Yahiko no Sakabatou

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by wolf_of_mibu, Nov 29, 2002.

1. wolf_of_mibu

wolf_of_mibu New Member

Hello.

Has any of you heard of 'Yahiko no Sakabatou'? It's a manga starring Yahiko when he was a little older. I think about 15. It's a little short and... check it out for yourselves.

http://www.geocities.com/reddevil_zerosix/manga.html

Anyway, it would really be cool if Watsuki could make a series starring Yahiko don't you think? He could show an older Kenji too (but not like the one in the OAV). He should quit it with Tsubame's 'maid costume' though. O_Ox

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Yeah, its ok .. but even so, it would be cool to see a whole series about Yahiko :D
    It will look like a second part for RK :p

3. wolf_of_mibu

wolf_of_mibu New Member

yeah that would be cool. it would be even better if sano were to return. or yutaro. they keep referring to him but he doesnt show up.

4. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Yeah, I mean, Yutaro is Yahiko's best friend right? And there is no better funny scene than Yahiko vs. Sano!! :D

5. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

well a friend of mine told me the same thing,about this anime but now i think it's for sure,and thanks a lot "wolf_of_mibu" for these precious informations....well i think having a new series about yahiko would be a great thing to watch,but i want some character to be involved,like Hiko Seijouro and Saito Hajime,i like these 2 guys a lot,everyone of them has his own special stuff in his personnality,and i hope if anyone has new information to post it here and i will do the same,thanks again :D

6. Hitokiri_Battou

Hitokiri_Battou New Member

hmmm in terms of extras for Rurouni Kenshin Yahiko's Sakabatou takes place right after the end of the Jinchuu Arc. in the 28th manga the very last chapter has Kenshin Kaoru Tsubame Kenji and Yahiko although i think 5 years had passed. interms of mangas for other people in kenshin theres one but its not made by Watsuki Nobuhiro. its about Saitou and the Shinsengumi and Tokio is in it but other than that theres nothing else unless u consider Watsukis debut stories which are Rurouni 1 and 2 and Cresent Moon over a Country at War plus Meteor Strike which has nothing to do with kenshin. Sakabatou broken down means *saka* reverse, reversed *ba*sound change from "ha" from the kanji for edge and *tou* means sword or katana or anytype of japanese swords so sakabatou sword literally means sakaba sword sword...no not right :glazed: a lot to take in at once :glazed: :glazed: :glazed:

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

btw Yutarou does come back although he isnt seen from Manga 6 but ther names on the wall of the Kamiya Dojou read Master: Kamiya Kaoru Asisstant masters: Myojin Yahiko and Tsukayama Yutarou Students: Shinichi Kozaburo (the policeman from Yahiko's fight against whale mouth) and Higashidani Outa (Sano's kid Brother) the rest of the names arent readable.

8. wolf_of_mibu

wolf_of_mibu New Member

Hi. Haven't been here for a while. :D

Anyway, yeah, Yutaro was mentioned frequently at the end of the RuroKen manga and YS. According to the scanslation, Tsubame told Yahiko that Yutaro came frequently to the Akabeko while he was away. I wonder why Watsuki-sensei didn't bother to draw him. :confused:

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

most likely because he was a minor character and besides being a rival for Yahiko he really didnt have much of a part.