Current Affairs 13 year old asain girl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sesshoumarugirl, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Sesshoumarugirl

Sesshoumarugirl New Member

can u belive that a 13 year old child survived the tsunami. She was adrift in the ocean for 2 days no food no water. She was very brave dont u think.

2. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

VERY brave I know I would'nt be able to survive that, that must of tooken a lot of strength and determination.

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Or it all could be fate, when it's time to die... it's time to die, when it's not... it's not. Whatever the case, every survivor found is all but good news.

One extraordinary story I personally thought is one to mention was an Australian woman who had a dilemma to choose between her 5-year old son and her 2-year old son as the tsunami struck her ground floor hotel. She knew that if she held on to both, all 3 would have probably died by the wall of water crashing in. She decided to let go of the older son as he could swim (as supposed to the younger one who couldn't), but still, how agonising must it be to do something like that. Their father could only watch helplessly on the first floor as he and their mother watched the 5-year old drift away in the waters. Fortunately, 2 hours later, after the waters receded, they found their 5-year old son who had clutched onto a door after parting his parents, safe and alive.

- Shen

4. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

And I heard that a 20-day old baby survived because her bed floated over the water. Certainly many miracles happen very often. But...
    I'd say lucky

5. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Maybe for every thousand tragedies comes one miracle.

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It would be nice if it could be the other way around, 1000 miracles to the tragedy, but then we get to the whole "taking it for granted" thing.

This is the kind of thing that makes you appreciate what you have. This event is one that makes you think "Gee, what if that had happened to me?" One that should make you glad for what hasn't happened. We suffer all kinds of near-misses every day, and it's only things like this that make us take notice.

And, I think she was brave to not just give up and let herself die. She survived for 2 days, and it must have taken a fair bit of bravery to keep despair at bay. Surely, she must have been wondering if she was going to die, if she was going to be rescued, or all sorts of things. I'm sure, that, were I in the same situation, I would not be able to survive. I doubt that many of us could, as unaccustomed as we are to hardship.