Creative Writing World of mystery....

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Rebos, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Rebos

Rebos New Member

World of Mystery

Me now posts chapter one:
    (remember the prolouge is a joke..not too serious...)

Prologue
    "Hello, and welcome! I am the Storyteller!"
    "This book, err well, story if you prefer, is about 3 idiots; err, I mean--not entirely morons, ehehehe....but anyway. Rebos, Thallus, Warech and Alisha. Oh, that's 4, but no matter, eheheheh....Rebos, the stupid one; Thallus, the angry one; Warech, the Smart one; Alisha, the Mischivieous one. Yes, that's the main characters...ehehe. Well, you know, the story unfolds like this..."
    ..."Sssssshhhhhhhhhh," the wind howls. "...and that's how it ends! Isn't it funny?!"
    "Good work, Rebos! Make another wind and blow him away!"
    "What? What did you do?! I'n the storyteller, remember! You can't blow me away!"
    "Yes, we can! We're ..." "Sssssssssssssssshhhhh," the wind howls. "...remember?"
    "Ummm, Rebos, you don't need to do that when I'm speaking."
    "What? Is something leaking?"
    "..."
    "Ah well, anyway, let's start up the story!" the storyteller exclaims and open up page 269 in the book. "I just thought you needed to skip ahead a little!" a strange, but familiar female voice is heard. The storyteller begins to cite out of the book: "...and so they were..." *SLAM* "Yeow!"
    "Don't read ahead!" the second mysterious guy exclaims and slams back the book to page 1. "Start from the beginning now, ok?"

Warech, Rebos and Thallus were out on a picnic.

"What? We're out on a picnic? C'mon, you do better than that!" Thallus growls. "Huh? This is my book; not your. I decide what you do and what you don't."
    "You don't decide over me!"
    "Thallus, don't mess with the storyteller," Warech tells Thallus. "Now let's continue, and don't argue with the storyteller again, mmkay?"

"Ok, let's begin again," the storyteller repeats. "Rebos, Thallus, Warech and...well, Alisha wasn't there..."
    "That's right, that's because I'm right here behind you!"
    "Ok, stop joking now, I'm the storyteller; I'm even more powerful than your pitiful gods there."
    "Not if I call upon your god!" Thallus replies with a bit of smile. "Well, well, let's just continue, ehehehe....well, as I said, Rebos, Thallus and Warech were out on a picnic......"

"Why do I have to be here?! I have other things to do!" Thallus exclaimed grumpy as always.
    "Thallus we must act as normal as we can..." Warech replied.
    "Picnic thats... fun!" Rebos exclaimed with happiness in his voice.
    Suddenly Warech and Thallus heard something behind some trees; "What was that?" Warech said.
    "Bah...it was probably some animals," Thallus replied.
    Warech suspected that they were being followed so he said; "We'll investigate it anyway! Rebos – stay put!"
    "Me? What?" Rebos exclaimed confusedly.
    "I don't wanna go to look up that stupid noise!" Thallus growled angrily at Warech.
    "C'mon, now! Get a move on, Thallus!" Warech growled back. "You gotta do SOMETHING!"
    "Bah! I needn't do anything, you ugly thief! You go by yourself! …I'll just go check if there's a bar nearby…"
    "As you wish." Warech replied with a sigh.
    As Warech walks away, he sees Thallus walk away in the opposite direction.

Rebos looks up, and around, and notices that no one is there! He's alone!
    "What? Where'd everyone go?"
    As usual when the others have gone somewhere he started fantasies about what could have happened to them.
    "That legendary dragon must've eaten them, that there were rumours about in town. I must find them!" he decided.
    He looked around and decided a direction to go. "Hang on! I'll save y'all!" he says and wanders off.

As Warech returns to the place where he came from, he notices that Rebos wasn't there!
    "Oh, no…. not again!", he moans. "Rebos! Where are you? C'mere!"
    "Where are YOU then, Thallus?"
    …No answer.
    "Maybe they went off together…" he concludes as he sighed.
    "Why do I have to be the leader of this pack?" he asks himself, not for the first nor the last time.

