Video Games World Of Warcraft - Wrath Of The Lich King

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Luffy, Aug 4, 2007.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

And groups will still need casters, tanks, healers. 100% deathknight groups will not work. It's also highly likely the deathknight was geared with expansion goodies which would push it to be more powerful than anything current 70s would have.

There will be a huge rush for it at the beginning because it's new and shiny (and will be the only implemented hero class at the time), but I think the numbers will trickle off some as time goes on.

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

If they release this within the next year I'm going to be pissed. It would mean all the progression we've been doing up to this point is moot. How many guilds have broken through BT and even SEEN Illidan? Hell they still haven't even opened up the instance in Ghostlands yet, and already they want an expac? If this releases soon (i.e. next 6 months) then running instances is pointless as we'll just get better gear in Northrend as we grind. The only point to playing would be to get your epic flyer and PvPing if that's your thing. I'm more than a little upset about all this, and the possibilities of its release date.

~W

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Deja vu all over again. How many WoW 1.0 guilds made it to Kel'Thuzad's chamber of Naxxramas before BC hit the shelves?

The only thing raiding progressions nets you is a gear jump start to leveling once the next expansion pack hits. If you're not hitting Hyjal or Black Temple now, expect to never see Illidan unless your guild is bored one afternoon and decides to hit it with a full crew of level 80s for the fun of it.

Blizz is picking up on the negative community vibe that only the top 5%ers are getting to experience the big lore events restricted to raids, though. They're planning on making Arthas far more prominent and present to the players at large instead of closing him up in Icecrown for only the hardcore raiders to see. Whether or not that effect strengthens or cheapens the experience will have to be seen.

Welcome to eight months ago. I still have tier 2.5 and 3 pieces molding in my bank from when I found better random greens in Outland during leveling. I dropped out of the hardcore raiding scene in recent months because focusing efforts and breaking your back to progress just aren't worth squat in the long haul. I've since rejoined my former, raid casual guild and found things much more enjoyable. Sure, we're not cutting edge as my last guild was, but the atmosphere is far better when you reduce the pressure of constantly grinding endgame.

4. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

I'm not going to really PvP for epics since its to much time and just get replaced from random quest items. lol my is still trying to get 10 active players keyed for Karazhan some thing tells me were screwd haha

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Yeah, that's the point. Who the hell wants to do it all over again just like 8 months ago? It's still too early yet. At least we had a year between AQ and BC, we don't even have that now. Unless you've been raiding since before Naxx you'll most likely never see any of the end game stuff.

However, on a positive note, someone mentioned the possibility that they're going to move Naxx up to Northrend and tune it for a 25 man level 80 raid. That would be cool.

~W

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Actually, there's a reason the arena rewards are nicknamed "welfare epics".

Find a buddy for a partner and drop a one-time fee of 80g between the two of you. Play 10 arena matches of 2v2 every week (1 hour time investment max) and bank points whether you win or lose. The epics won't come fast, but they'll come for next to no time investment. ^^

7. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

they said it was coming in the expansion.

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Zul'Aman (the 10-man instance in Ghostlands) is slotted for patch 2.3 and we'll have a good number of months to get bored of it before WotLK releases.

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ahh ok, then i must have info-overload going on from there still. moo >.>

i'm just gonna go over here and sleep away the horror of jay mohr...(he thought someone yelling "boomkin" was booing him...)

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

yeah, they need to finish the other half of northrend, and fix the first half. as much fun as invisible walls are. the river nyph/dryads were pretty as hell though. (though, slightly topless heh)

11. Luffy

Isnt in this new patch in-game voice? That will be good get rid of the annoying sound vent makes everytime you want to talk lol.

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

you know, you CAN turn that off in the settings =p

13. Luffy

You can but would require movement on my part..... :p lol that will make it wasier though my friends comp crashes when he loads up vent anyway lol!!!!

14. Luffy

You got me hahahaha I made him try and he got logged off and he didnt log back on for like 15 minutes hehe

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

wow and vent don't get along sometimes. a guy in my guild has the same prob. though, that was his old comp, so this one shouldn't crash his system when he tried anymore. (it was ONLY for vent it did that to)

16. Luffy

omfg same here that is so annoying!!! If they have mic'd up Barrens chat X_X

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Whr iz mankirks wif guyz? I cn't find her ne wher!