Movies X-men 3

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Basher, Jan 21, 2006.

?

Will go see X-men 3?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I also want more. :D

Do you all know who Secretary Bolivar Trask is? He is the creator of the Sentinels. After the scene where he got picked on. Makes you wonder if he will start creating them. Also the danger room seen with the Sentinels.

From what I gather there will be two spin offs. One with wolverine and one with Magneto.

2. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

I'm just pissed that Nightcrawler didn't return. Where's my little psycho german dude?!

3. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

I wasn't really in it for the plot, I just wanted to see the movie. I haven't read the comics either, so I can't really discuss the issues with you guys, but....I still think it was a good movie for people who haven't read the comics. True, I know the Phoenix saga could have been handled better, but, it wasn't that bad, right? I've seen all 3 XMEN movies, and they've all been pretty good.
    I just don't like the whole Wolverine/Jean thing, but it made the movie too I guess...I'd prefer Jean didn't kill Scott,
    and No, I didn't stay past the credits, so I don't know what happened there either....all and all, I liked all the special effects and action stuff.

Edit: My bad...

4. Cylor

Cylor New Member

My thoughts on the movie:

1: The plot/storyline blew ass.

2: The Beast kicked ass. Kelsey Grammar was the perfect choice. He almost made up for the terrible, tragic, horribly disappointing absence of Nightcrawler... almost.

4: Getting to see a lot more of Kitty and Colossus (even if it wasn't really that much of Colossus), and seeing Iceman 'transform', was KICKIN' RAD. I also loved the fact that they used Jamie Madrox, that totally surprised me.

5: The Juggernaut was kinda pathetically weak. I mean, come on, this guy has gone up against THE HULK. Oh, and he's not really a mutant, either, so that bald kid's power shouldn't have affected him.

6: The inclusion of Angel seemed like kind of an afterthought and really didn't add anything substantial to the movie.

7: Magneto's televised media statement was the single most painfully cheesy thing I've seen since... I don't know, but it's been a while.

8:
    I've never liked Mystique so it didn't bother me that they "de-mutated" her, but KILLING OFF THE THREE MAIN CHARACTERS OF X-MEN (no Wolverine isn't supposed to be a main character), and stripping Magneto and Rogue of their powers was ****ing lame. On the other hand... this is X-Men; nobody who dies ever stays dead, and nothing else is permanent either, so in the end I guess it doesn't really matter.
    Really, the fanboy character-spotting bits were about the best part of it for me. It was entertaining but nowhere near the level of the first two movies.

5. username

username New Member

If your not going to see this movie you have a problem!!!Not me......

6. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

Saw it. Hated it. Liked Juggernaut though.

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I saw it- Loved it.

Something I noticed almost right away was that it had a different feel than the previous movies. I learned later on that it was because they had a different director. Go figure. They had alot more fun with the characters this time around and really cut them loose. They didn't need so much char development simply because the previous two movies did all that for you. Apart from Kitty and Colossus there weren't very many 'new' characters that needed real development.

I've never read the comics so that might be why I enjoyed it so much. It was fun to watch them simply unleash Jean Grey and let her simply go ballistic. While I didn't see Xavier or Scott dying, I think they were clever plot twists that added ALOT to the overall storyline. This one had alot more drama and alot more action.

Now, everyone keeps whining about how Rogue and Magneto lost thier powers... Was I the ONLY guy to notice that Magneto was playing with his chess pieces USING his mutant abilities at the very end? It seems that what ever the cure was, it doesn't seem to be perminent.

Cool.

As for Xavier he's shed his Mutant body and transferred his conciousness over to a regular human. Does that mean that he'll still have his powers, or is he only human now? Hmmm...

For everyone who's whining because it didn't follow the comics- shame on you. The first two movies pretty much told you that they weren't staying true to the comic series, rather they were spinning off on some interesting tangents. In this last one they had fun, cutting characters like Magneto and Phoenix loose. Don't act so surprised, heh. Frankly the X-Men world is still wide open, and nothing is perminent. They've left avenues of all different kinds open for the fourth movie, so simply sit back and enjoy the show. It's a lot of fun and they still have so much they can do. Think of it as a tangent to the comic book series and relax.

By the way, Magneto is a badass...

FTW!!

~W

:Edit: And how can I forget the greatest quote in the entire movie-

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaught B*tch!!"

Kudos to all who recognize that one. You could tell right away in the movie theater who knew where that came from. XD

8. Cylor

Cylor New Member

No, of course the movies do not follow the timeline of the comics. They would need 40 years to do that accurately. But the first two movies were true to the feel of the comics; particularly the '80s era Claremont stories which were the peak of the books' quality. The third one... does not. It crosses the line of cheesiness, which is something the first two never did, in spite of their comic book origins and storylines.

As for Phoenix and Magneto "cutting loose", well, if you want to say that... I hate to tell you this, but neither of their power levels in the movies were anywhere near what they were depicted as in the comics. While it's not reasonable to expect the films to follow the comics exactly, some degree of comparison is unavoidable.

9. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Yeah, that was my favorite part of the entire movie. It had me rolling. My friend john threw a fit though when it ended and we had to sit through all the credits for that ending. Pssh. Lame. =3

10. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Comparatively to the rest of the movies they were unchained, which is the first time we've seen them set so explosively on the big screen. Very satisfying IMO. Of course the comics would have greater play in character dev and plot, the same is true to Manga vs Anime. While the shows have all the flash and entertainment value, the Manga allow for a more detailed characters, longer, more fleshed out plots and are usually closer to the true vision of the original creator. X-Men is no different.

~W

11. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

This one was suppoud to be really good i heard i haven't gotten around to seeing it though i looks hardcore awsome though

12. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

I'm going.
    Mainly cos i watched 1 and 2, so i may aswell go see 3 aswell, + it also looks peachy and funky fresh :p

Besides i like the movies.