Would anyone like to be my friend?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by KaYasha, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

2. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

!! Hello, and thanks !!
    >
    __

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ok, it is not called for to reply "thanks" to every post here after it happened. it's a form of spam as it's just annoying. not every post deserves a 5 word reply...

1 person likes this.
  4. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

I prefer not to argue with Mods (not only because they have power to kick me outta forums, but also because they usually know the rules better), however, I think that you are being a little bit unfair to KaYasha-san, Bloodberry-sama. I don't think that KaYasha-san has spamming in mind; I think that KaYasha-san is just trying to be polite by saying his "hello" and "thanks" to all people who greet him. And although it may seem to be annoying to you, Bloodberry-sama, I think that people to whose posts KaYasha-san is replying actually appreciate his replies, even if ocassionally they are a little bit short. Well, that's just my humble opinion.

*BRO turns to KaYasha-san and waves to him*

Hello, KaYasha-san! I can be your friend, but I rarely get outta Saber Marionette J section, so it is likely that you won't be seeing much of me elsewhere!

5. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

If he's grateful, he can post "Thanks everybody" once? What Bloodberry means is it's not necessary to post back each and everytime someone posts. That is spam.

6. Black Robed One

Well, it looks like when KaYasha-san is online and sees only a single new post in this thread, he replies it, giving his "hello" and "thanks" to the poster. When he sees two new posts (as in case with Spiggy-san and Beauty-san's posts), he replies them both with one post. I think that KaYasha-san just replies people who posted in this thread as soon as he is able to, and personally, I see nothing wrong with this, and don't think that this qualifies as spamming. But that's just my humble opinion.

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

actually. I found it very annoying as well. At first I went, "oh okay.." because I had this ridiculous assumption that posts in newbies didn't count in the total posts for a member. If I was the Moderator here, I would feel like deleting almost every single one of Kayasha's posts in this thread leaving a few overall good ones. There are many people here at b.jp who have put in a lot of effort to post meaningful/thoughtful posts while there are many who have elevated their post count to a ridiculously fast amount within a matter of weeks with only a few or one word in their posts.

I'm backing up BB as well! She's the Moderator that spends her free time watching and moderating this forum, plus she's also a SuperModerator who gained this by being a good member.

8. Black Robed One

Alright, it's a bad idea to keep arguing when the Mods are beginning to team-up against you, and so I won't! [​IMG] [​IMG]

P.S.

However, I just cannot help wondering, why some Mods here seem to be so paranoid about other people's post count? [​IMG]

9. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

"Stopping to argue" in your vocabulary means adding a tasteless comment in a PS? Interesting.

I don't see where you got the idea of the Moderators here being paranoid about other people's post counts, seeing as you said you spend most of your time in the SMJ Forum. However, I'm interested to see if you have any proof to back yourself up. If not, Let's not drive away this thread from its original purpose even more.

10. Black Robed One

LOL, sorry about this! [​IMG]

I have no proof, that's why I said, "...seem to be so paranoid...", not "...are so paranoid...". I just got the feeling that you, Bloodberry-sama and Seraphim-sama are very displeased about how many posts KaYasha-san makes, even though it looks like he is just trying to be polite. And also, Seraphim-sama wrote...

Alright, this thread indeed goes off topic, and I am very sad to be the primary cause of it. [​IMG] So, I better take leave now.

*BRO goes back to Saber Marionette section, but half-way there remembers that there is nowthing new for him to read and reply in there, and decides to go to have a nice long rest after all this arguing*

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Neither Bloodberry, Arc, or Seraphim care or are paranoid about any sort of post count. If anything, they're more concerned about the space that the posts that KaYasha take up without having to.

That, would be classified as spam, in any case.

And, yes, KaYasha, we're all friends here.

12. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Ok everyone I will stop posting in this thread I was just trying to be nice to people.I really didnt think it would count as spam.This is a thanks to everyone who has posted and who will post in this thread.

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

*coughs loudly, drowning out everyone else*

WELCOME, Kayasha-san!

that better get this thread back on track...

14. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

everybody be nice to Kayasha-chan, hes new, and we most certainly do not want to scare him away, and i am a die heart inuyasha fan too :D so feel free to PM me Kayasha

15. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

i would be ur friend only if u pay me.. muahahhah just kiding!!!!, here.. friends are almost everywhere!!! so go ahead andput me in the friends list heehhehe
    welcome
    misao

16. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Welcome to the boards.jp. Another fan of Inuyasha cool. Friends? Why not.

17. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

you like inuyasha i assume. sure i will be your friend.

Oh Right welcome to Boards.jp.

you can put me in your buddy list. OK?

if you want i can introduce you to another friend of mine?

e-mail me anytime, ok?

18. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Closed.

(Insert random 10 words here)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.