Trigun Who likes the Trigun Philosophy

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kaiyon, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Who here liked all of the philosophy spoken in TRIGUN? Such as Legato's, Wolfwood's, Chapel's, Rem's, Vash's or Knives.

-KaiyonTormentor

2. Leonof

Leonof New Member

Ah, I've been longing to find a thread like this.

I love Trigun because of the Philosophy and emotion shown through not only Vash and Co but through most of the Gung Ho Guns. In my opinion, I think the Gung Ho Guns are underapreciated when in fact they were a vital role in Legato's plan to make Vash feel eternal pain and suffering. Each GHG seems to get under Vash's skin in their own different way. Ones such as Dominique and Hopperd saw them as insignificant garbage, while ones such as Rei-Dei and Chappel(Wolfwood) kill for reasons. Monev,Dominique,and Leonof seemed to be the GHG's with the most influence over Vash. The death of Brad at the hands of Leonof drove a heavy grief into Vash's heart.

As for individual philosophies, I find the Good,Neutral,Evil positions of Vash,Wolfwood,and Knives to be the most interesting of all. Vash struggles to save mankind while Knives strifes to destroy it. In the middle we have Wolfwood, who at first sees the only way out of dire situations is the death of someone. It is only towards the end when Wolfwood sees the error of his past judgments and is finnaly enlightend. Nicholas D Wolfwood is my favorite character for this reason, he is a mixture of Vash's and Knives' philosophies.

3. Vatina

Vatina New Member

I agree with Leonof :p

Yeah, I like the philosophy in Trigun too. I guess that is what actually creates the story and makes it so interesting. And it also makes you understand the characters and their reasons more...... It's not only a 'go-out-and-shoot-somebody' action story that way :p

4. Leonof

Leonof New Member

Thanks,Vatina!

She's right about gripping the concept of the characters to fully enjoy the anime. In my honest opinion, I cannot consider one a Trigun fan who does not appreciate the depth of each and every character from the series. When I ask the average person who their favorite character is on Trigun and why, I almost always get lame answers such as "Vash,Because he has the angel arm." Or "I like wolfwood cuz he has that cross gun." Hey, I'm not saying the Cross Punisher is a bad thing, I'm just more concerned about what the man is thinking as he pulls the trigger.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Unfortunately, I've been too busy to watch ANY anime lately, including Trigun, but as I remember it, the whole "philosophy" of Trigun does impress me.

I'll tell you honestly, I haven't really thought a LOT about the whole concept of the characters, but I see where you're coming from, Leonof. Sooner or later, I'll have to rewatch it, and keep your words in mind.

There's really nothing for me to say here, because you and Vatina have said it all already. :p

6. Leonof

Leonof New Member

Heh, comprehension of the situation is still a good step. I had to rewatch the series to fully grip the philosophy and depth of each and every character. From Vash all the way to Midvalley, I took time and pondered what their significance was.

*Laughs* It may seem that way, but there is always more to Trigun than there seems. Last night I had the most intellectual conversation with another "Trigun Philosopher" and it was refreshing. To truely Trigun, you ought to read Trigun Maximum as well. I don't even know where to begin on how deep the series becomes.

7. Vatina

Vatina New Member

I started on the manga not too long ago, and I'm now waiting (im)patiently for the 2nd volume of maximum to arrive in the mail..... and I loved it from the first page :p Can't wait to see how it goes, since it is pretty different.

8. Leonof

Leonof New Member

Reading Trigun Maximum huh? It's a GREAT manga I assure you. I'm (im)patiently waiting for Volume 5 to come in.

I won't give anything away but it gets GOOD in Volume 3 and 4.

Good luck in your waiting!

9. Vatina

Vatina New Member

Thank you ^_^

*starts tearing up my desk in frustration over the long wait*

10. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

rem, ah... that lady who makes me bloody jealous.... ^__^

but i just don't really understand the whole story... kinda confusing...

11. Vatina

Vatina New Member

That is only a good excuse to watch it again :p

12. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I agree. I loved to listen to all of them and some of them i agreed with.
    "No person has the right to take away another person's life." - Rem

It's true to me. We aren't god. We have no right to take what has been giving to someone else by him.