2. Rebos

Rebos New Member

Chapter 1

Chapter I: The First
    "Hmm… I guess he's busy. I should check some things out before he's done," Fuurita mutters to herself.
    This was a strange town to her; not at all what she was used to. It didn't seemed to be lively, there wasn't many people at all walking down the streets. She couldn't see many but a dwarf. Right quiet, she thought, for such a big town. For a reason, everywhere seemed to stay inside; or maybe there was no one--maybe everyone had moved away. She didn't know, but she didn't care either.
    This was a kindof spooky town, so she hoped to get out of here as soon as possible. Yet, she and Zain had buissness here, whatever it was, he never told her, and he hadn't this time, either. But it wasn't really her part to do the thinking, so she didn't quite care about that. She never was good at telling others what to do. She had some things she wanted to see in the town before she actually left. Before Zain was done with whatever he was doing. Looking at the dwarf, the only one walking in the street, she began to walk down the street, she too.
    As she walked down the street, she saw as the dwarf began to get into battles with the few people walking the street. Strange guy, she thought. Anyone else, she bet, would've agreed. As she approaches more towards the dwarf; she could see him clearly. He was rather small--as was all dwarfs, though, so it didn't really matter--and he had a helm that covered half his face. His eyes, too, if it weren't for the holes in the helm there. He seemed to wear a big axe as well. And armor, at that. Like a real fighting type guy.
    As she walks even closer, she tries to go aside to pass him without getting into a fight; after all, he was coming her way as well. Yet, as she walked aside, they dwarf approached her as well. As he got close, she could smell something reaking from him--it was the smell of alcohole.
    "Outta the way, you ugly witch!" the drunk dwarf shouts at her.
    "Wh-what!? Wh-what did you just say!?"
    "I said 'out of the way, you ugly witch'!!!"
    "H-how dare you say that! You can't just say things like that to people!"
    "I can if I want! Now, outta the way, ugly witch!"
    The words hit her like a blow, she just couldn't help to slap him.
    *SLAP*
    As if to her bad luck, though--not that she had bad luck, but anyway--the dwarf was not too thrilled at it and raised his axe, running towards her shouting "ARGH! DAMN YOU!!!! FEEL MY AXE!!!"

"...MY AXE!!!"
    "Huh? Axe? That you put under your arm pits? ....Who said that? Thallus? But wasn't he eaten by a dragon or something?"
    ...Minutes pass...
    "Nah, just my imagination," he quikly decides and continues to walk into the city.

"Whoa!" she exclaims and throws herself aside just in time as the axe cuts the air where she just stood. "Wh-what are you doing!?"
    "I'm going to cut you with my axe!!!" the dwarf exclaims.
    "Wait! Wa--"

"Huh? What's going on over there?" Zain prompts. "Seems like a fight... but isn't that Fuurita?"
    He sees some guards who's hanging around a tavern. "Guards! There's a battle there!" he shouts at them and points towards the fight.

She jumps away from yet another axe swing. As from out of nowhere, two guards come up and grabs the dwarf from behind. She had been too busy avoiding his axe to see the guards coming. "Enough, dwarf!" one of the exclaims.
    "LET ME GO!!!!" the dwarf exclaims as he throws away a guard.
    As the guard is thrown away, the other guard calls for help and tries to desperatly hold the dwarf. More guards appears rushing into the fight to get the troublemaker. The dwarf continues to growl ugly words as he tries to fend off the guards. Finally, the guards get a firm grip on him.
    "LET ME GO!!!!!"
    "Quiet, dwarf!" a guard shouts.
    One of the guards walks to Fuurita and asks: "Are you ok, young Lady?"
    She stands up from the ground. "I-I'm fine..."
    "What did this troublemaker want?"
    "I don't know...he just called me 'ugly witch'."
    "I see--" the guard begins, but then another cuts in: "Well, are you!?"
    "Why, you...!"
    *SLAP*
    "Forgive my stupid colleague...he has no manners. What he meant to ask was if you can use magic?"
    "Well, umm...is it illegal to use magic here or something?"
    "Oh, no, no, of course not."
    "Well, actually, yes, I can use a little magic...if it's of any importance."
    "Well, no really. We'll be off with the troublemaker now, young Lady. Just call on us if he ever troubles you again."
    "I will. Thank you."
    The guard walks off with the rest of them carrying the dwarf who outrageously shouts words in all directions.
    Zain comes walking up besides her. "Are you alright, Fuurita?"
    "...I guess so."
    "Good. We're leaving. So that that stupid dwarf won't bother us again."
    "Right."
    About time...

Rebos looked around. He saw just ordinary people.
    Just then suddenly, he spots two figures flying across in the sky – at least that's what it looked like, Rebos figured – flying away from him in the sky.
    Must've been an airplane, he though. "Huh? But airplanes have not been invented yet!"
    "Aaaahh… I see, it must've been one bird, or two!"
    "Yah! I'll follow 'em! Maybe they can bring me luck!"

