Video Games '02-'03 RPGs: most looking forward to playing

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stos, Feb 12, 2003.

?

Which '02-'03 RPG you most looking forward to playing?

1. Suikoden III (PS2)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Xenosaga Espisode 1 (PS2)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Final Fantasy XI (PS2, PC)

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. .hack part 1: Infection (PS2)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC)

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Other

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Stos

Stos New Member

Which end of 2002-beginning of 2003 RPG are you most looking forward to playing?

I am looking forward to playing all of the ones on my list. The one I am really looking forward to playing is Xenosaga Espidoe 1. It looks like a Final Fantasy killer. But I am also looking forward to playing Final Fantasy XI. It looks like the sweetest MMORPG, but I have yet to play one though. I think I will make FF XI my first MMORPG experince.

So which one are you most looking forward to playing?
    Please reply if you choose other

Edit: Sorry XBox and PC users, do not follow much RPGs on those systems. Just pick other if you have an XBox and PC and looking forward to playing a RPG on that platform/console. But please reply if you do.

2. Omnidragon

Omnidragon New Member

1. FFCC: I am an old SNES fanboy. I still remember that the SNES FFs were the best, save FFVII on PS1. The new FFs just rely on eye-candy and gimmicks. Hopefully FFCC does better!

2. Xenosaga: Xenogears is good enough as a reason to play Xenosaga. While you may use the same argument for FFVIII, you can't for FFIX and FFX because of FFVIII's mediocrity.

3. Suikoden III: Nice game if I was asked to say something about it.

4. FFXI: While it may be a great game, I'm more inclined to play WOWC by Blizzard ^_^

5. SoA: Is it the same as the DC version? If it is, then forget it. Because I've played it and I don't want to play it again.

6. Infection: What is this?

3. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

im looking forward to ffxi, ffcc, and xenosaga, i would like to try hack

4. Stos

Stos New Member

click here if you wan info on .hack part 1: Infection

And if I was to put them in order from most wanting to play they woule be...

1. Xenosaga Episode 1
    2. Final Fantasy XI
    3. Skies of Arcadia Legends - yes it is basically a little upgrade of the Dremacast version, but I have not played the DC version of it
    4. Suikoden III - Have not played any of the others before, but this one looks like a must play for any RPG fan
    5. .hack part 1: Infection - I really want to try this game, but from the reviews I read you could probably beat it within 1-3 rental periods
    6. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - I heard it might be a Zelda wanna be game and I hate Zelda wanna be games. Do not get me wrong I like Zelda though. We will see if it is any good when it is released.

5. Stos

Stos New Member

So is nobody interested in this year's RPGs?

6. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

I guess they just don't want to bother with giving their opinion. From the looks of it, I think Crystal Chronicles is going to be something like Kingdom Hearts, but multi-player. That will definetly be a good thing. Xenosaga would have been my pick had it not been for the change from sprite characters to 3d characters. Kind of destroyed the feeling of it.

7. Stos

Stos New Member

From sprite to 3D characters? What is the difference and what is wrong with 3D characters?
    FF Crystal Chronicles being multi-player? Are you sure you did not mean to say FF XI? Cus that is the only multi-player Final Fantasy game I have heard of.

8. Cunning Servant

If you have played Xenogears, you should know that the characters were sprites instead of 3D models. Sprites are pixelated models that only show two dimensions. Think of the original old-school mario from the NES, for example. It's not a big thing, but it was just that small detail that made Xenogears all the more interesting.

As for Crystal Chronicles, it is a multi-player in that more than one person can play on the same game on one console, not like the online multi-player games like FF-XI or Everquest.

9. Stos

Stos New Member

I have played Xenogears and never really noticed that the characters were sprites. I was too busy having so much fun playing that game, but now that I think about it I guess they were sprites. I think it was ok for back than, but now these days you kind of have to have 3D characters. I liked the fact they are doing that way. I think Xenosaga would look as bad as Dark Clud 2 if they did it that way. Have you seen commercials for that game yet? It looks like the most ugly RPG I have seen.

10. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

I cant wait for the revampe PS's...One should be friggin awesome, as should two and four! That may finally push me to get a P2...gotta love the classics ^_^=

11. Cunning Servant

I read from a certain source (forgot where) thats says Xenosaga was a flop in Japan. Besides that, I think that even though most of the people that worked on Xenogears (IMHO, a lot better than any FF game out there) went to work on the project, it was because the rights to Xenosaga were given to a different company. So, I think the storyline may suffer a little this time around.

12. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Final Fantasy XI Because I am a addicted ff fan, I never heard about this other one, I would have picked both but you can't.

13. Fushigi Rockna

I can't WAIT to get my hands on FFXI, I just got a PS2 and I am so happy, but the only games I have is my brother's NHL game, his James Bond Game, Kingdom hearts and I'm borrowing my friend's FFX game, cause I can't seem to find it in stores, damn.

I also can't wait till they finally release Lunar 3! Or another Mana game! I love those games...

14. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker ^_^

And, in September, a video game for the ABC TV series Alias. <--this one's coming out for all three consoles AND PC.