Movies Worst Chick Flick?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Star Princess, May 31, 2004.

1. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I will be blunt, I am NOT a huge fan of chick flicks. So I'm curious, which chick flick movie was the absolute worst to you?

2. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Well without even watching it, I think Gigli was terrible (J-Lo and Ben Affleck). Just from the previews you can see that the plot is too simple. Seems more like a movie for fans of that celeb-pairing. :dizzy2:

As for chick-flicks I've seen, hmmm, I almost never watch em. (Can't even recall if I've seen one in the past years.) Oh, when I was in high school or so, I saw Message In A Bottle on tv. I thought it would be pretty fun, and it was in the beginning parts where a female reporter uses all these tiny clues to figure out where a message (in a bottle) came from, but once she finds the source, there's another one or two hours of long, boring movie. Made me keep thinking "come on! that's all? nothing exciting?"

3. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

*sniff* I like Chick-Flicks. Some are just stupid. But in general, I'd prefer a movie that would make me cry over a movie where you just see a bunch of fire and guns (not that that isn't fun everyonce in a while. ^_^)

4. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

The absolutely worst are Gigli & Crossroads. It really doesnt work when people who cannot sing in the first people go try to act. bad combo.

1 person likes this.
  5. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

A Walk to Remember....I hope someone got shot over that one -_- :anime:

Some chick flicks are ok when they're not all "charmingly misunderstood outcast catches the attention of the popular seemingly mean jock with a heart of gold" etc.

1 person likes this.
  6. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

WHOEVER CAME UP WITH SERENDIPITY SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT

:anger2:

7. Miko

Miko New Member

You said it. Serendipity was the stupidest thing I ever had the misfortune of watching.

8. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Crossroads and that Spice Girls movie.
    Annoying pop stars were never meant to star in movies.

9. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Crossroads. x_x; I sat through ten minutes in the hopes that it would get better, but it didn't.

Serendipity wasn't so bad, methinks, but, well, it's just not my type of movie. >.>;

And hey -- I liked the Spice Girls movie. XD (Solely as a not-spectacular comedy; I will not raise it to four-star status because... no. But it was funny. XD)

1 person likes this.
  10. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I hated A WTM. i infact slept through it all infact. I mean the beginning idea of serendipity was pretty ok, but when it got produced into a movie it went to ****. Sometimes everything gets worse. But I cant believe how horrible the Lizzy McGuire Movie was pretty uh bad. and that teenage drama queen with lindsay lohan, i cant stand her at all.

11. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Any of em' are bad.

12. username

username New Member

!!!!!

Absolutely no contest GIGLI is the worst chick flick ever made. the director should die for making that movie. IT SUCKED!!!!!!!

13. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

A Walk to Remember. That movie is the most cliched piece of drivel I have seen in a long time. Plus, my mom and sister insist on watching it every time HBO shows it. Thank god it's not in heavy rotation anymore.

14. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Oh geez, I think that disgrace of a movie might have to take my vote too. I was dragged along to see it by some rather (in my opinion) overzealous fans, and that was probably the most useless and wasted two hours I've ever spent in a movie theater.

I haven't seen A Walk to Remember yet, but it actually sounded rather appealing rather then sleep-worthy. I already knew it would (probably) be horribly cliched, but was it really THAT boring?

15. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

Yes, it is. At least, I found it to be so. Everything that happens in AWtR has been done in dozens of other films, and done better in some. While it is okay sometimes if a movie has some elements that are cliched, but it's a bad sign when the entire movie is like that. Remember though, I have been forced to watch this movie more times than I care to remember, so I might be being a little harsh. Then again, I didn't care for it that much to begin with anyway. *Shrug* If you still want to see it, go ahead.

16. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

i vote that chick flick movies should be burned. BURN THEM ALL!!! hmm, i've never seen this movie, but the commmercials made me not go near it and it's those Legally Blond movies. i heard it was good from some of my friends but, UCK, so PINK!

1 person likes this.
  17. Miko

Miko New Member

Oh God, that was on last night and my stepmom made me watch it. I hated it!

18. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

It's a tie - between all of them.

Some movies that people might consider chick flicks are OK, but then i don't consider them to be chick flicks :) "Chick flick" to me is purely a derogative so if a movie doesn't suck, it must not be a chick flick ;)

19. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

After recently being dragged to yet ANOTHER one of these downright disgraceful films, I have yet another movie to add to the already lengthy list.

A Cinderella Story

The friends who dragged me against my will ended hating the movie every bit as much as I did, though less so beause they got to drool over Chad Michael Murray in a football uniform (which is the only reason they even decided to go in the first place). I, however, have no desire to drool over anybody in a football uniform, and the only positive attribute I discovered in this movie was Oscar Orosco, the fighting frog mascot that jumped around like a total idiot toward the end of the film. He was flippin awesome.

20. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I don't like chick flicks. To much romance and etc. I rather watch a scary movie or action. Give me death anyday. But I do like cartoon movies. The worst can't really say. Something will always top that one.