Who is better Aoshi or Saitoh

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by rurouni217, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rurouni217

rurouni217 New Member

I think saitoh because he was one of the few to get a tie with kenshin so yeah.

2. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

Dude hell no Aoshi kicks arse.He is cooler and he was damn near close to beating kenshin or atleast tying him.HE could definitely kick sanos butt.

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

it all really depends on your oppinion. in fighting skill Saitou has far more experience. Being of the Shinsengumi he took part in every major battle that the Shinsengumi were involved with and he also took care of internal assassionations.

Aoshi became the leader of the Oniwabanshuu at the age of 15. chosen for his skill in kempo and with a kodachi he took charge of the group that defended Edo Castle. He has skill but has less experience.

as for my personal oppinion...i think Saitou is far better...

4. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

In the manga Saito has a very fierce combat with Kenshin before Ookubo interrupts them. Still here it wasn't published takoubons #10 and #11 when
    Aoshi and Kenshin fight for a second time. (and they're stopped by Misao).
    Then so far I think that Saitou is better than Aoshi

5. rurouni217

rurouni217 New Member

saitoh can kick anyones butt any day any time and any where

6. hibob

hibob New Member

aoshi could kick saitohs butt with one hand tied behind his back

7. Naeo

Naeo New Member

SAITOU!!! SAITOU!! SAITOU! SAITOU!!! AOSHI COULD NEVER DEFEAT SAITOU!!! SAITOU'S SWORDSMANSHIP IS WAY MORE SUPIRIOR THAN AOSHI'S!!! SAITOU IS A SEXY SEXY BEAST!!!

PS: i have a manga picture of Aoshi wearing an apron that says 'Lovely' on it! HA!!!

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It would definately be a fight to remember, if they clashed. But the fact remains that they didn't, so everything is based on comparison, speculation, and opinion.

I truly feel the hate-filled Aoshi who was out to prove the oniwabanshu were the strongest could have fought toe-to-toe with Saitoh, perhaps even winning, were he the target instead of Kenshin.

Under any other circumstance, I don't think he could push himself hard enough to the level it would take to defeat the wolf of mibu. Saitoh just has much more fighting experience, and general experience to boot, being older.

Saitoh was a front line fighter. Aoshi was a tactical defender.

9. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

AOSHI!!!! AOSHI!!!! AOSHI!!!!!

Aoshi is adorable and he is a really great fighter..... i think that he is way better ^__^

10. Balmung

Balmung Guest

saitou is better. he could beat Aoshi with one strike of the Gatoutsu:D

11. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

In my opinion Saitoh is better because of his skill mainly the amazing Gattoutsu(SP?) and because of all the experience he has being in the revolution and facing off with so many swordsman like Battousai...something that Aoshi wasn't able to do as much...which to me gives Saitoh the advantage over Aoshi

12. sasuke_aoshi

sasuke_aoshi New Member

But there is no doubt.... Aoshi is much better.

Aoshi is a nationalist like Kenshin, he is loyal to his country as well as loyal to his friends. His personality is the strong and silent type. Pkus, his fighting style is awesome.

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Hmm.. I *believe* that Saito is. Why you ask, I'll tell you why..

from watching the two fights, Saito vs. Kenshin & Aoshi vs. Kenshin, I saw that Kenshin was too close to get beated by Saito, while in the second fight, Kenshin's sucess was certin. So, if you compare these two fights through [using] Kenshin, you will see that Saito is stronger than Aoshi.

It could be a stupid reason, what would I know anyway :p

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Depends just where in the fight you are, if you ask me. During both of Kenshin's fights VS Aoshi there were unmistakeable uncertainties.

In the first fight, Kenshin narrowly escaped the Kaiten Kenbu with his scabbard. Had it not been moved there when it was, he'd have bought the farm. He nearly was defeated, and his only saving grace was Yahiko calling from the sidelines for him to push further.

In the second, Kenshin was mainly on the defensive, but Aoshi did nearly slice his throat badly. The Rurouni managed to get away at the right moment. Without the finishing Amakaren blow at the end, Aoshi might have had him.

I do agree that the Kenshin/Saitoh fight was much more of a close call, though.

15. Dark_Dreams

Dark_Dreams New Member

Aoshi is way better. saitoh is limited by what he believs is right. aoshi was willing to give up everything to beat kenshin.

16. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

but it can also make him weak...a person with beliefs and morals is more together then a person wihtout them...they have boundaries...goals...sense...ect...being emotionles and throwing your morals away to achieve only one goal in life may be strong for a samurai but not a fihgter...like Kenshin as an example...he found that the will to live was the thing that brought him to his utmost ptential...

[qoute]But there is no doubt.... Aoshi is much better.

Aoshi is a nationalist like Kenshin, he is loyal to his country as well as loyal to his friends. His personality is the strong and silent type. Pkus, his fighting style is awesome.[/qoute]

and i would think that Saitoh was much more loyal to his country the Aoshi...he fought alongside his arch rival just to protect the peace of japan and his morals...Aoshi didn't care...in fact he fought not entriely but close to Shishio's side...he didn't care if Japan was reaching turmoil...all he wnated was to beat Kenshin...while throwing all his morlas, beliefs and freinds away...

17. Naomi-Chan

Naomi-Chan New Member

I, myself, like Aoshi a lot better then Saitoh...iono Saitoh's personalitly just bothers me...but i think if they were in a fight i think Saitoh would win just because he has more fighting experience. But i do like Aoshi better still ^^;

18. Aoshi Shinomori

Aoshi Shinomori New Member

Gee thats a tough one...hmm let me think it is NOT Saitoh...Aoshi is the best,and I wonder why I would say that....can anyone take a wild guess? Oh by the way, hello angel.

19. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Saitou can mentally break down Aoshi, Aoshi just wants to win to become the strongest..
    I say Saitou, though I think they'd rather be staring at eachother the whole time: Saitou with a smirk, Aoshi with his cold eyes..
    :D

20. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

that is such an easy question. aoshi is way better than saitoh and he looks way better to. and + he could of killed kenshin if he wanted to but he didn't don't know why though . . . if he did, it would of probaly be a shorter show and maybe even better . . .

by the way, doesn't aoshi die? gets killed by shishiyou or what ever that dudes name is. but thats like w----a----y too bad.

:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.