Why do you enjoy Dragonball Z?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by *Fabee*, Jul 17, 2001.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Why do you like Dragonball Z?

I only saw the movie and two episodes of Dragon ball Z. The movie was really boring but the tv series was funny but not like Rurouni Kenshin.. I was just wandering why do people LOVE this series so much??? :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:

2. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

It has something to do with it hooking u with the simple we build it up over a episode then just drop it for another 2 (i.e Namec is blowing up.....4 episodes later it explodes) But the fight scenes are good, story puts me to sleep and some of the characters are good. I hear it gets worse after the cell saga with gohan growing up. I ony like it when Vegeta's in it bcause he's cool, maybe they should do a spin off on vegeta after dbz [​IMG] i'd watch tha over normal

------------------
    TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI TENCHI

i think i might like tenchi

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Dear Phat,

I LIKE DBZ, but that doesn't mean I want to watch ever episode, I liked the movie (almost), so does the episodes and I only watched two as you, the secret in it that you want to know (it is about me) why and where did Trunk came from? What is he gonna do now?
    I agree with you, I live Rurouni Kenshin ...

Yours, ;)
    Zanza <zzzzzzz>

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I agree that the plot to DBZ isn't that great. But it has great Fights and some good comedy(especially in Dragonball). I prefer Kenshin though.

Something I like about DBZ is the artwork. It was done by Akira Toriyama the great!!, the same guy who did Dragon Quest 7 and Chrono Trigger's artwork!!

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Just one thing to say here ...
    TORIYAMA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

¬¬
    'the' movie?
    If memory serves me correctly, there are *13* DBZ movies. (I have the 13th, and at some time in the past I have seen all the others)
    I'm normally considered anti-DragonBallZ, but new light has been shed on the subject for me.
    Dragon Ball Z was originally slated by Toriyama to extend to the end of the Namek Saga (where Namek blows up), this would have been good for me, as 'the Legendary Super Saiya-jin' (Saiya-person, for those who don't know what jin means) was discovered and a fairly cool end could be had there (hero kills bad guy, dies in the consequenses of the action, a pretty good 'legendary hero' storyline indeed). BUT, droves of screaming fans kicked the comercial engine into gear and Toriyama produced more (I'm not sure if he wanted to or not). Another note to ponder is that the manga and Anime were produced simultaneously, thus slowing the rate of the anime. Dragonball GT was not even sanctioned by Toriyama and production of it stopped before it was finished.
    Back to the question at hand, or rather my corruption of it. I actually liked the first part of the series (the saiya-jin saga, where Vegita and Nappa were introduced), it was still a bit slow, but it had an appeal to it. The Namek saga was a bit slower, and then extremely slow once the big fight hit, but it still had an appeal, and I could appreciate what it could be. I apologize to the DBZ fans out there if you take offense to the following, the rest of the series sux0rz, it drags on and on and on without a real plausible story (even for martial arts fantasy) where the answer to *every* problem is to get stronger and beat something up. I still can hail Toriyama as daring and innovative for his attempt to simultaneously produce the anime and manga, but I don't hail him as successful.

Here's a toast to Dragon Ball Z, for what it might have been.

-UK
    ----------------
    If I need to elucidate more on my opinion (I likely do) feel free to respond and ask something.

[This message has been edited by UrashimaKeitaro (edited 07-19-2001).]

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Well sorry if I offended anyone ... :anger2:
    Here is a question: What's the deal with the tail and I thought that the green guy was evil, but in the episodes I watched I saw him helping Goku and the rest of the GOOD guys??
    Could u describe for me the main characters and the important stuff that happened to them .. (IF U WANT TO)

8. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Oops, it seems I jumped to a conclusion, I'm sorry if you thought I was offended, I was just discoursing on my thoughts on DBZ. I certainly didn't mean to offend you. the '13 movies' line was supposed to just be a 'new information thing, I guess I've been misleading again...

...curses...

