Creative Writing writing topics

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Bloodberry, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

what is/has been/will be your favorite thing to write about, and why? (yeah...trying to get stuff showing life....don't mind me...lol*^-^*)

2. Chi

Chi New Member

Just about anything I can think of.:D

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I prefer fantasy, sci fi, alternative realities, stuff like that. The more outrageous the better. For some reason, I just can't take serious writing seriously.

4. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Does anyone take serious writing seriously?
    Me, nope.

On the subject, I'll like to write horror involving zombies, and maybe some hardcore Gun fight action.

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Writing is very serious to me. Next to studying and D&D, it's all I do.

My favourite thing to write about is epic battles between massive armies representing good and evil. I love action, and the whole Armageddon idea is very intriguing.
    I also write a lot of stuff about emotion, corruption and deceit.

6. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

My favorite thing to write about is love. Be it motherly, fatherly, brotherly, romantic, i like all tastes.

But what I really enjoy writing about is the characters. How they feel on a certain situation... living inside their heads. I find writing very educative for getting into other people's shoes, exploring their points of view...

and when I make the characters interact with each other... wow. It's incredible, as if they lived by themselves.

Of course, that's about fiction. If you mean articles like a columnist, well that is, as we mexicans say it, flour of another bag.

7. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

I really like writing humor, adventure, and romance ^^

To make it simple, I'll write any topic that'll help me express myself and any messages. :p

8. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

^^ We Puerto Ricans say "another 20 bucks." ^^;

I love writing about almost anything, 'cept hentai and gore. I'm very conservative about relationships, so yeah, that kinda scratches out hentai.

My current original projects span nearly everything. Most of my fanfics now have supernatural tones in them. I absolutely love writing, and I'll write almost anything that I feel motivated to write about.

And the character interaction? Well, that's just the most precious thing of all. When people read and they tell you that it seems so beautiful, and when they start to pick their favorite characters (of originals)… that has to be so rewarding to the author! (I haven't had that experience… YET. ^^)

Which is why I'm glad we have the scripts contest up. ^^

9. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I sort of like a mix... I do like writing serious fics, except mixed in with a bit of romance, violence, etc. I find that throwing in a bit of humour when everything is so serious makes that humour a lot more potent as well ;)

10. Stardust Phox

*nod nod*
    Oh, by the way, love the siggy, That guy. ^^

11. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I usually try to make my storys as funny as possible since, I don't like sad storys, cause' they scare me for some reason. I think it's mostly since it makes me start thinking, what if that happens to me?

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm glad that you like the Siggy ;) evil people do annoy me though :p

Actually... I kind of find that my writing style depends on what mood I'm in. When I worked on my Kenshin fic I was in a really bad and sort of sadistic mood because of stuff with my bro, etc. and school, so there's a lot of violence and seriousness in there ^___^x When I'm in a good mood I prefer to write more humourous and fun fics, and when I'm in a bit of a romantic mood it's fun to write romance.... I'm usually a mix of those feelings though, so I like to mix moods together ;)

13. Stardust Phox

What That guy! said. (You basically summed it all up!)

But reading something else that's on the same emotion as you are helps out. (As in, "I wanna write angst." So you go read angsty things. Works...sometimes...:sweat2: ^^)

14. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Well, I agree with Drunk. I love to write sci-fi and fantasy. That's my dad's fault, he's a sci-fi nut. I also write anime sometimes, but mostly sci-fi and anime. I write seriously and humorously. Jokes just seem to come out in my typing. I like serious writing and humor.

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe w007! discussion...lol don't mind me..<beems with pride>

the tone of my writing depends on my mood...totally. i write alot of dark stuff normally...or just silly. i enjoy writing comedy/satire stuff. i'm a big cynic so i just can't think positive of most things as a whole. individually is ok. mostly, i write about things that relate to my self i guess...lol

16. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I like to write some twisted, sick stuff that make people cringe and wonder what my malfunction is. :p I also like doing a lot of fights and violence, mainly with swords (katana preferably(sp)). Also involving things like vampires, demons, Hell, angels (or Fallen), etc. Of course it's a running trend that my main character is either a smart-aleck, wise-cracker or a cold, lone-wolf, distant type person. :dizzy2: Though I like giving that dark, eery, creepy mood to my writings, of course, not always that successful.

17. Knives

Knives New Member

Used to write fantasies and martial arts but it later developed into techno-action and cyber punk!

Currently writing a mecha-action type one!