Whats your favorite Kenshin Quote?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Hitokiri_Gensai, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Himura

Himura Guest

"Kenshin: A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is the art of killing. Whatever pretty words you use to speak of it, this is its true nature. What Miss Kaoru says are the words of one who has never dirtied her hands. An idealistic joke " -:dizzy2:

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

Ken wa Kyoki Kenjutsu wa Satsujin Jutsu, donna kiregoto ya Odaimaku wo kuchi nishite mo sore ga shinjitsu, Kaoru-dono no iterukoto wa ichido mo ono re no te wo kekashita koto ganai monogaiu, amatsu choroi zare goto de gozaru. kerdomo sessha wa sonna shinjitsu yorimo Kaoru-dono no iu ama choroi zaregotgo hou ga suki de gozaru yo -

Romaji for "A sword is a weapon, Kenjutsu is the art of Killing. No matter what pretty words you use to cover it up this is its true nature. What Kaoru says are the words of someone who has never dirted her hands. But i prefer what Miss Kaoru believe over the truth"

if i remember that particular quote went: If the Sake is bitter its proof that there something wrong within you.

UFOtaku- your a kendoka as well?

3. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Yep, Shinkage Ryû Kenjutsu! *bows* ^_^

Dija know there is actually a guy in Japan who still does Hiten Ryu Mitsurugi? I thought that was pretty cool. One of his ancestors was a master of it, and they found a scroll at thier family shrine or something like that.

Anyhoo, here to stay on topic:

Henya from Episode #10 said:
    "A real man's honor cannot be bought or compromised."

Here's another great kenshin quote from episode #11. He was talking to Megumi:

"Even if you were to die, it won't bring anyone else back. Instead of hurting yourself, helping other people is the best way to make up for your mistakes."

Lol, Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu. ^_^ *sigh* I feel stupid. Everythings backwards in Japan (or in my fansubs anyway). I guess I should really start watching the American stuff. *hisses at teh idea* -_-

4. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

one that i hate is "its not what outside that counts its the inside..." i mean for me thats perfect but everyone is superficial and they can't help it...its human nature...i mean even i have to admit i'm a bit superficial...but ehy no ones perfect

5. Yonaki

Yonaki New Member

My favorite has gotta be this one

Kaoru & Yahiko: *Punching Sano*
    Sano: Would you mind GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!?

It was something like that. I havn't been watching RK very much lately 'cuz it still showing the first couple of episodes. Oh well at least I know where to buy the DVD. *Grin Evilly*

~* Ja Ne *~ ^_~

6. DistantSamurai

not at all!! another funny qoute is:

"looks like i've made yet anohter strange friend..."

hehe;)

and another one:

"Just give up..." Battousai

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

Misao: what are you flat broke?
    Kenshin: *everywhere i go everyone i meet*

Kujiranami Hyougo: Take my life... The Ishin Shishi have won at Tobafushimi; it’s all over. The coming age will be like this battle--an age of guns, without skill or soul . . . I have been a warrior all of my life! I have no wish to see this age! At least let me die here, by the hand of the one they call the strongest. Finish me.

*Battousai turns*

Battousai: I’m sorry. I don’t want to kill anymore than I have to. Live, in the new age . . .

Kujiranami Hyougo: Wait, Battousai! It’s not enough that the Ishin Shishi have stolen my honor? You would even steal a warrior’s death? Battousai!!

Women: Look he carries a katana, Even in this age of enlightenment he cant forget his Samurai ways..

8. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

These go with it:

Tomoe: "You made it rain... rain iof blood..."

Woman-at-Inn: "Teh scent of an Iris is strongest in teh rain, even when it may be a rain of blood."

Also, I LOVE this one:

"Even if my body decays on the fields of musashi, I have no regrets because the Japanese spirit will live forever." -Katsura

9. DistantSamurai

Katsura: a year has passed. He looks older and unfamiliar. (sip) But as pure as before.

Man(don't knwo his name):We will be fine.

Katsura:No. Hes still pure. He is at conflict with himself. With Hitokiri...

10. DistantSamurai

hehe

Katsura:Shinsaku, its has become just as you said. It is my error. The sword is not for the sake of destroying the old era...It should have been used for protecting the new...Forgive me, Himura

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

Heibo: Go North (?) my name i Heibo Shinosuke!
    Battousai: Your name means nothing to me! Move!

12. DistantSamurai

Battousai: I...I must bid farewell to you...But now,with you,Tomoe, for now,we are together...

Battousai:If you withdraw i will spare your lives. If you do not...

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

Saitou: I can tell you Sick Okita, so Shinsengumi Sanbantai Kumichou Saitou Hajime will bring death upon Hitokiri Battousai!

14. DistantSamurai

Hiko:You'll someday taste sake. When teh time comes, lets drink together.

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hiko: If the Sake is sour its proof that theres something wring within you...

16. DistantSamurai

Battousai: i have killed people to protect the happiness of those who are weak...but it was because of me that you lost your happiness...i have stolen that precious thing away from you...in ignorance...I...have no right to protect you...I did that to you...

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

Roshi: whats your name!?
    Hiko: Its pointless to tell the dead..

18. DistantSamurai

Katsura: I'll come right out and ask...Have you killed? There's nothing pretty about this. Its murder. In order to create a new world, one must tear down the old. It is a repulsive job, but it must be done.

19. Hitokiri_Gensai

Iizuka: Hey you!
    Kenshin: who...
    Iizuka: Im Iizuka a beheader. its your first time isnt it? i can tell...well pull yourself together...Some guys get sick or lose their appitites..
    Kenshin: I actually feel better than i expected...
    Iizuka: Good, our adage is quick, exact and decisivly.
    Kenshin: With my sword...Those who fall to it...in age of possible peace...I will...kill *in between this he kills som guys and says "Ten ni kawa" which means preceed to heaven*

20. DistantSamurai

Saito: Okita...Gather your thoughts, then place them into words.