

i'm "happy" to see that no one spoke about blair witch. i don't know what makes that lots of people think it's scary. everyone its taste ;)

an old movie based upon it from stephen king frightened me, when i was 8. i have the dvd but it lost it's interest, i grown up :(

12. username

username New Member

!!

well when i was a kid those Halloween movies were pretty scary but now i watch them and laugh. its funny how fake the dying seens are. i mean the guy is still breathing for crying out loud!!

13. shohen

shohen New Member

Re: !!

the old ones maybe but the new ones are pretty realistic;)

14. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

I thought the Ring was dang scary!! Dakrness falsl was close but not really...there was jsut a bunch of surprising things aruond the corner but The ring was so scary...seriously i held so tight to the person i was with that he had to tell me i was digging my fingernails into his arm lol...

15. DarkNd Destiny

DarkNd Destiny New Member

Scariest Movie I Have Ever Seen:

IT !
    (Based on Stephen King's Novel)

This is the movie that caused me to dislike clowns
    so much more than I had before!

:)

16. Paper

Paper New Member

Bleh, seen a lot of the movies here but I must be messed up... the only movie that's scared me is A Beautiful Mind... Yeah I know it's not supposed to be scary... scared me nonetheless.

17. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

DREAM CATCHER!!! and for those of you who have seen it that basicly explanes it....if you havent seen it...well then, go see it^__^

Misao

18. username

username New Member

!!!

i've probably already replied to this but i think Jeepers Creepers was hecka scary. And i think jeepers Creepers 2 will be scarier than the first one!!! ( where'd you get those eyes!!)

19. Alla Bloom

Alla Bloom New Member

Scariest movie i've ever seen? Spice world:eek:

20. Animanga

Animanga New Member

The movie that really scared me is one that my mom made me watch when I was younger. She made me watch it so I didn't agree to meet anyone I met on the internet. It was where this guy got these girls from the internet to meet them and he killed them. It freaked me out since I was just a kid. And I wouldn't go on the internet for a few days, lol. Now scary movies just don't scare me. The best scary movies are the older ones. All the new ones have is ยง3x (I dunno if they censor that) and thats not what I go to see a scary movie for.

The Ring kind of freaked me out. I wasn't really scared, but it was just so freaky that it gave me a weird feeling. Not a scared feeling, just a weird one. It might have been the faces. Another thing that happened is that a few days later I was watching TV with one of my friends in the middle of the night and my tv went all fuzzy like the TV does in The Ring. Me and my friend ran out of the house and over to her house. It was actually pretty funny now, but it was kind of freaky then because he happened just after we talked about The Ring.