Writer or Screen play writer?

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Basher, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I was thinking I love to write. But I want to see movies of what I write. So would that be a screen play writer or writer.

But I also want to write books. My understanding if they are good enough then they get made into movies.

I need to write. I have a TON of started to write work. But if it isn't done then there isn't anything started there.

I hate seeing movies and going oh mine was similar to that. Happened only a few times. Like 3 or 4 tops. Happens when thought of so much.

Here it is.

Stories Writing Introduction:

1. Code- All over the world cable stations are being taken over displaying a message written in code. No one can explain where it came from. The world is in a rush to decipher the code. One person can read the message like his first language. While the world is in a rush to break the code he leaves his life behind. He knows what the message reads. He knows it’s about him.

(Have some of the code figured out)
    2. Code Adam- Boy goes missing mothers battle to find him.

(Have the beginning and end. Wrote the end)

3. Curse- A curse that has started and grows with time some people have to stop it.

(Maybe drop it)

4. Death High- “Where the real terror in life begins.”

(Maybe drop it)

5. Decision- 3 choices. Three slots to choose from each option had their own pillar of stone. Each slot held their own fate to the world, one for total destruction, one to proceed as normal even after the Great War, and the last to start over.

6. Déjà Vu- Ever since I was a little girl I have had horrible nightmares. At first I wouldn’t remember any of them. Once I could remember them they would come back to me in a sense of déjà vu.

As I got older I would try and sleep less. I have taken many forms of medication such as prescription or illegal drugs. But nothing has truly helped.

Doctors and Psychologists are completely useless. They diagnosed me as paranoid schizophrenic with an acute somniphobia, it means fear of sleep. I am neither one of those which they then say I am in denial.

It got to a point where I realized that I am alone. So, I pretended to get better. It worked. I was released and put back into society as a respectable citizen. I work all the time but now even when I am awake I have nightmares. My nightmares are of death. I know when a person is going to die. As of late they have been coming clearer. My name is Aslinn Breck.

(Wrote a few pages into this)

7. Destruction- ?

(Dropped)

8. Evasion- Nothing in life is predictable with Killer behind deaths nothing ever will be. Killer obtained the power to kill. The power called Fear. Fear kills anyone (or anything) by their worst fear.

Only way to escape Fear is to not be afraid. But can anyone truly not fear anything?

For FBI special agent Haven Walsh assigned to the mysterious deaths in the state of North Dakota the power of Fear becomes real. With a possible profile Agent Walsh has to track down Killer not knowing anything about him or her.

Finding Killer means facing your worst fears. If you have any…

YOU DIE.

Can Agent Walsh face his fears? Or will Killer take his life?

Following both Killer and Agent Walsh surprises are in store especially when Killer doesn’t share his or her own identity not even to the readers…

(Was doing a manga type thing. But to much drawing)

9. How to Create a Monster- A mother takes the stand to defend her son, the notorious serial killer in history. However, she isn’t as innocent as she appears. She spins a web of unimaginable pain and torture that she claims to have put her son through with the sole purpose of producing a treacherous fiend.

This story is about a woman whose son becomes one of the notorious serial killer in history. He finally gets caught and goes on trial. He shows no remorse. She is in court supposed to “defend” her son instead she tells a story of “How to Create a Monster.” Her son is looking at the death penalty. She wants him to be in a psych ward so he does not die. She will not abandon her son.

(2 or 3 chapters)

10. Hunted- Kill or be killed. When someone’s life you know is on the line how far would you go?

(Nada)
    11. Lights- Z-Bros invade earth.

(Nada)

12. Magic Realm- A Witch trains in the human world.

(Nada)

13. Mirror World- Edda Primrose goes into Mirror World she loses her eyesight and slowly her memory. She has to get it back from the unluckies and figure out who the them are.

(Nada)

14. Not Famous- About how a woman becomes famous do to her dream job. The man she is with is a criminal and society won’t let them be together. She decides to follow her dream for she can always love again.

(Nada)

15. Prophecy- A hidden text is found and inside has a prophecy about a person who will do the unspeakable.

(Nada)

16. Reincarnation- Story is about a love of a princess with a man of low status. She is supposed to be sacrificed to please a god but she spent time with the man and became “filthy.” She is sacrificed but due to her impureness her soul is sent to the underworld. He sacrifices his life to save her soul by killing himself. Instead the god sends their souls to be reincarnated over and over again with the deal that they can’t be together but still have to meet and remember their love before they die or both souls will be sent to the underworld.

(3 pages)

17. Rewind- Fate rewinds. Man against man.

(Nada)

18. Second Chance- At birth the government puts a microchip inside your head. It is attached to your brain at the Second Chance. The chip is there to measure the Second Chance. The Second Chance gives the user the ability to activate a second chance.

It can only be used once. Everyone one has it. They have no control over it. No one has used it until recently…

(Nada)

19. Soul Eaters- Onyx Blake was given a gift that she didn’t want. She can see all the evil in the world. For her the veil that concealed the demon world from the human world had been lifted. Instead of her gift being a burden upon her, she has decided to take on the evil she determined to be cruelest of all.

Onyx calls them, Soul Absorbers. Soul Absorbers live inside every creature and feed upon their host souls. Any act of sin the Soul Absorbers will slowly steal their hosts' soul to hell.

