Books Would'ntn it be cool if these books would be made into movies?

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Rek, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Rek

Rek New Member

I was just thinking....it would be hella cool if the following books would be made into movies...

The Outsiders
    Halo: The Fall of Reach
    The Black Cauldron
    The High King
    Neuromancer
    The Forgotten Realms Dritzz series

These books all have great storylines.....they would make awesome movies...

2. minjigga

minjigga New Member

hmmph. sure that would be cool. the outsiders? the one about "greasers"? im pretty sure that was made into a movie. i remeber watching it in skool when we read the book.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Isn't the black cauldron already a movie?
    I have not read the rest but what about the rest of the books about the wizard of oz?

4. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

*twitch twitch* Yes, the Black Cauldron was already made into a movie. And it's a good movie, provided you can completely ignore the storyline of the book. Disney has a way of making everything sweet and happy, although the Black Cauldron was rated PG.

As for the others....I'm really not sure. You've listed several epic stories, and one of the big problems with epic stories is the amount of time it takes to tell them accurately. To turn them into movies things would have to be taken out to shorten the story. Sometimes this can be done well (take the Lord of the Rings movies, for example) but other times it isn't done so well. Most of the time much is left to be desired with movies based on novels, especially epics.

~Shadrach Anki

5. Odin

Odin Member

This is a bit on topic . . . if I'm out of line, just say so oh powerful mods . . .

Ender's Game would make a great movie. It would probably have to be animated (unless you know a lot of really talented six-year-old actors) but even animated it would be a joy to see.
    -Odin

6. Ginger

Ginger New Member

Hm, yeah, the outsiders was already a movie, so was black cauldron. Enders game would make a really cool movie. So would this one series calleed life of a teenage faerie. Um.............. about the princess diaries movie, the movie was good but disney destroyed the storyline. you must must must read the books!! her mom not only goes out with her teacher but ends up getting pregnant by him1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay, im done now.

~Ginger

7. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

To Odin, and anybody else who might be interested....

There will be an Ender's Game movie. I linked to this site from Hatrack River which is the official Orson Scott Card website.

For those who may not want to read the entire article, here are some of the highlights:

The studio developing the film is Warner Brothers.
    The director is Wolfgang Petersen.
    The movie will combine elements from Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.
    Casting and hiring will not be done until after the script is finalized, and the film's release will not be scheduled until everything has been agreed on and the director has finished his next film.

Conclusion: We've got a few years to wait yet. The article is from November 2002. Still, there will be a movie. We can only hope they'll do a good job on it. Sure, it won't be the same as the books, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be bad.

~Shadrach Anki

8. shohen

shohen New Member

Your right it has been made into a movie i think that the guy who was in mission impossible played the main charector in this one
    and the black cauldron was I think made into a disney movie

9. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

The Outsiders and Black Cauldron are movies..

the Dritzz one i dont think will ever be made into a movie.. they have already tried the Dungeons and Dragons movie and it was not realy all that good.

KaMe

10. UnseelieSidhe

UnseelieSidhe New Member

Drizzt, people, it's Drizzt. And there's two trilogies with him. The Dark Elf Trilogy (basically his backstory), and the Icewind Dale Trilogy. *thinks about a -good- Drizzt movie..and falls to the floor*
    Ahem. *picks herself up and dusts off*

Anyway, The D&D movie was such a dissapointment...I was so irritated. But it did have good eye candy. and the acting was so bad it was hilarious.

Oooh...Ender's Game movie...*droool*

o_0 A movie about Drizzt, though...has much potental, doncha think? But that would be a lot of stage makeup.
    Okay, I should not attempt thought when I'm on a sugar high. Bad idea. I'm actually more coherant than this, I swear.

11. Alla Bloom

Alla Bloom New Member

Yeah the outsiders is a movie we watched it in school...:)

12. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

The Outsiders was a movie, yeah (wow, beating a dead horse is fun). A lot of recognizable people were in it, namely that I can remember being (I think, it's been a while) Kevin Bacon and Patrick Swayze. Think Cruise might've been in it, not sure. Also think one character was played by the kid that played Daniel in the Karate Kid movies. That's all I can remember at this point. Much better book, but anyways, I'd like to see a Wheel of Time or Old Kingdom (Unofficial title, Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen books by Garth Nix) movie. And seeing Chuck Palahniuk's other books being made into movies would be nice (I heard Survivor was supposed to be done, but after September 11th, no one would touch it with a ten foot pole).