Square Enix whats your favorite final fantasy game and why?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hitokiri_Gensai, Mar 27, 2003.

?

whats your favorite Final Fantasy Game?

1. Final Fantasy 1

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Final Fantasy 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Final Fantasy 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Final Fantasy 4

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Final Fantasy 5

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. Final Fantasy 6

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Final Fantasy 7

39 vote(s)
    44.3%
  8. Final Fantasy 8

15 vote(s)
    17.0%
  9. Final Fantasy 9

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  10. Final Fantasy 10

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

Uh, I think I'd go for all of them. My mind would implode if I am to think over what I like the most...! So there.

2. prince*duke*

prince*duke* New Member

Final Fantasy 10. Simple it's good graphics and.... TOTALLY ROCKS

3. sylverdragonfly

sylverdragonfly New Member

I had to go with FFVII simply because it held more magic for me than all of the other FF really...aside from FFVI which was also excellent! I guess when I play an RPG I like to feel like I am in the fantasy, with characters that look fantastical. I think VIII had too much of the teen drama romace in it for me, IX went back to being more fantasy-like...10 had great music...great graphics...but it was too easy...and too real...it lost the magic for me.

4. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

My favorite would have to FFVII because to me, it's the coolest... and it's the only one I own. :anger2:

5. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

FF7, had to the best to me. I just play it and beat in like oncea month.

6. SoraStrife

SoraStrife New Member

my fav topic!

Well, this will seriously be my last post and espcailly on my fav topic.. Mine RPG final fantacy is gonna have to be FF7, I mean yeah i guess there are a lot of haters out there that i wouldnt thought there will be :confused: ..but meh, whatever dudes...I think its the greatest of the greatest so far, not just cause of the plot and more magic, its actually everything! I mean, that was my first FF7 that i acutally played for the first time, and man! how i had lots of fun playing with it, and I use to stay up so late at night so I can beat it and get more stronger, I never got bored of it and still right at this moment I'm playing it all over again! so if you have anything else bad to say to my CLOUD STRIFE! well...I would say bad things..but..meh, your not worth my time..teehee! yay!! Cloud Strife LIVES!! and he's my future husband!! :p ..P.S. man, stop being to brutal about FF7 dudes! :bleed:

7. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

FF10.
    I guess because it was my first FF game I've ever played and of the theme song.
    I just love that song.
    And the characters are not too shaby either.

8. Hitokiri Tenma

Hitokiri Tenma New Member

seven is by far the best. the story was good and i liked the characters.

9. Orion

Orion Gears

Final Fantasy VII just owns every other Final Fantasy. It has the best storyline ever written for a game IMO, and has awesome visuals and fight sequences. It got my vote, and it seems like it got everyone else's.

-Ian

10. elvenscout742

elvenscout742 New Member

I think this poll will always be tilted in favour of 7, 8 and 10, which seemed to me to reach a much larger audience on the Sony consoles than the previous SNES titles, which, when re-released, I would assume looked rather primitive and corny for the Playstation to a lot of newbies.

I picked 6 for so many reasons, although I also like 5 and 7 an awful lot. It seemed to me that 6 was where the series peaked, having got gradually better (although my knowledge of 2, and 3 even moreso, is very limited) up to that point. 7 was my first, so I'm a little biased in its favour and can't tell if it was so noticeably worse than 6. 8 was, in my opinion, in comparison to some others, garbage. Haven't played 9 for more than a minute or so (I seem to have been out of video gaming for a while then). 10 I only got less than a year ago and, while I thoroughly enjoyed it, thought it was not comparable to the others in any manner, as it was so utterly different. I have no intentions of getting enthralled in 11, and I've heard these new sequels are rather corny, by the way.

11. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

TACTICS IS NOT IN THE POLL! WHY IS TACTICS NOT IN THE POLL?! WHY??? AHHHHH!!

Anyway, Tactics is my favorite game, not only of FF games, but of all games-new or old. It has the best music I've ever heard. The battles were fun and challenging. Your people might be stronger than the opponents but they usually had the strengths of number and terrain. The graphics were just how I like them: smooth and interactive with the characters. The customization options were very deep allowing for pretty unique characters.

For the FF games that I have played, their rankings are as follows:

FFT 9.5/10
    FFVII 9/10
    FFI 7/10
    FFX 6/10
    FFVIII 4/10
    FFTA 3/10

FFVII comes in a very close second. It had good music, an interesting storyline, and good graphics-not matter what anyone says. FFI was pretty good to me. I haven't played the original and all the glithces I've herad of it but the remake is pretty good in my eyes. FFX was sorta good. It could of been better so me. The cut scenes were put in shake-o-vision or something and is kinda annoying. The storyline could of been more interesting, too. FFVIII isn't actually that bad, besides the magic system. You have to draw numbers of spells from enemies over and over again to use them and you have to equip those spells to your stats to raise them. The problem is, the amount that the stat goes up is dependant on the number of the spell you attach to it. Meaning you either can't use spells or you have weak characters unless you wanna spend hours trying to draw all the spells. To me, FFTA is horrible. It did not live up to the FFT name. I didn't like the sequal to be so....childish compared to the original. 50 classes? Sure, but with 6 races thats only about 8 or 9 for yourself. The customizablity wasn't that good either. Combos were a cheap way to win. If you were smart you'd just get 5 moogles, make them all gunners, make yourself a hunter, wait for an enemy to get into range, use combo, and everyone will gang up on it and it'll die, boss or not.

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

This thread was started on March of 2003, so tactics wasn't released back then. Neither was X-2 (hehe), nor XII.

I still think VII is the ultimate best, and hope to god that it gets remade for Ps3!

-Seishin

1 person likes this.
  13. elvenscout742

elvenscout742 New Member

WHAT!? I don't know much about Tactics, but I do know it was released way back in 1997/1998.

14. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

There's FFT and FFTA. FFT is a PS game and FFTA is a GBA game. FFT was made right after FFVII as I recall so it should of been on the list.....

There's the FFVII Advent Children movie coming out in September this year and then there's the sequel to that called FFVII Dirge of Cerebus or something like that and it's supposed ot be a fps from Vincent's point of view. No FFVII remake, sorry.

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ooops. Sorry about that. I was only thinking about Tactics Advance. I guess that you can take it with the person that made the thread if you want it as a poll. Or I think that this thread should be renewed, at least it's options...
    AC is a movie, and Dirge of Cerberus looks farkin' awsome! As for the remake, they didn't say no yet, but they didn't say yes either......

-Seishin

16. ABSOLUTE AZN

ABSOLUTE AZN New Member

hmmmm It would have to be between FF7 and FF10.
    I like FF7 because the story line is uber good, and the graphics were above and beyond [ especially at those times ]
    I like FF10 because the aeons rule. The storyline is dope [ really good ], the characters are awesome, and the features are tight.

17. midnight maiden

midnight maiden New Member

7 is the best.its the one that got me involed in final fantasy and not only that it was the first RPG game i've ever played.

18. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

FFVII is my fav. Not for graphics or anythin, but mainly because its got, I think, the best story to it and the best cast of Characters. Its got loadsa mini games and the materia slot idea in FFVII was a great idea! :D

Overall FFVII was the best in my opinion and gets the full whack of a ten outta ten from me.

19. Zanth

Zanth New Member

FFIV has been and always will be my favorite FF game just because I love the characters and story so much. Not to mention it has my favorite music of any Final Fantasy game.

20. elvenscout742

elvenscout742 New Member

What? I mean, each to his own, but I thought the music in FFIV was bland and uninteresting, with some exceptions, most notably "Prologue", which appears in every FF game up to VI, as far as I know...