Movies Xmen the sequel [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by *Fabee*, May 2, 2003.

1. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gambit

That may not be such a good idea. I mean, first, it convolutes the story.

Second, even if it's X-Men, I don't think many people are going to stay in a theatre for 6 hours.

Third, it's easy to see that they're going by currently popular X-Men. At least, popular in movie terms. I mean, Wolvie will always be a supremely popular character, and Remy would be class and right next to Wolvie.

You're going to see more of Rogue and Icey in the third movie though. Especially since, if you notice, they were in "uniform" at the end.

Dark Phoenix *might* be the antagonist, but it won't surprise me that she just comes back more powerful. And unable to control her powers.

What I want to know is why Hank was a political figure, instead of a scientist. Or, at least, why he was on Letterman. ^_^

Piotre Rasputin's character was a great add-in. Especially since he really acts like the way the Colossus in the comics does. Plus, notice he saved Shadowcat. ^_^ Good pair, those two.

There was also Syren in the movie, Banshee's daughter with Moira McTagert. They skipped about a billion issues with that little thing. But, she does make a good alarm. ^_^

What does make me mad though, is that Jubilee's character is demoted to being only a slight part of Rogue's on-screen role. I mean, honestly, Jubilee is the comic relief, along with Ice Man. And then, you see them, and Icey's too serious and Jubilee's this girl with big earrings.

Oh well, still a good movie. I wanna watch it again. Like, now.

2. *Sasami*

*Sasami* New Member

Man-O-Man i loved the movie but i do agree with some of u guys that it did focus a bit to much on Wolverine but i have a feeling the next one is going to focus on Jean because of the pheonix thing. I feel kinda bad for Jean because she married someone she doesnt love:( i say she should ditch Cyclops and go with Wolverine :)
    Cyclops gets on my nerves because in the first-X he ordered everyone around "Jean use your power try to steady him" "Storm some cover please"-quotes from Cyclopes
    i hated when he said those quotes he acted like Storm and Jean were stupid :mad: but that is just my opinion though:)

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Funny you should mention Scott + Jean. Because, well, they're the ULTIMATE love in the marvel universe. Seriously. You say your love transcends time? This lovely couple trascended time, place, dimension, and different bodies. If it's anyone made for each other, it's these two. Point of fact, they have like three kids, though not in the "mainstream" timeline. Whoa, in fact, they actually overcame one of the most powerful forces in the galaxy together, and not to mention kill the most powerful mutant alive. And it was just the TWO of them...

Scott is also the ultimate boy scout. I mean, the dude sucks up to prof way too much.

Wolvie should have Mariko. But, if you don't know who she is, then don't worry. Even Silver Fox would be better'n Jean.

And Jean and Cyke ain't married yet. ^_^

4. *Sasami*

*Sasami* New Member

Jean is married to Cyclops because she even says it in the movie and that may be true that they are ment for each other but i just hate cyclops :mad: but i do think that there are other people for Wolverine like Lady Deathsyth (or what ever her name is) even though she is dead

5. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

Whoa yeah you lost me there. I too thought that they had allready been merried....like since the first movie?? So if their not merried then they are just together as a couple?

Oh and by the way I did see the movie again for the second time and I did cetch all that stuff about Gambit and Beast.:D I don't know how I missed all that before. When I saw it again it all seamed so obvious...*BoNkS On ThE HeAd*:sweat:

~Washu

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

First, I never saw a ring on Jean's finger.

Second, even if the movie doens't sit well with the comic, Jean and Cyke's wedding would be known to be a LOT bigger than just popping out of nowhere. Especially in that little gap (which was barely any) between the first and second movie. I mean, look! Wolvie headed out to Alkalai Lake right after the first movie, and just gets back for the second. Enough time for a relationship, but I think Cyke's a little TOO serious and reserved to just up and elope with Jean.

Third, I suppose you guys confused the part where Jean was talking to Wolvie outside the Blackbird. There may have been evidence there that Jean *is* married to Scott, but I didn't see it that way. What I saw was Jean saying, "We flirt with dangerous guys, Logan, but we marry the good ones".

7. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

OH *LOL*

Ok I see what you're saying now! yeah you're probly right then.....I don't know I just see their relationship as being kinda confusing. But that would really suck if Cyke found out about Jean and Wolverine when they were together on that one part of the movie you were talking about *Looks back at Izzy's post*. I think that Cyke can see that there is something going on between them but I really don't want him and Wolverine to fight now...

~Washu

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I think Jean is only a part of the animosity in Scott and Logan's personality. Even in the comics, Wolvie admits to Jean and Scott, but he still respects but dislikes Scott. The camaraderie there is only in the midst of battle, other than that, they're not really hesitant to get at each other's throats. Believe me, Scott knows. He can't help but know. It's one of the reasons they don't get along.

I say only partly because Scott is, like I said, the ultimate Boy Scout. He's practically tracing Captain America's steps, for goodness sakes. And that just causes friction between the scout the and "wolf."

Wolvie, on the other hand, is everything a lone soldier is. Naturally, the two paths intersect, instead of running parallel. Wolvie would do as is told, but he has his own way of doing things. And as he says in the comics, which is the ultimate truth, "[He's] the best at what he [does]".

And, numerous other encounters have happened between Jean and Wolvie. Then again, Psylocke was also flirting with Scott...which was humerous about what it did to Jean and Scott. ^_^

I'm not backing up Cyke here. I'm just saying that, like Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic, it's pretty damn hard to get in between Cyke and Jean Grey.

9. shohen

shohen New Member

How come that Jean dies in the movie and not in the comic series.

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Yes, she does. It's just been too long for you to actually remember it. It's just that the setting changed.