worst soundind voice over in Love Hina

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by P3 87, Sep 13, 2003.

1. P3 87

P3 87 New Member

what was the worst voice in Love Hina?

2. jindo

jindo New Member

Eng dubs were absolutely horrible, but worst has to be Kitsune's voice. Southern accent in anime series??!! :rolleyes:

3. P3 87

P3 87 New Member

i read somewhere that she has that accent because she comes from Osaka. I guess they speak like that there.

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

The English Dubs suck big time. They will never make an impression on me...:)

And yes, Kistune has a southern voice accent, the Osaka accent :)

- T

5. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

I dont mind the songs.........
    well I guess I dislike them anyway, Me like Subbed a lot betta

6. Masurame

Masurame New Member

I don't watch the anime much but I do think the English subs suck like hell.

7. jindo

jindo New Member

Because....??? :confused:

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Kitsune was supposed to have a "country" accent, this was the easiest ways for Western audiences to understand that.

9. Masurame

Masurame New Member

Here is the answer to jindo's question, I thought Keitaro's English voice sounded somewhat kiddish, Naru's voice sounded weird(can't explain it though) and I agree with Nephilim_X about Kistune's southern accent thing.

10. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

The reason that she has a sourthern accent is because the Osaka accent is one that is rugged so ofter in Dubs it is either sourthern or Brooklyn

11. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

The only voiceover I give credit to is Su- (Wendee Lee) She's pretty talented.

I hate Naru's voice because it sounds fake. Bad acting.
    Keitaro's voice makes him seem like he has some kind of nasal problem. I think they overdid it with the nerdy voice.
    Kitsune, of course, is really obnoxious. I don't care if she's from Osaka, I'd rather hear her speak regular than that horrid southern accent!

12. Lizzy-kun

Lizzy-kun New Member

I totally agree

Kitsune and Sue have perhaps the worst voice overs ever!!! But I have to admit they did sound pretty funny, so I enjoyed it, although it became impossible to take them seriously.

13. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Su had a really bad sounding voice, which made it really bad cuz shes really like my favorite character. Keitare sounded so nerdy it was kind of funny. but i liked the voices i had in my head from reading the manga.

14. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I liked the voices I had in my head from watching the subs.

The dub was horrifying. It made me cringe to hear them. What's the point of watching if it makes me squirm?

15. Novus

Novus Gone

I was watching the Christmas movie with a friend of mine this past weekend. He's a hardcore dub fan. Since he was the guest, I put the thing on dubbed. Halfway through the opening scene, he insisted that I restart the film with the Japanese cast instead. That was the only dubbed Love Hina I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.
    Based on that scene, however (which only includes Keitaro, Naru and Mutsumi, for those of you who haven't seen it), I am inclined to say that Keitaro has a terrible voice and disinclined to see any redeeming qualities in the dub at all. Terrible, just terrible.

16. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Well, i hate the english dub.

I like the manga better because the voice is always in your imagination so they can sound good.

But worst was Kitsunes, i cant believe they gave her a Texan sounding accent in a japanese anime!

17. Tenchi Urashima

Tenchi Urashima New Member

what should i put here

i hate subs, i no thats the way anime should be watch but the only tv rule of mine that surpases anime is no reading during tv shows, sometimes i watch subs but i usually usseddubs, the first time i heard a anime love hina voice ( i red da manga b4 i new of the naime) i heard keitaros voice, blehh horrible but i got ussed to it but i never got used to kitsunes voice, it baffles me is she like a texan in the anime because i didnt see the first episode