What's Your Favorite Fighting Syle?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by JumboSpaceman, Apr 29, 2003.

?

Which Is Your Favorite Fighting Style?

1. Kamiya Kashin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hiten Mitsurugi

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. Tenken

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Futae no Kiwami

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Kodachi Nittou

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Satsu Jin Ken

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gatotsu

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. What am them thar whacky words?

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. JumboSpaceman

JumboSpaceman New Member

Kenshin's Hiten Mitsurugi supersonic sword techniques are my favorite.

2. rauko_ganwethrin

rauko_ganwethrin New Member

hiten mitsarugi is really neat. its so fast, you can hardly see the blade. plus ya gotta luv kenshin ^.^

3. WindF2joker

WindF2joker Guest

Hiten Mitsurugi of coz, but not kenshin's, Hiko Seijuro is way better, afterall, he is Kenshin's master...

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

ok well lets see.. got a couple problems but yeah...anyway first off its Kamiya Kasshin Ryuu, Tenken is not a style rather its a nickname for Soujirou. Gatotsu isn't a stlye its a move invented off of the Hirazuki of the Shinsengumi. Futae No Kiwami again is just a move not a style. Satsu Jin Ken is not a style not even a technique but its literally means killing sword. oh and also Hiko Seijuurou isnt neccesarily better just that hes more muscular and larger than Kenshin making his wild techniques Ryuu Sou Sen, Ryuu Sou Sen Garami and Kuzu Ryuu Sen stronger because he had more upper body strength to put behind them.

ive said this in my other post and ill say it in this one. the Sakabatou is not a possible sword. you cannot have a springy front and a hard back because the sword will just break. also in Kenshin Episode 11 or manga 4 Kenshin grabs the sakabatou on the blade and uses it to counter Aoshi's speed with his Kodachi however had it been a regular katana that would have worked because when he would strike the edge would be facing Aoshi's sword and not have hurt Kenshin's hand however with a sakabatou the shock of the two swords meeting would have severed Kenshins thumb and part of his palm totally off.

Now with that in mind ill try to outline all of kenshins techniques. First you have the basics

Ryuu Tsui Sen
    the user jumps into the air, at the peak of the jump (the point at which there is no air or gravity resistence, the user reverses postions so that the sword is held with one hand stretched downward and the other other hand grasping the handle of the sword behind the tsuba (hand gaurd) kissaki point toward into the air. then just before contact both hands are placed on the handle and it delivers a crushing blow to the head or shoulders. Now in Kenjutsu most school taught very little about defending from an ariel attack so therefore the Ryuu Tsui Sen is a very useful move.

Ryuu Tsui Sen-Zan a dirivitive of the original Ryuu Tsui Sen basicly instead of a downward slash it is a downward stab kissaki(blade tip) first.

Ryuu Shou Sen
    The user grasps the handle at the end and using the other hand places it on the mune (back edge of the blade) so that the sharp edge is facing up. Then jumping or thrusting with the help of the left hand the sword is thrust at the target. again this is a very useful move because of the swiftness and the fact that it's an effective anti air move.

Sou Ryuu Sen
    The Sou Ryuu Sen is a nidan battou jutsu (a second level battou jutsu) Holding the katana in the scabbard in a traditional Battou Jutsu stance (a traditional Battou Jutsu stance would be with the Right leg forward and crouching back on the left leg sword in the left hand with the blade pushed out just past the friction point and the right hand out or on the handle. now when drawn theres a possibility that you'll miss therefore instead of leaving youself totally open you swing the saya forward and strike with it. again this is a very useful move although if you were skilled enough chances are you wouldnt miss the primary strike.

Sou Ryuu Sen Ikatsuchi
    this is also a dirivitive in which you lead with the saya using it as more of a distraction while landing the blow with the katana.

Hi (pronounced hee) Ryuu Sen
    this is a left handed battou jutsu. its used as more of a suprise attack than anything else. Spinning in the to the left the user then slams his thumb into the tsuba (hand gaurd) and propels the sword at his/her opponent.

Ryuu Kan Sen
    this move is a split second reaction move. When attacked the user block the sword and spins to the right while moving toward the opponents back. then the katana i brough around and slams into the base of the opponents neck. Very Lethal with a real sword.s

Ryuu Kan Sen-Tsumuji
    here the user jumps into the attack and swing around to strike the base of the neck.

