Square Enix whats your favorite final fantasy game and why?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hitokiri_Gensai, Mar 27, 2003.

?

whats your favorite Final Fantasy Game?

1. Final Fantasy 1

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Final Fantasy 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Final Fantasy 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Final Fantasy 4

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Final Fantasy 5

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. Final Fantasy 6

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Final Fantasy 7

39 vote(s)
    44.3%
  8. Final Fantasy 8

15 vote(s)
    17.0%
  9. Final Fantasy 9

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  10. Final Fantasy 10

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

Where's final fantasy tactics?!?! That's the 1337est one right there, no questions asked. Best story, you gotta love it, and you gotta love the fact you get to pick what your character's jobs are.

2. Novus

Novus Gone

Final Fantasy Tactics is no more a Final Fantasy game than the Legends series or Mysic Quest. It's really completely separate, except for the fact that it stole a lot of names from the other ones and having a Cid. The battle system is nothing like a true FF game at all, and even the story wouldn't ever end up in one of them.
    It was a kick-*** game, though.

3. jindo

jindo New Member

FF 1 and FF7 ... although I'd prefer playing FF tactics... it's more fun and it has more replay value than any other FF games.. except for FF1. :cool:

4. Demon Hunter

Demon Hunter New Member

FF7 i like The end guy Seph the 1 winged angel

5. Volt

Volt New Member

I can't vote.

I refuse to vote because I have so many favorites...I don't just stick to one. Every game has it's pros and cons...

My Favorites are...
    • Final Fantasy VII - It's originality and characters. It's old crusty'ness of futuristic energy sucking buildings and cities.
    • Final Fantasy VIII - It's Image, The battle system, characters, Gardens, and Music.
    • Final Fantasy IX - The Cities and Towns, the non-human adorable characters. Beatrix (why do I always go for the bad girls?) And the freindly party of characters that have such good chemistry together. The battle system was nice.
    • Final Fantasy X - The graphics of course, the memories, and personalities of the characters, even though some of them didn't have interaction between each other (kimari & Lulu, Lulu & Auron, Auron & Kimari, Lulu & Riku) and there are a bunch more . It seemed like those characters NEVER talked to each other. But the designs were great. Over all wonderful memories that I beleive Square-Enix had planed to bring back in X-2
    • Final Fantasy X-2 - Holy Jesus on a Pogo Stick! The game brought back wonderful memories along with a new style, story, and energetic battle system.

Until FF XII...

1 person likes this.
  6. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

Final Fantasi VII. The best story.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dante

Dante New Member

I beg to differ; I believe Tactics had the best story (and if you take into account what Novus said about Tactics, that's not saying much about the other games! :p).

Lately it's just about the main characters trying to find out about themselves or going through some transitional change while battling the uber-evil.

Tactics touches the one thing that a lot of games didn't go near at that time; religion. It takes a huge, open, right-hook at religion and sends it staggering by setting us up with a plot about this Jesus-like figure, St Ajora, the son of God Himself and the story of these Zodiac Stones that brought to life the Zodiac Braves, in which saved the world.

But as the story progresses, we see everything isn't quite as it would seem. The forest gets darker, the roads get windy, and as they say... in a long, windy road through a dark forest, it's easy for someone to get lost.

But in the end, we find out the truth; these once Holy items were being used for the most evil of purposes, turning once-proud knights and leaders and political figures and even religious figures into the most evil, the Devil, Lucavi, himself.

But what sets this apart from it? Why, the Jesus-like figure, St. Ajora, turns out to be in cahoots with these lost-souls and Lucavi.

Now that's one Hell of a story if I've ever seen one.

The only reason I'd put VII up higher than Tactics would be for the Turks.. a group of "evil" bad-***es, the bad guys who, in the end, weren't EVEN bad guys. By the end of the game they had the more (or at least Reno did) "Eh, whatever..." attitude. Once Shin-Ra went to ****, the Turks dispursed and went about their own agenda, Reno even openly admitting that he no longer had beef with Cloud and co. (but if they wanted a fight, he'd accept).

8. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Final Fantasy 7 is by far the best one for me. The story was the best one a videogame will ever have. You just cant compare. And who dosent love Materia!?

KaiyonTormentor

9. Sleeper_awake

Sleeper_awake New Member

I wish this poll accomodated for more than one choice. I loved FFVII, because of its involving plot, and its near cinematic status that it attained. I loved FFX because it had another involving plot, and the FMVs were worth drooling over. I loved FFVI because of the battle system, as did I love FFIV. Honestly, I love all FF games, but I had problems with only one of them and that was FFVIII. I didnt like the idea of enemy level ups, and the magic-stealing thing was kind of annoying....ever find yourself in a battle where you run out of that killer spell??? The one characteristic that seperates FF from anyother game is one thing, the similarities that make each game different. Also, the Ultima weapon. :p

10. solitaryman666

solitaryman666 New Member

I would have to say my favourie is FFvii. The reason for this is cos this is the first one I played. And when I did play it I was astonded by the greatness of the game,the lenght,the storyline,the charcters and the graphics were all superb. This is the game that I spent so much of my life playing and lead me to buy the others.

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I don't mean to offend anybody, but tactics?best story???Please. Nothing better than the story of Final Fantasy VII, and Spehiroth just makes it cooler. Tactics' story can get a little boring most of the time.

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

*sniff, sniff* ugh, the stink of fanboy.

*sniff, sniff* ugh, the stink of fanboy. Really, Final Fantasy 7 is nothing special. Sure, it's got explosions, guns, and Sephiroth, but, that's not what it takes to make a great game, in my opinion. I'm not saying FF7 is a bad game, only that it's overrated. It's not as great as you think it to be.FF7 is hailed as a great game because it brought RPGs to the masses. But is that really a good thing?

(Wow, look at me, I'm Seraphim Ephyon (Go ahead. Get that. Surprise me.))

In fact, I'll link a few posts on the subject.

I think this one is rather... fitting.

Shed any new light on the subject? I've got more where those came from. But, ehh, this isn't an FF7 bashing-thread, so...

For some reason, Final Fantasy 4 always stuck out at me. It's the one I like more than the rest ^^, and I'm not really sure why. I just find that I go back and play it more than any other FF game. Maybe it's because it was my first RPG. Or maybe it's because it has the best music, or the best story. I really couldn't say. The real answer is probably a combination of all of those.

13. Stalfos

Stalfos New Member

FFvii is my favourite, was x-2, xi, Crystal Chronicles and the gameboy titles left out on purpose? they werent that bad

1 person likes this.
  14. Tai

Tai New Member

Final Fantasy X because it's the first Final Fantasy game I've ever played ^__^;; I haven't been playing games all my life so you can't blame me really. Second favorite would be FFIX

15. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I wouldnt go as far as to say that FF7 being overrated. I mean what people like most about the game was the storyline itself. I loved it better than any other FF game I played. And FF7 was the last FF game I played out of the playstation series. Also in my opinion it is a good thing that FF7 brought rpg games to the masses. I mean this is somewhat motivation because you are somewhat driven to make a better game than that. To make a better impact....

16. Saikira

Saikira New Member

My favorite is FF8. I loved the graphics as well as just about everything else...and the opening sequence... heheh

17. kio

kio New Member

my fav is ffvii and ffx i like them both the same and voted for vii cause im in a retro mood :shy3:

[​IMG]

18. kio

kio New Member

19. Engel

Engel New Member

I like all of them.

Only because when I started playing FF games for the first time; I felt really dumb; because I'm not really all into quest games...and I felt really dumb; but I like it because it makes me think logically and all. That's the real reason why I play quest/rpg games now. ha ha. It makes me think; sad, no? :p

20. nomad-alpha

nomad-alpha New Member

i loved 8... they should do a remake for ps3... it was wayy ahead of its time...
    it was like watching the scifi channel on saturday morinings...

anyone think 8 deserves a remake or a sequel or an overhaul