Comics :)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ][cEMAN, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ][cEMAN

][cEMAN New Member

Definition of Manga (from other locked thread)

Just for the other thread that said Manga weren't comics. Some people just have weird thoughts :)

Anyway, just looking about and spotted this section of the forum - interesting :)

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Manga and western comics do, however, differ vastly in storyline style. Manga, in the case of the forums, is referring solely to japanese comics; whereas comics, in the case of the forums, refers to western comics.

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Right, just take a look at it this way:

East=Comics (Read from left to right)
    West=Manga (Read from right to left)

Also, manga and comics mean the same thing (word-wise), since "Mnaga", is just the translation of "Comics" in japaneese.

Was I clear? 'Cause i suck at explinations. Wait--

-SakataKentaro

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

if you read the quote (from me actually) you'll realize, that i explained all that.

you know why that thread is there? cause it's one of the funnier flame wars to have not been deleted from the site. ^^ (and i missed the damn thing and yet was the focus)

it was also made to let people know that manga goes in the manga forum, and comics go here. most of the people here do seem to instictively know that manga goes in manga because they are asian/mainly japanese comics. a line needed to be made so that i wasn't getting manga posted in here, where it doesn't belong. yes i know they are technically the same thing. but so long as we go out of the way to actually call it manga instead of comics, there is a seperation line.
    is it a western style comic from a western country? good, it goes here. is it a manga style comic? it goes in manga. even though i don't consider western made in the manga style to be manga, it still goes over there. my purist nature be damned lol.

anyways, last time a thread like this was left open, fire happened do to a stupid person.
    that quote is just the definition of the catagory names and what goes where.

(isn't closing to be mean, just to be lazy cause i don't wanna clean up another thread. i mean, i mod debates for that stuff hehe)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.