Computers Win XP evilness :)

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MamiyaOtaru, Jan 23, 2002.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

for the sake of randomness, here is my desktop, now that I have windows XP installed. Marvel at the virtual desktop manager, the adress bar in the taskbar, and my visible like of anime. http://geocities.com/mamiya0taru/bilder/myDesktopXP.JPG

PS, since this is geocities, I have no idea how well this pic will display, if at all. Some serious editing may follow :)

As promised, here is the edit. Linking directly to the pic worked in Opera, with referrer logging disabled. But, in IE, when geocities knows where you are coming from, it won't let you see the pic. So, go HERE: http://geocities.com/mamiya0taru/bilder/ and from there click on the pic called myDesktopXP.JPG (or any other one, though the interesting level varies somewhat..)

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Evil doesn't begin to describe it, kinda like you're evil moving-ness script.
    *grin*
    XP... I begin to wonder if I should give it a turn in the blender.
    maybe it will succeed where 2000 and 98 are failing.

-UK

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

just prolonging the inevitable

I placed the XP files on my computer and have all the drivers to update the computer afterwards me thinks, but at the moment I'm typing like mad on the computer and can't afford even 2 hours to free up the computer for a change over to xp.

Maybe I am afraid of Change! Its inevitable! But I am soo scared!! :p

4. MamiyaOtaru

5. UrashimaKeitaro

actually the first link worked... go figure! Sweet picture, man! Did you get that from 6 god road? if not, where do you find these cool pics? speaking of pics... what was the name of that 'allviewer' from sourceforge you were talking about earlier?

-UK

6. MamiyaOtaru

It was from 6 God road all right :) hehehe

Click gallery then the top choice there (illustration in english)
    We have seen these pics. What I never thought to do though was click 'next' down near the bottom. There are 3 or 4 more pages of them, with double thumbnails :) small, medium thumbnail, then GIANT pic.

The viewer I was talking about is IrfanView. URL for that is http://www.irfanview.com/ I just found it it has an MP3 plugin, among other things hehehe you can use it for everything.

And yep, the first link seems to work for users of Opera. Bet it won't in IE :(

7. UrashimaKeitaro

*smacks forehead* D'oh! how in the world did we miss that before? Just goes to show you, A copy's just a copy, but the real thing's authentic... wait... that's not what I wanted to say... anyhow, yah, that site gets cooler every time I go! You've seen the excel saga counter, right?

-UK

8. MamiyaOtaru

Sure have. I've been wondering how to rip it :) I could take pics of every possible number an try to make my own, but that would suck

9. UrashimaKeitaro

You'd have to screencap to get the images, right-clicking will only return the left-most image (Ilparatzo's #1) and some transparency. anyhow, it'd be nice to have that... I wonder if they'd let it be had for an Excel fansite? a thought for an email, if I get to it