"There's someone following us," Fuurita says. "Hm? Who may that be?" Zain wonders.
    "I don't know...but he seems special, somehow. I can sense some power from him...although I don't know what it is."
    "Hmm, maybe he can help us..." Zain says and steers down the ship to the ground.
    After a few minutes, the red mage finally catches up. "Huh? You're not birds," he mutters.
    "What? Did you think we were birds?" she says confused.
    "Umm…no, actually not. I thought you were an airplane. Or airplanes."
    "Huh? What's an airplane?"
    "Isn't that some old technocratic thing...?" Zain shuts in.
    "Uh… a thing that flies in the sky, I think… or was that the car? Old? Yes, it's old! ...Or maybe it was new?"
    The mage stands still and is quiet for a moment. Then he turns to Fuurita and speaks again. "Um, yeah… I wanted to ask you, um, miss pretty."
    Miss pretty? "What?"
    "Err… have you seen my friends?"
    "Umm… can you please tell me how your friends look like?"
    "Huh? look a like? Ah! A Look-A-Like contest! Where?"
    "No! Look like!"
    "Oh! Look like! Well, um… lessee… err, one is a mage in a red cloak...oh! Wait, that's me. One looks like an dwarf with a axe. The other one looks like uh...a...uh...a thief! Yes, that's it – a thief!"
    "Umm, why do you hang out with a thief?"
    "Because he's my friend!" he replied as if it was nothing strange at all.
    "Umm...still? Thieves are bad! They are not good people to hang around with! ...Unless you're a thief, too?"
    "Huh? Chief? No, I'm not a chief!"
    "No, thief! Not chief! You know...people who steal."
    "People who kneel? Kneel before the kings to be knights? Or was it nights?"
    "Umm...I said T-H-I-E-F. That's people who S-T-E-A-L. Got it?"
    "Oh! No, I'm not a thief! I'm a mage!"
    "A mage who hangs out with a thief...? Why?"
    "Because he's my friend!"
    "Ri-----ght. Anyway, we haven't seen anyone who match your description."
    "Then maybe you can help me find them!"
    "Umm--" Fuurita begins.
    "Fuurita, we should help this poor guy, shouldn't we?" Zain push in.
    "But, Zain, he hangs out with a thief!"
    "True, but anyway. He needs help to find his friends, doesn't he?"
    After a while, she turns to the red-cloaked mage and asks: "Wait a minute...umm, did you say you were travelling with a dwarf?"
    "Yeah!"
    "How...how did this dwarf look like?"
    "Umm, he's got a darkbrown beard...and he's short, he has a helmet that covers his eyes a little ,and um...yeah, he wears an armor!"
    Her face turns pale white and she turns to Zain. "That-that's the one tried to kill me! I barely made it out alive!" she whispers to Zain.
    "...Nice friends you have," Zain push in.
    The red-cloaked mage seem confused.
    She turns to Zain and says: "Please, Zain, that dwarf...he...umm, well, you know! He'll try again if we find him!"
    "...I suppose so. But we can help him find his 'other' friend."

Meanwhile...

"...At least gimme a beer!" Thallus exclaims.
    "Why do you want a beer? Like if it's gonna make the situation any better..."
    "I want a bear, dammit!!!"
    "Alright, alright, you shouting freak, I'll get you a stupid beer!"
    The guard walks off. "Hmpf... what morons... I've been in better prisons before!"
    Thallus takes out another axe and starts to whack the iron bars with it.
    "What are you doing!?" Thallus hears someone exclaim. Apparently, it's the guard, he realize as he looks up.
    "I'm trying to get out of here! What does it look like!?"
    "Stop that at once, dwarf!"
    "You don't order me around, Mr. someone-who-thinks-he-is-something!"
    "Alert! The prisoner is trying to escape!"
    Suddenly, the guard jerkes and his eyes goes to the axe. "Didn't we take all your weapons?"
    Another guard appears, also confused at his axe.
    "Where'd you get that axe from?" the newcomer asks.
    "Bah! As if I'm gonna tell you!"
    Just then, someone appears from behind and clubs down the guards. "Ungh..." "Aaah!"
    As the person steps out of the shadows, it appears to be a girl!
    "Huh? A girl to rescue me!? Is Warech really that desperate that he sends a girl to rescue me!?"
    "I'm not here to rescue you, dwarf! I'm here to beat you up!"
    "Oh yeah?! Then show me what you got, little girl! Just lemme whack down these stupid iron bars!"
    "*Tsk* *tsk* *tsk*, you'll never break those iron bars with that sly axe. Let me do it!"
    She bends down and picks up the keys from the fainted guard. Then she puts them in the key-hold and turns it.
    *Click*. Then she pushes up the door.
    "Bah! You needn't have done that! I could whack them down, if you'd just've waited a little!"

3. Rebos

Rebos New Member

"...Alright, then, Zain, I suppose we could look for his 'other' friend. But that dwarf...no, I won't even go near him! He's lethal!"
    "So it's settled then," Zain says and turns to the red-cloaked mage. "So, what's your name?"
    "Huh? Name? Ahh, name! It's...Rebos!"
    "OK! Let's go, miss Pretty!"
    "Ummm...Rebos, I'm called Fuurita. Not 'miss Pretty'."
    "Awright, miss Pretty! Whatever you say, miss Pretty!"
    "Rebos...you didn't get it, did you? You should call me 'Fuurita', my name! Not 'miss Pretty'. Ok?"
    "Umm, ok."
    "Well then, let's go," Zain says.

(this is still on chapter one..)