Ryuu Kan Sen-Arashi
    the user spins into a ball sword stretched out to strike the opponent

Ryuu Kan Sen-kogarashi
    standing in behind the opponent the user spins infront to strike in the neck.

Ryuu Sou Sen
    a primitive form of the Kuzu Ryuu Sen (see bottom) this move basically strikes the nine vital points of the body many times at high speed.

Ryuu Sou Sen-Garami
    this move like the Ryuu Sou Sen strikes many time at high speeds but focuses on one point.

Dou Ryuu Sen
    this move has the user slice his or her sword very fast near the ground the movement of the sword will draw up rocks and hurl them at the opponent.

Kuzu Ryuu Sen
    this is the first of the two ougis(succesions techniques) of the HIten Mitsurugi school. this move hits the nine vital points of the body all at once. only the Ama Kakeru Ryuu no Hirameki can defend against this.

Ama Kakeru Ryuu no Hirameki
    This is the ultamite God Speeded Battou Jutsu. Only One who is not afraid of Death can master this technique. The Master uses the Kuzu Ryuu Sen against the user. Then the user goes into a normal Battou Jutsu Stance. Then leading with the left leg (this is highly unusual because the battou jutsu technique is taught to use the right leg to avoid being cut on the draw) the user slashes out. The force of the Blade seperates the air and draws things into it to fill the void. Then Pivoting on the left leg the user again slashes. The master usually dies in the teaching of this technique. Hiko Seijurou is an exception to this, as Kenshin uses the Sakabatou Shin Uchi(saka=reversed ba=sound change on the word "ha" which means edge tou=sword Shin Uchi=Holy Blade*.
    The mekugi protruded from the mekugi-ana just enough to make the blade vibrate. it was able to lessen the blow enough to make the attack on Hiko non-fatal. The sword responded to its users thoughts and actions perfectly...
    *when one makes a unique sword often times there are a couple copies of the blade made. The cheaper ones are sold off or given away and the master copy or the Holy sword is often dedicated to a shrine.

Kodachi Nitou Ryuu
    Shinomori Aoshi's Style.

Onmiyo Hasshi
    this is a thrown sword technique similar to the Hi Ryuu Sen, Except the user pushes the aikuchi kodachi (tsubaless short sword) into the first kodachi. that way if the first kodachi is countered there is still the second one.

Onmyo Kousa
    after the lead Kodachi connects with the opponent/object the second kodachi hits the mune (the back of the blade) and puts pressure on it to do further damage.

Goku Juu Ji
    this move is like a pair of siccors. holding both kodachi's forward in an X shape edges out the user swings them away from eachother in a siccor like effect.

Ougi Kaiten Kenbu Roku Ren
    This is the ougi of the Oniwabanshuu Kodachi Nitou Ryuu. reversing the hold on the swords so that both blades are facing backwards the user starts in and leads with either the left or right hand after that 5 more slashes follow in close sucession.

Tennen Rishin Ryuu
    Saitou Hajime's style actually the style for the whole Shinsengumi.

Gatotsu
    Saitous special technique. dirived from the shinsengumi specialty Hirazuki. Actually the Gatotsu as a name is a made up by Watsuki Nobuhiro. but Saitous actual technique which was considered to be more powerful that Okitas 3 step pierce was his left handed forward thrust.

Taikuu no Gatotsu
    and anti air version of the Gatotsu.

Gatotsu Zero Shiki
    the zero stance of the Gatotsu style. Done at point blank range with all the power he can sustain.

Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu
    Amakusa Shougo's specialty
    slightly fast and stronger than Kenshin he learned the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu from his uncle who had failed to inheirete the Ougi. Amakusa Shougo is a Christian that is worshiped as the son of God because of his lightinig swiftness in battle.

Rai Ryuu Sen
    a technique specially made by him it reflects the sun of moon light off his katana into his opponents eyes blinding them.

Ama Kakeru Ryuu No Hirameki
    his ougi loses to kenshins in their battle and Kenshin is still blind.

Street Fighting
    Sagara Sanosuke's fighting style

Futae no Kiwami
    a literal double pounch. The first punch hits with the knucles but then if followed by the rest of the fist without resistance and can literally disinigrate objects and if it cant totally disinigrate it it causes a large dent

Kiwami Hasugi
    by punching youself with the Futae No Kiwami it can cancel out another Futae Kiwami.

