Yaoi and Yuri Yaoi or Yuri ?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by KaYasha, Mar 23, 2005.

?

Which do you like more?

1. I like Yaoi more

46.8%
  2. I like Yuri more

40.4%
  3. I like them both the same

10.6%
  4. I dislike them both

2.1%
  1. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Hmmm, you'd think my preferences would be influenced by my sexual orientation (heterosexual), but surprisingly I'm probably more of a yuri fan. Can't put my finger on why...but I'm not really a yaoi/yuri shipper overall (no real reason, just personal preference I guess...) So...yeah.

2. Tomoe Himura

Tomoe Himura New Member

I like Gravi, and Eriee Queerie. I guess...I'm more of a yaoi fan then...Yeah... *stares at pics of Eriee Queerie* Dang... I wish I still had those books...

1 person likes this.
  3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Two or more gorgeous women exploring each others... feelings?

Sign me up to watch that.

4. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

I am wayyyy voting for yaoi. As most people should be able to tell from Naruto and Sasuke in my avatar piccie ^_^ it's sooo addicting. ~drools~ kitty boys... and real life ones? OH, DO NOT GET ME STARTED! YAOI WITHDRAWAL BURNS!!! NO?

5. Enigma

Enigma New Member

Yaoi.....but I like any coupling all the same, whether it's straight/gay/lesbian, whatever. Love...'tis nice.

<3

1 person likes this.
  6. Evaligan

Evaligan New Member

The Yaoi is not better than the Yuri.

I like more the yuri that the yaoi, the yaoi is more popular for the fanfic, novels and doujinshis. I have read both, manga yuri and yaoi, the yaoi doesn't win to the yuri in manga, in fact the yuri has a sentimental more complicated history. I have seen anime yuri and yaoi, the yaoi it doesn't win him in animation, in fact the yuri has more varied design of characters.

If somebody wants information on where download anime 100% yuri (NOT HENTAI) as:
    * Kannaduki non Miko
    * Yami to Boushi to Hon non Tabibito
    * Serapim Call
    * Puni Puni Poemi
    * Hen or Strange love (yuri version, also exist yaoi version)
    * Devilman Lady
    * Najica Dengeki Sakusen
    or anime Shoujo-Ai like:
    * Shoujo Kakumei Utena
    * María-sama ga Miteru
    * Gokujou Seitokai
    * Miyuki chan in Wonderland
    * Noir (not much shoujo-ai)
    * Kiddy Grade
    * Utakata (some shoujo-ai and shounen-ai here)
    * Mai Hime (some shoujo-ai and shounen-ai here).

Tell me ;) , I know good places yuri, there is good fanfic in them, but they are not many like in the yaoi :rolleyes: , there are few novels yuri, but they are of good quality, yuri doujinshis (non-hentai and hentai), and yuri manga. Also you where to find good yuri FANART very rare. Upgrade you not everything is yaoi, the yuri this beginning to make out good works too.

:eek: I know that it is very difficult to find yuri in the net that doesn't have to do with hentai.
    But it exists, the yaoi is very easy of getting in the net, but for that reason it is not better than the yuri.

:( Don't vote without before to know both, the yaoi and the yuri. Few products yuri exist, but contrary to the past that alone we had Utena, new products yuri are coming out every year. The same as new products yaoi are coming out.

:p In some years there will be enough products yuri in the market, to really be able to decide who is better, if the yaoi or the yuri.

:sweat2: Two boys kissing cannot be been better than two girls being kissed.
    In any event both would be sexys, cute and hot. :blush2:

:D In a competition among two yaoi boys and two yuri girls, that kissing each other, undressing each other, holding each other, caressing each other, licking each other, playing with each other, bouncing on each other, exploring undiscovered sensations with each other, sweating on top of each other.
    It should be a very difficult and hard decision, to choose the winner. :blush2:

...and girls, remember that a woman can feel attraction for another woman and that is not bad. The women can express their feelings better that a man in general. Us the women are romantic by nature. Seeing yuri doesn't transform them into lesbian, the same as to see yaoi doesn't transform a man into gay. The yuri same as the yaoi, is a product shoujo, created for the girls, although some males can also see it and it is not bad.

ATTE:
    A Yuri-Fan Girl.
    :cool:

1 person likes this.
  7. Evaligan

Evaligan New Member

Yaoi vs Yuri: Duel of Love, Hugs, and Kisses xD

I don't want them to misinterpret. I don't have anything against the yaoi.
    I also like it. But when looking for for Internet you are a lot of yaoi and little yuri. There is yaoi hentai, but there is more hentai than it contains relationships between two women that could made a mistake with the yuri. The good thing is that the index of anime 100% yuri it's increased a little, with regard to passed years.