/me sulks off in a corner

9. That guy!

hmmm, It does drag on. Methinks it gets very annoying. Although it does last longer. For the Trunks-End of Cell Saga it took from September to like November until it ended. This kind of gave me something to look forward to after school :). My favourite season was the Trunks Saga. Probably because Trunks could beat the hell out of Frieza in a matter of seconds. I always wondered why Goku took too long to beat Frieza before. I guess Goku wanted Frieza to convert his ways, instead of beating the crap out of her(yes her!).

10. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

If by "that green guy" you mean Piccolo, and you're wondering why he was helping the heroes, you obviously haven't seen much of the DBZ series. Early in the sagas, he wanted to take over Earth, but after the Saiyans arrived, he decided to help the heroes to save Earth so the Saiyans wouldn't destroy it, allowing him to conquer it later. After the fight, he sided with the good guys.
    [RUDE MODE ON!]
    You really should watch more of a series before you question why someone would watch it. A single movie and a meager two episodes cannot possibly be enough to form a reliable and accurate oppinion of a series. Go out and watch some more, then come back with your opinions!!!
    [RUDE MODE OFF!]
    Anyway, I as an old DBZ fan myself, I have to agree with the sentiments that the series started to reek of the vile stench of boredome once Frieza was defeated by Goku (been telling some buddies that for months ...). Anyway, the TV station I get DBZ from has recirculated back to the Saiyan Saga, so I'm happy.

------------------
    Zanshi, Paranoid Android

11. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I watched Two episodes and one movie (I dont remember its name) and it was really boring.
    Then I wondered why does EverYonE loves this series so much because I believe that Rurouni Kenshin is much better than dragon ball Z .. and I see that Everyone prefers DBZ over RK

12. That guy!

Does Vegeta ever marry Bulma?
    I mean he has 2 kids(Trunks and Bra).

13. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

DBZ just ROCKS!

~IDAVE~ who cant understand why people are so negative. If something is fun to watch then it means its good!

14. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I dont.

Opinions differ for everyone of course, so what iDave says is perfectly true. If he thinks it's fun to watch, great. I don't.

I have seen few eps, but all the characters look the same. Nothing happens in an episode, fights drag out over several eps, and nothing happens. When a fight does happen it doesn't look good.

i saw the little sisters/brothers of a friend of mine watching it once, and it was at 10 frames a second no joke. Dunno if it's all like that, but it was enough to drive me batty.

Horrid voice acting.

Yes, I am negative, because I don't like it and it's no fun to watch (for me, all who disagree, great, glad you have something you enjoy. really)
    ---------------
    drag on ballz will never die

15. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

When the Goku or vegeta or one of the characters become strong their hair turns to blond.........
    I feel that they are saying that blond people are superior to black hair people.?.!.?

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Vegeta..Goku..Gohan..Trunks.. they are all Saiyans, and when they get to SuperSaiyan level, power up to get blonde hair and green-blue eyes. I don't think they are stating blonde is better.. so don't go dying your hair or something...

Anyways, the most powerful level of Saiyan, 4 is where they are more monkey-like with black hair, beady black eyes and furry red body hair.

so most powerful goes back to black.

17. That guy!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    (just kiddin')

They should all have blue hair when they turn Super Saiyen. That would look cool...

I don't think Toriyama meant anything by the blonde hair thing...

18. Musashi

Musashi New Member

True True, but the fact still stands that there is a higher level of SSJ than SSJ4 I have seen it myself, I have seen the artwork by Akira Toriyama of the SSJ5 and SSJ6 levels, they basically look like the SSJ2 and SSJ3 levels in Oozaru Form.

19. That guy!

oro?

I've never even heard of SSJ5 and 6... I have heard of level 4:

[​IMG]

Do you have a picture of level's 5 and 6?

Although I don't doubt you since one of the episodes I saw Goku was fighting Super Android 17 as a SSJ 4 and was getting his butt kicked.

20. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Well, Sorry i dont, but my friend does ill give u his email, tell him Ryan sent u to get these pics. Also, I dunno he may not have it. Chickenhuntar@hotmail.com