Sanjuu No Kiwami
    First the user starts off witht the Futae No Kiwami but on contact snaps out his fingers as the second hit.

Kamiya Kasshin Ryuu
    started by Kamiya Kaoru's father Koshijirou, its motto is the sword that protects life.

Ougi No Kiwami: Hidachi
    the used catches his/her opponents sword at the tip and quickly snaps his/her hand to the side to break the blade.

Ougi no Mamori: Hadome
    the use cross his/her hands to catch their opponents blade with the backs of their hands

Ougi no Seme: Hawatari
    The user runs along the blade after catching it with the Hadome and then jumps to ram the hilt of their sword into one of the vital points of the body.

Tenken no Soujirou's Shukuchi (i believe that Shukuchi means smaller Earth)
    there are three steps before shukuchi. at each the speed is increased a bit for an even fast move. Battousai can move at the speed which the human eye cant follow but Soujirou can move at the speed which the human eye cant even see. with the addition of the fact that he posses no other emotions except joy Battousai who reads his opponents intents through their emotions it is all the more deadly.

Shun Ten Satsu (Heavens Instant Kill)
    This move starts with the Soujirou moving in using Shukuchi then as soon as he near to his opponents he uses a Garyu Battou Jutsu.

5. Kojiro

Kojiro New Member

there are so many fighting styles, they cool, cept i just like to watch him hurt people ahahahaha

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

oro...well...most of them are made up but some like Tennen Rishin Ryuu is a real fighting style...

7. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

i think Hiten Mitsurugi is the best! it uses speed and grace at the smae time. and no matter the weapon the technique will not miss its mark...and cause i love Kenshin so...the two kinda go together:D

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

actually it all depends on the weapon. when one switches from a katana to a wakizashi everything changes. the whole aspect of the style and speed will change. such as i dont think kenshin would be able to fight with a wakizashi.

9. DistantSamurai

oh yeah i didn't think of that...but i kinda meant that the reverse blade and the katana in comparison...but i'm a dork adn i didn't think of the many others hehe:shy3:

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

ah. ok...well technically the Sakabatou hinders it a great deal. expecially when using a Battou-Jutsu. when a regular Hanwei katana is drawn from the scabbard since the edge is facing away from the user it slides easily along the scabbards wall. but with the Sakabatou its edge is on the inside curvature so when drawing it it cuts into the wall and slows the draw a good amount.

11. DistantSamurai

and also with the movements of Hiten Mitsurugi style the sakabatou is slower than the katana because of its blunt end...it does not move so quickly...in all it hinders the speed of the style...yes?:D

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

slightly. To the untrained eye nothing would seem different but theres a slight difference which could mean the difference between life and death.

13. DistantSamurai

yes in swordsmanship i have learned that even the slightest difference of speed or weakness could be the difference in your life and the turn of the fight...

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

right. in that one little second when going from attack to defense or from defense to offense your left open. a good swordsman could cut through that and make a kill.

15. CheshireNeko

CheshireNeko Guest

Hi, sorry. I feel a bit wierd, I´m a new member here and a bit nervous about how people will react towards me, I don´t want to make enemies here, just friends.

Well anyway, I don´t know about you guys, but apart from the Hitan Mitsorugi that we´ve grown to know and love, I also like The Gatotsu! Don´t laugh! I just find it very great for many reasons, the fact that it´s left-handed is one. But I always liked attacks that just go straight forwards to the attck and don´t do any show-off paraphanelia. It´s just an attack that seems so simple yet done well looks amazing, well in my eyes it does. So that´s more or less why I like it. Not that anyone´s gonna read it...ah well, never mind!

16. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

I dont know which it is so I'll ask ^_^ the school teacher's tech you know the old man. The one that his stupid student ruined and could have killed Kenshin.:) what one was that?

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

well technically Gatotsu isnt a style rather its a technique...

18. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

O, well then what about sito's style?

19. Hitokiri_Gensai

according to documents ive read its Tennen Rishin Ryuu, actually the Gatotsu isnt a real technique rather its a based on Saitous Left Handed Forward Thrust, which was rumored to be more powerful than Okita's Three Step Pierce...anyway his waza was based off of Hijikata's special technique Hirazuki...

20. Sannosuke

Sannosuke New Member

Man i never heard of any of those what tae kwon do or wu shu,or somethin.