Who's better then Kenshin?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Ice_blue_eyes, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

From all I saw. I'd say that Seta Soujiro, and Shougo Amakusa (muto) are the only ones I know that are stronger then Kenshin. I mean, if Kenshin didn't mess Soujiro up, he would of died :anger2: :anger2: :sweat2: :anime: stinking Kenny! And I guess the same could go for Shougo. But was there anyone else?

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well, Amakusa Shougo cant stand up to him because he never learned fully the Amakakeru Ryuuno Hirameki. His uncle failed to inheirate the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu Ougi's. although he did develop the technique, Rai Ryuu Sen, his Amakakeru Ryuuno Hirameki couldnt stand up to Kenshin's.

as for Seta Soujirou, because Kenshin broke his mind, he could no longer hide his emotions which meant that no matter how fast he moved Kenshin would be able to see him. and unfortunetly, Soujirou's swordsmenship isnt near as powerful as Kenshin's.

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm stronger than Kenshin!! mwahahahaha...

Kenshin beat both of the characters you listed, this proves that Kenshin is the stronger swordsman. I suppose it depends how you define strength also. Soujiro was extremely strong in the way that he masked his emotions of sadness and rage and used this as an advantage against his opponents. As for muscular strength, Sano has more of this than Kenshin.. but Kenshin could still defeat Sano through his Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu techs and due to his god-like speed. Himura used people's strength and size against them, also.

4. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

uh

Not true, in that episode at the beginning of the battle, you could tell that Soujiro had the upper-hand. I mean, he got Kenny in the back, and dodged the Kouzo-Ryuu-Sen (sp?) If it wasn't for the fact that Kenshin kinda' got to him by running his mouth then he wouldn't have lost. NO! Soujiro wouldn't have lost! :anger2: :anger2: :anger2:

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

perhaps, but you have to realize, that mental perperation is half the battle. in the heat of a fight you cant lose your cool. everymove must be made with a clear and untainted mind. "anger is the enemy" Thats why the first fight against Aoshi was so hard for Kenshin. Even when he had the upper hand, Aoshi showed no emotion whatsoever. So, Soujirou, no matter how much of an upper hand he had, lost his cool which cost him the battle. Understand, that its very easy to read someones techniques and moves in a fight if they make every cut with emotion.

Anger makes the cuts wild and vicious. Its something that only a swordsmen would understand. when youve sparred against all types of opponents, you'll start to see that the ones who arent mentally prepared are the ones that lose faster. they lose control over their cuts and they also become incredibly predictable. they tighten their muscles and make harder cuts which end up putting way too much power behind the blade making it upstoppable until it reaches the ground which leaves the open to attack.

So, if Soujirou couldnt control his emotions, then he had lost the battle before it had even begun. so, regardless of speed or strength, having emotions in a battle will leave you with out victory.

6. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Kenshin is considered no.1 swrdsman in japan, so i think that he is the strongest and the fastest. However i think that Sanosuke is physically stronger than Kenshin, but Kenshin is faster and much more skillfull with blade.

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

as i previously said, its not a matter of strength, rather a matter of being able to control yourself. the most deadly cut requires the least amount of power. a flick of the wrist can cut the main artery to the brain while a beginers cut to the neck will likely miss or not hit correctly. probably the best model of this would be Aikido. no matter the strength of the opponent, you can always use their strength against them.

8. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Hitokiri_Gensai, I know what you are saying is true but I just really don't want to believe it.... :sad: It's hard to look towards the truth that it is... :sad:

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, eitherway, thats the way it goes. Soujirou and Amakusa Shougou both are inferior swordsmen compared to Kenshin regardless of physical strength.

10. Sagara

Sagara New Member

also kenshin had just fought aoshi before he fought soujiro

11. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Wait a moment, what about Saito?
    :anime:

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, what about him? Kenshin fought him and again ended in a draw. no matter how many times he fought any of the Shinsengumi Capitians, he always ended n a draw.

13. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

True..True. But that was Battousai Kenny, if it were Rurouni Kenny, then he wouldn't of stood a a chance..no?

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, no, probably not, but dont count that as a victory against Kenshin because he and Battousai are one in the same. and you have to remember that this was before Kenshin had gone back to Hiko and learned the OUgi of the Hiten Mitsurugi School of Kenjutsu. and after learning the Ougi Kenhin defeated Shishio who not even Saitou could defeat.

15. Sagara

Sagara New Member

Saitoh would have finised him if shishio didnt have the cheap metal band around his head

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, its not really "cheap" per se, but thats how he had been attacked at the end of the Bakumatsu. they had snuck up on him and stabbed him in the forehead and then shot him, finally they dumped oil on his body and lit him on fire. so, he was just prepared for what might happen.