Forgetting that I am a yuri-fan and remembering that I was also a yaoi-fan, and becoming neutral.
    In a Yaoi vs Yuri
    I think that a duel of love between two couples, a yaoi and the other yuri, are very... very interesting. :bleed2: Two couples competing to be shown their love, to be shown their feelings, to be caressed, to be kissed deeply and with a lot of passion or to be kissed in a soft, slow and pleasant way. :shy2: Any of the two couples could win, to be sincere I would not like him to win or it lost none of the two couples.

...and I think that if they like both, the yaoi and the yuri, it would be more interesting to see that scene in the same anime and at same time. :eek: I know that it is practically impossible that that happens, even in a hentai. But it sounds interesting, except for those who hate the yaoi or the yuri or both... and it would become more interesting if we remember that some girls likes to see two boy being kissed, the same as some boys likes to see two girls being kissed. Same as some boys likes to see two boy being kissed, and some girls likes to see two girls being kissed (yes I am here). So... if both couples meetings... maybe both couples the yuri and the yaoi could feel attraction one for other... I ignore that it would happen if that happened.

Mmmmm..... I don't think that it happened a lot in an anime, maybe alone in a hentai of both, yaoi and yuri (maybe never exist that). It is very difficult that happen, because both the yaoi and the yuri. They develop very strong knots of love as to forget them easily.

8. Envyrocks

Envyrocks New Member

YAOI!!!! 4 me lol ^^ but I like Yuri 2 :D

1 person likes this.
  9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I prefer yaoi over yuri. I am a big Gravitation (and Fake) fan :p There is Mirage of Blaze as well.. very nice *^-^*

1 person likes this.
  10. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Yuri of course. I would never do yaoi.

11. Evaligan

Evaligan New Member

Mmmmm......

Personally. I really don't know what you see in Gravitation, exist better yaoi anime than Gravitation. Gravitation this too empty for me. Too simple :sweat2:
    Only for Gravitation you choose the yaoi? :eek:
    search more yaoi (it's very easy to find yaoi/shounen-ai) and if you have time some yuri (you need more time for find any good yuri, but if you dedicate something of time, you can find something yuri/shoujo-ai of good quality, it is difficult, but it is worthwhile) :sweat:

1 person likes this.
  12. Shinigami-Sama

Shinigami-Sama New Member

I like shoujo-ai more, but yuri is goof too, I jsut like watching hte cuddly girls, shonen-ai isn't to bad, but yaoi is to much, if I was going to watch two guys fall in love I hook two friends up who're in the cloest

13. Sp1k3

Sp1k3 New Member

I prefer Yuri better. I am not really into the boy x boy thing, but I do respect it and acknowledge its existance.

14. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Yuri....definalty. when i voted i was just messing around so it says i dislike em both =)

15. monkiki_ba

monkiki_ba New Member

yaoi all the way, baby!!!

ha. though i have nothing against yuri, it's just... slightly disturbing... but then again, all this yaoi-ness has been 'destroying' my mind, lately. due to the fact that rather then spending time whether at home or at school, where i'm supposed to concentrate on my acedemics, (ie: studying for tests, doing homework, paying attention in class) ... well, you get the idea, i'm reading yaoi fanfiction/doujinshi/mangas instead... and i think the teacher saw some of the explicit parts over my shoulder...

haha.. FEAR THE QUEER!!! THEY SHALL... erm... eat... your ear...? if you... don't... read... their stuff... (if you're a guy) YOU'LL HAVE PAIN IN YOUR REAR!!!

*cough.* please disregard that. and all of the above, minus the very top sentence.

2 people like this.
  16. Orion

Orion Gears

Yoink. Haven't posted in here yet... Anyway, Yuri is so my bag. Sorry for the little thread reviving, but hey.

17. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I love yuri now. For some reason I just like it more than Yaoi. yum yum yum yum yum YUM! ^______________________^

18. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

MAYBE im strange....but I prefer Yaoi.

Now I think it generally goes like this:
    Girls: Yaoi
    Boys: Yuri
    Its just hott seeing the opposite sex together.

19. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

MABYE your straight ^_-

I think most people as weird as I am like them both!~ But yes usaully it goes that way -_-

20. RikaLin

RikaLin New Member

I like Yaoi a lot more, but yuri is also good. Both have its wrong points and weak points.