Movies x-men or matrix

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by lilmizkong, May 18, 2003.

?

which one is better

Poll closed Jul 7, 2003.
  1. X-men

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Matrix

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. lilmizkong

lilmizkong New Member

X-men2 or matrix? i've never seen Matrix but I heared that its good movie ^_^

2. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

I actually watched them in the theater back to back on Thursday.

I liked them both in different ways, but of the two I think Matrix Reloaded has the best potential of disappointment. The Matrix series is really running itself together like no other. The first was a bit easier to enjoy, but the second...like Star Wars needs to be seen with the first AND 'third' part to really be fully understood, and appreciated. The effects are awesome, many of which will really make you wonder how it is even possible. At other times they push the max, and while you can tell some things are CG intense...they still are very well done. I personally liked the diolog in Reloaded, but some don't. It certialy is not some suprise hit equal to the first, but I feel it was written well, and blends with the first fairly well, and does a excellent job expanding upon it. X2 is easy to enjoy without seeing the first, the screenplay is very good, and all the connections made, and solved in this one episode is worth noting. The effects are not mind blowing, but they tell the tale perfectly, nothing looks 'odd', and that's what is important.

Both are good. Personally I think X2 deserves some more attention, it's far superior to Spider-Man as a script...and more down to earth with effects.

3. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

that is a really hard choice to make. as they are both awesome movies. although i thought xmen 2 had a better storyline, look at how much material they can work with, matrix 2 on the other hand had the best action and special effects in it then most movies ive seen. xmen 2 had some cool effects (nightcrawler), but it just can stand up against reloaded. plot wise though, xmen 2. they're on the same level i think.

4. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

OOOOHHH NOOOO don't make me choose!!:eek:

I actually thought that The Matrix was going to better. But I won't say anything more about that or I'll give it all away. But I'll just say that it was a really really good movie.

But I had to vote for X2 cuz I thought that it was just a little bit better. Although no movie ( including X2)will ever compare to all of the special effects that matrix has I still enjoyed watching X2 over the Matrix.:D

~Washu

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

The Matrix Gets My Vote.

I really disliked the first X-Men Movie :( I was a huge X-Men Fan when i was a young lad, still has some blood of x-men though. But i was dissappointed with the movie. Sure, they had all the characthers, but where was Gambit? Beast?...

I'm gonna see X-men 2, because my favorite Characther has the lead role, in other words, Wolverine.

- Teddz

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ack evil choices...saw both...
    x2 was actually really good. it's amazing what you can do with 3 iron balls and some motivation.... i went into it expecting complete crap and was giggly at the end( for one reason, and well...bwahahahahahaha i was sooooo glad. the thirds' gonna be good.)
    reloaded however...well, i kept hearing mixed opinions. if you look past the effects and the fighting, the plot runneth thick. it's more of a set up plot, but still. it's enough to really make you wonder about everything you've learned. again.
    i can't really choose...but i'll take matrix over xmen...i just liked the comics way fo thought better.

oh, and be on beast watch. dr. mccoy is in the movie. you just have to look for him. not that saying his name is any hint...

7. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well Ill pick Matrix.. But frankly.. I found Both movies to be Uninspiring..

They we both good but.. I dont know.. Over Hyped if you ask me..

So ill have to say.. Terminator 3 will Blow both those movies out of the water..

Why Cause Arnie Is the Coolest!

KaME

8. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Hmm, I have yet to see Matrix Reloaded though I've been hearing mostly bad things about it, so I'll probably wait until it dies down to see it, though I liked the first X-Men movie better than the first Matrix, and my only real complete is the change in Iceman's character (as, if I remember correctly, he wasn't so damned serious). Any other changes they made didn't really bother me, artistic license and all.

(SPOILER) But at least Remy and Beast were mentioned in the movie. Can just cross my fingers they'll be in the third, and if not, it'll always be fun to see more of Pyro ('bout time they made him look sexy) and Nightcrawler, even Colossus). (SPOILER)

But, yeah, me and my bro were going to go see Matrix Reloaded ASAP, but we changed our minds and decided to wait a while. A long while. Though we may still play the game for ****s and giggles.

9. Odin

Odin Member

As movies in and of themselves, without consideration of their predecessors, I'd choose X-men 2 over Matrix: Reloaded.
    -Odin

10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Good? ... Of course its good. Well, X men 2 and Matrix reloaded are both out this week in boring old Britain and I'm gonna see them both. I thought X men 1 was a bit poo but I heard X men 2 is a lot better. Can't wait to see M:R

11. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

X men 2 didn't do xmen justice. Matrix was sweet. I didn't like how they both ended. How can they do this to me. Wahhhhhh

12. username

username New Member

??

i haven't seen matrix yet, but i have seen x-2. i give that movie a two thumbs up you should see it if you havn't!!!!!!

13. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Matrix.. *Dodges Slow motion bullet*

14. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Matrix Reloaded really hit it off good with me. X-Men2's storyline really just lacked the depth that I saw from the Matrix. I haven't read the comic books, so maybe for someone who reads them and saw the moive, it means more.

In each movie, I saw one thing that bugged me the most. The Wack. brothers sure picked a irritating place to end the Matrix. In X-men2, I wanted to see all the characters in their traditional, comic book clothing. Not these leather things some of them wore. *shrugs* Oh well, what are you going to do..

15. cardcaptormika2

cardcaptormika2 New Member

WELL that the thing about the triology movies, they leave you with an irrataing cliffhanger!;)

16. shohen

shohen New Member

Matrix is a good action movie and a very good story line. It would be a good movie even with no action. I am not saying that x-2 is a bad movie but matrix is better.

17. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Although I really like the X-men, I think Matrix Reloaded was way better.

I was a little disappointed with the way it ended--leaves us all hanging till the final chapter is released.

18. Kami

Kami New Member

matrix baby! it's so wicked rad... i think that the matrix has the actual elements of suprise and just gives you that rush feeling. neo and trinity make me envy their relationship but hey it's all good.

19. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

hehehehe i loved X2 it was good. Nightcrawler was so cool . the fight scene in the begining was incredible. the Matrix was just to complicated to understand. in the end i started to break down because i lost track of what was happening. X2 was easy to follow and Wolverine is such a badass.:eek:

20. Miko

Miko New Member

x-men, hands down. i never did like the matrix that much. *ducks as rotten food gets thrown at her*