Computers Winamp5 the good from 2 and 3 unites 2+3=5 right?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by SaberJ2X, Nov 27, 2003.

1. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

in a bold leap
    winamp realizes the incompatibilities to version 2 spelled doom...
    and let's face it NO ONE LIKED WINAMP3

Winamp5 is aiming to fix this goof-off

it has all the compatability to ALL winamp2 skins and plugins. plus compat. too newer crazy Winamp3 skins...
    plugins are working here too

I've tested it out. I loved it all ready ditched Winamp2 into it well deserve grave so it can rest...

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=15379
    grab it!!!
    not final though.. I'll check out when Final comes out.
    I repeat it's very very very stable not single crash here.
    just like Winamp2 ^^

[​IMG]

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

It's better than Winamp 3 but to be perfectly honest... I liked 2 better. For whatever reason 5 takes a fair bit of time to load up and come up even when its open.

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

5 is basically an update to 2.xx, in much the same vein as the 1.xx to 2.xx upgrade.

I imagine it would be slower with the added skinning and scripting abilities. These do not have to be installed, but then you'd basically have winamp 2.xx.

Once it's final I'd go with it even with the extra skinning stuff turned off, as it will basically be a more up to date version of 2.xx. Up to date is better.. usually.

Winamp 3 never did live up to the hype, but the sad part of its death is the knowledge that there will now never be a linux port of winamp. Wasabi and Winamp 3 were made to be cross platform, something 2 (and therefore 5) are not.

Speaking of Wasabi player, Brennan will tinker away on the "Wasabi Player" in the background, so winamp 3 may someday see the light of day, even on Linux. Who knows. Until then, I'll be perfectly happy with XMMS (winamp 2 clone) :)

4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

btw.. winamp 5 will have a pro version with full speed CD ripping etc (maybe DVD playback someday), all stuff for which they have to pay.

Anyway, if you don't need the extra skinning stuff, word is that winamp 2.95 (leaked by someone) has CD ripping, and it's full speed, like winamp 5 pro.

Incidentally, Winamp Heaven has every version of Winamp ever released, and some not released, all the way from 0.20 to 5 rc8. (downloads and screenshots!) fun to browse.