Music Your top 20 Favorite bands.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Stos

Stos New Member

My all time favorite rock band is and forever will be Limp Bizkit. Well maybe Linkin Park will take that position from them if Limp does not come out with another CD within the next 2 years. Hope they can do it without Wes.

My list though would be:
    Limp Bizkit
    Linkin Park
    Disturbed
    Korn
    Puddle Of Mudd
    POD
    Sum41

I listen to others, but would not say they are my favorite and also just can not think of any others.

2. Samir

Samir New Member

I also got a lot of bands i like, maybe too many to list. But i can name the bands i'll stick to, no matter what.

Guano Apes
    They have this certain touch added to their music, always a nice rythm and the music stays active, even in their slow songs. It never gets boring.

Incubus
    OMFG, i love them, i love them. This is the band that made me switch from trance (buh i was boring back then) to rock in general. I still owe a friend of mine for introducing me to Incubus. They have different styles on each album, and to be honest: they way they can make music is truly fascinating. I can't come up with a bad title, everything is just as good. Or better ^_^

Dir en Grey
    I really love this japanese band! In other people's ears they sound like "amateurs who never heard the word quality", but i love the music, that's for sure! Yeah, it does have a weird rythm here and there, and a false note here and there, but to me, it's original, and originality is far more important to me in these times when bands pop out of the ground like mushrooms. They rock!

X Japan
    Which band wouldn't be popular with 2 fast-playing bass-players, 1 very good electric guitarist, a singer with a HELL of a good voice and a drummer/pianist (YOSHIKI!!!) who has attained legendary status because of a speed that exceeds the speed of the best drummers known today? I really like them:D. It's a pity that hide died...so they all quit...*sob*...

Lost Prophets
    They are also one of the best bands around. These people are from Wales, practiced 8 or 9 years before they finally brought out their first album. It paid off, people. I would recommend Kobrakai or As She Told Me To Leave. Those 2 songs rule!!!

LOL and to see more stuff i like: http://www.lumus.net/sam/winamp.html

3. aozora

aozora New Member

hmm... dont think Rage against the Machine has been mentioned...

Those, Puddle of Mudd, Soulfly and KoRn. yeah im picky even with music that most peopel say all sounds the same :p

Bands i try to avoid - Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Sum 41 *twitches*and Offspring (the new stuff)

Oh yeah - creed is great too! :D

4. + annovachan +

+ annovachan + New Member

ooooooo, soulfy! doi! yes, avoid linkin park. avoid, avoid, avoid. just run away now.
    how about mariyln manson? any takers?
    the fight song...?

5. aozora

aozora New Member

beautiful people kicks *** :D

tainted love is not however :p

6. aozora

aozora New Member

so are our tastes in, umm... TV shows, hobbies and age as well!

wow, how about that. :p

7. aozora

aozora New Member

*raises eyebrow*

huh?

oookkayyy... *runs away*

8. Tusky

Tusky New Member

Jeez u all like a lot of neu rock :p Linkin Park,papa roach,P.O.D ect I consider them the " Manufactured bands" of rock music well....each to thier own i supose :p

In the last while ive been listening to "Muse's" new album, A LOT of
    "Led Zeppelin" a bit of the "Hives" and "Queens of the stone age" album is purty sweet to :D And also been taking a look back @ my old pixies albums ;)

9. aozora

aozora New Member

i agree, that is up until...

The Hives!!

AAAAHHHHH!!! *run run run*

10. aozora

aozora New Member

well i have muse albums, and quite enjoy listening to queens of the stone age.
    and i agree with what he said about POD, LP and to a lesser extent Papa Roach.

However, i loathe The Hives.

Do we understand now?

11. Tusky

Tusky New Member

i think u missed my point.... The Hives have been around for about 10 years - they did not jump on the "rock band wagon" like many of the above named bands did simplely to make a wack of money off confused teenagers :p they dont care about image either unlike other bands - i.e the fat guy and the 60 year old bass guitarist ? ....

12. aozora

aozora New Member

yeah i get what you mean. and i agree, but i dont think Papa Roach fall under that category, at least not as much as the other 2.

I think you can stick Avril Lavigne under that "manufactured rock image" category as well...

13. Tusky

Tusky New Member

HAHA you think ? Im sure of it - She appeals to the horny AND the confused teenagers aswell - And thats ALOT of teenagers ;)

1 more thing about the "Hives" Sure they are cheesy, sure they can be repeditive but they are good fun catchy and when listened to more than a cuple of times u notice that the music is much better than u first though ;)

14. aozora

aozora New Member

well you're right.

but meh, ill listen to whatever my ear likes the sound of. if that makes me a conformist, then so be it.

15. aozora

aozora New Member

lol okay, well ill just have to try and stick out the first few run throughs of them then :p

Either way, i can hardly talk about cheesy old classics, im sittin' with MC Hammer playing on KaZaa here *laughs*

..... Hammertime! :D