The people that have fallen victim to these creatures are what Onyx refers to as Shells. They can still live and act as normal people do to the unaware human world. She cannot save the creatures or their souls once their soul has reached hell. She cannot fight the Soul Absorbers. All she can do is guide the host. It is a losing battle for her because she is up against the biggest plague of the world, human kind.

(4 pages)

20. Spirit Masters Book 1- Luos Academy. Another world depends on 9 individuals each novel follows one person’s destiny.

(9 different stories here. So far character info worked out. Started 3 peoples. 3, 3, and 6 pages)

21. Superior Species- In Los Roshano there is a supernatural battle going on of epic proportions. The war is to determine who the superior species is. It is a war between Werewolves, Vampires, Gargoyles, and Hunters.

Hunters are the last chance for the survival of the human race. They are losing.

(Were 40 pages, and Vamp 11)

22. Taken- Government uses this massive computer to steal people when they say the right words.

(Nada)

23. The First Mermaid Manami - the Sea of love. Lady loves kills herself. The ocean loved her saved her turned her to a mermaid. She was happy until she got lonely made a promise to the ocean to find love/someone willing to be with her.

(Nada)

24. The Great War of Mirth: The Rainbow Princess Saga- The countries of Panland and Mangia on the planet of Mirth depend on each other to survive. Their human rulers and their people cannot get along.

Their fate rests in the hands of a risky plan from Lord Vantigo of Panland. He could save all the people of Mirth or destroy them.

(2 pages) Have some in a notebook somewhere. Like 5 or so.

25. The Plague Upon This Earth- It is about how humanity has plagued the earth. Think in terms of plant or animal.

(Nada)

26. Together Forever- Saffron loves for Adon is eternal. They promise to meet 10 years after he moved away.

(11 pages and 1 page of ending)

27. Wanted- $1,000,000,000,000 for BLAH dead or alive. Preferable dead. The whole world is after her. She doesn’t know what she did. Or who to trust.

(Nada)

28. Yourself- We all have moments where we think wrong thoughts. We never act upon them but something inside of us grows. It could be called our own inner demon. After a while that demon wants to escape. When it is loose there is no way to tell whose demon is out or not. The last thing in life you should fear is yourself.

(Nada)

Then there is God's Admission- pretty much god gives up on helping humans (Nada). And No Bad News- as it says (Nada). And another one I started not sure of the name. It's horror one. Different horror then all that's out there. (10 pages)

Ideas are fine but when nothing comes of it they are just ideas. I get stuck then work on the next. Sometimes I think of others. So that's like 31 IDEAS. All ready to be written. Sad sad karrie.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

If you enjoy writing, I

If you enjoy writing, I wouldn't bother trying to categorize it as one thing or another - I would just write.

Publication (unless you count "self-publication") and Screenplay approval can be a massive undertaking with a discouraging track record. There's nothing wrong with those as goals if you're willing to truly fight for them, but keep in mind they are lofty goals and will take great effort to achieve.

That said, ideas are great, but you may want to hold them closer - otherwise, after posting them, don't be surprised when they show up in a movie you're watching down the line. ^_^

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I'll be perfectly honest

I'll be perfectly honest with you, as one writer to another. Most of these, at first glance, sounds cliched. However, there are a couple in here that feel as if they have some clever potential. How to Create a Monster, Mirror World and Reincarnation all have interesting premises, and could develop very nicely.

Oh! Don't forget, Americans LOVE one basic story structure. I couldn't tell you why, but it's something people fall headlong after time and again. You have a disenfranchised person, usually late teens, early twenties, who is unsatisfied with his life, his overbearing parental figures are causing him problems, so he runs away and has an adventure, and at some point he realizes his adventure turns sinister, gets serious, and either works with the parental figure or conquers them to find happiness/love/whatever at the end.

Hey, check it out, I just outlined 90% Disney movies. A lot of successful novels today also have this pattern. HtCaM deviates from this pattern (in a different and rather intriguing manner), but Mirror world and Reincarnation both seem to fit right nicely into the recognizable pattern. I'm not trying to be critical, I just think you might have more success with these. Focusing your energies will help you develop better work.

Cheers,

~W

4. Basher

Thanks for the input. I just

Thanks for the input. I just had to get it out there. I am crazy for "thinking" when I should be writing.

Unfortunately I hate cliche works. I thought you said How to Create a Monster was Disney like boy would that be wrong. ;) Ending is my usual shocking. Probably over the top on this one. Maybe.

So want to change the ending of Reincarnation now. You helped there. Which is good.

I am actually working on Together Forever. Into a novel. The short story I wrote.

Who is HtCaM? Sounds familiar.

5. Basher

Thanks. BMS. I really enjoy

Thanks. BMS. I really enjoy writing. And I have been playing with the fact of what I enjoy. Like writing or creating it.

Not to worried about stealing because most are not going anywhere. Plus all are copyrighted. I would waste a LOT of money if anyone stole it.

I am now ready for the hard road. Almost ten years later from when I first started to write.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Working my noggin, I find

Working my noggin, I find HtCaM is short-form for "How to Create a Monster". :)

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Oh yeah, I'm sorry. Matt's

Oh yeah, I'm sorry. Matt's on the money. I should hope it sounds familiar. It's your brainchild.

~W

8. Basher

Wow that's bad. Didn't even

Wow that's bad. Didn't even think that. Usually I am good at figuring that out. To much work frying the brain. Got stuck on HtCaM would have been killer though.