Books Whats your worst book?

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Yossarian, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

whats the worst book you've ever read?

the worst book i ever read was Roll of thunder hear my cry forgot who it was by.

i just couldn't get into it.

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Blargh!!

I actually thought Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry (by Mildred Taylor) was a good read. I know it spawned several sequal books, but I never read those.

The worst book I've ever read (at least as far as I can remember) is probably the Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. it was slow and tedious more than anything. It took so long and it never really went anywhere. I love good classic literature (Canterbury Tales by Chaucer and Mary Shelly's Frankenstein are both awesome reads) but the Scarlet Letter like torture. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. :p

~the incandescent wert

3. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

wait i didnt like that book either, but i had to of hated that book um " The Cure", it was just plain boring.

4. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Well, there have been a lot of books that I've read that I didn't really care for. In nearly all cases I was reading them for one of the many English and/or literature classes I've taken through my school career. Most of the time I was able to slog through the books and find something redeeming about them. However...there were a few I just couldn't get into or that I downright hated.

Beloved by Toni Morrison. Had to read this for my American Lit class and I despised it. In fact, it's one of the only books I've actually wanted to burn.... ^_^;;

Beneath the Wheel by Herman Hesse. Tried to read this in 10th grade English, but I could not get into it because it was so very depressing. Thankfully, the rest of the class had a similar problem, so the teacher worked something else out.

Raisin in the Sun (can't remember the author). Another book for that 10th grad English class. I was able to finish it, but it was depressing and frustrating. I just couldn't bring myself to care about the characters.

The Ring of Five Dragons by Eric van Lustbader. This one I picked up recently from the library and put down in disgust after reading 35 pages. The exposition was choppy and overblown, the characters had unpronouncable names, and the plot was slow-moving at best.

There have been plenty others on my list of disliked books, but those four were the first to come to mind.

~Shadrach Anki

5. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I think one of the worst books I read was Waiting by Ha Jin. This was a summer book that I had to read for my Freshman english class. This was so moving, uninteresting (a love story in the Chinese military in the 80s), well I guess it gave some interesting insights into Chinese culture but it was not all that good.

6. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

When I was little, in 4th grade, I loved reading classics like Tom Sawyer, The Prince and the Pauper, Black Beauty, White Fang, Call of the Wild, Anne of Green Gables, and some other ones but now when I try to pick one up, I can't stand reading them.
    For instance, just a few months ago we had to read Treasuer Island for Literature and I hated reading that. So I hate reading some classics now.
    And sorry for you LOTR fans but I tried reading that series but I never really got into it. I read the hobbit about a year before the 1st movie came out and I liked that but I just don't like the other ones.
    Some other books I hated were Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl and The Midwife's Apprentice. That's all I can think of on the top of my head right now.