Why is DBZ so popular?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Jun 20, 2001.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I love fast-paced action as much as the next semi-violent type, but can somebody tell me why this series is so fothermucking popular? There is literally nothing to the show other than the fights, yet many, including myself, keep coming back. It lacks any real drama, has very little of the humour of the original Dragonball, and the plot is always a little shaky, at best.
    Could somebody explain this to me?

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Subliminal messages I tell you!

I think it's because there is way too much suspense in that show. Such as having Goku in the hyperbolic time chamber before he can fight Frieza or have Goku have a heart disease. People who are into the show just keep on watching it so they won't miss Goku coming out and kicking some @$$! It probably also quenches our want to see violence. You've got to admit that humans have fighting instincts like any other animal. Plus the cool heavy metal-techno music makes it into one complete package of a kick @$$ show!

3. demon_knight60

demon_knight60 New Member

I watch for the sole reason to watch them beat the living hell out of each other. I think it would be cool to have the powers they do. The ability to kill someone just by thinking about it intrigues me. I also like the fact that someone can draw that. The art work is fantastic. Thats why im trying to redo the manga in color so i can have the same feel that i get from the show.

4. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I think I may have figured it out! It's the lack of computer graphics. The fact that every energy blast is hand drawn is, to put it simply, spellbinding.

------------------
    DM the GM