Zark good or Zark bad?

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Meridian, Aug 17, 2003.

?

What do you think of Zark?

1. Great, he added an extra level to the storytelling

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Thought hewas funny but wish he hadn't had so much screen time

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Annoying lump of adulteration

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What Zark? I learnt to ignore him years ago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't have a clue what any of this means

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Zark has to be the most fan-attacked character from BOTP - even more than Red Impulse in Gatchaman! It's rare to see anyone defend him, but of course he exists for a reason; to replace violent scenes and to keep the plot moving. After all, with the cuts that were applied, without replacement footage many of the episodes wouldn't make sense any more.

And Zark is one of the things that makes BOTP quite a separate entity to Gatchaman, as well as the character changes and the outer-space theme. However, Zark wasn't necessary to create the outer space theme, it would have been possible to produce other added footage to pad out the episodes and keep the stories moving instead, say a telepathic alien council which passes information to Anderson, or a sort of news desk filler.

It's also interesting the way he's been treated in the comic...

So, what do you think of Zark?

2. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

zark's roles in the new series

i was just wondering in the new series of battle of the planets will zark's voice sound exactly like a robot he will probably have an echo in his voice which would make him sound like a andraid what do you think