Saber Marionette 2004 SMJ fanfiction contest! Yay!! ^_^

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by luvweaver, Aug 27, 2004.

1. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

'04 SMJ fanfic contest! Yay!! ^_^

OK. I got this idea from Shinryu's thread.
    Let me know what you think about this, guys.

The idea of this contest is to have as many quality SMJ fanfics (short fanfics) regarding a particular scenario.

Fanfics can range from 1 to 3 chapters, with 500 to 3,000 words each.

Please remember that the first scenes will introduce us to the characters (as any good anime). Try not to be either extremely detailed or extremely plain. Also, be careful with your grammar.

M2A members will vote for their preferred fanfics when 3 or 4 fanfics are submitted (here). But I really don't know about the mods... so if you can get your fanfics to be stored somewhere else (your homepage, fanfiction.net, etc.) first, just post the links.

Winner fanfics will be held hostage - erm.. be hosted - at my SMJ homepage :sweat2:

Scenarios can be suggested at this thread.

OK, ready?
    First scenario for the contest is:

Sensei Obiichi is the one who awakens Lime!!

Ready... set... Go! :D

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Great! A contest sort of motivation may be just what I need to get back into the writing spirit. Count me in. :)

Edit: And we're M2A members no longer. This place is now Boards.Jp after all...

1 person likes this.
  3. luvweaver

Yay! :)

Okay... now we need more contestants. So, Matt, do you recommend posting the fics *here* ? Or just links?

Ah, I forgot. To keep this thread active, all contestants must "inscribe" themselves in here :p. Like saying "OK, i'm gonna write" or something :sweat2:

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

As it can make things very cluttered, I would recommend just keeping this thread for comments, questions, links and the like.

If a member needs a little webspace, they can always take advantage of the sign-up we have at Boards.Jp. It's 300k, but it should be more than enough to host fics:
    http://www.boards.jp/web/

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I'd join, but I cannot write, and (at the time being) cannot upload stories. So, I'll work on maybe one story, hoping that the topic I use won't be brought up until I have it finished and can upload it. Don't count me out yet!

6. luvweaver

WARNING: Deadline for SMJ fanfic contest.

OK guys. Deadline is Nov 1st so you have a month to plan it well.

If you still don't have a webspace to post your fics (not even fanfiction.net) , just send me the fic by mail!
    Send me a message, I'll give you the e-mail where I will receive the fics.

OK, if you don't like the subject i chose for fanfics, then choose your own subject, but submit anything please! :(

(note: Please post the fanfic subject in this forum so others can compete with you on your "category")

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Unfortunately, I've already posted my only fanfic, so if it is ineligible because of this, you'll have to count me out. :(

8. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

:eek: Whoa... Fanfic contest. How can I pass this up. I don't have much time, but if I can get my act together by the first count me in. This will be fun. Good luck to everyone.

Just a question, Does the fanfic HAVE to be about the suggested scenario? I've had a short one in the works for a while now and this is the perfect excuse for me to finally finish it up.

~wert

9. luvweaver

No, it doesn't.

But you have to make the scenario public so others can compete with you. Please be as descriptive as possible. (No more than 3 paragraphs tho, the scenario's supposed to be the question, not the answer :D )

:) There ya go, all fair. :)

10. wertitis

This isn't one of those "Write your best and have fun with it" contests? Everyone just submits a short little fic they had fun creating? I was wondering if the scenario was just a suggestion or a guidline. Does everyone who submits have to all follow the same scenario?

Well, if not it's so close to the deadline I think changing it would be a dumb idea, especially for those who have already started on thier 'fics. A week isn't enough to go from scratch to a final product (at least for me XP). It wouldn't be fair to anyone else.

Just for anyone who is curious, since it's holloween time, I was working on a 'scary story'. Is it really that scary? Nah, but it's fun anyway.

Obiichi finds Lime... wow, I'm not even sure if I can create a short story detailing that. That's such an epic proposal. :D

11. luvweaver

Well...

Originally this was a "short fic about certain scenario".

So if you want to write your fic, you have to publish the scenario you wrote it about. Let's call it a "category". k? :)

12. wertitis

Heh, a 'category'? Ok, a scary story category. Humor would work as well.

If that wont work, why not a 'All other submissions' category. That way anyone can place any short 'fics they have into there and they can be juged against one another. :p

13. luvweaver

bummer...

That's not fair.

My original plan was "here's a fic idea, all people interested post a fic about it and we'll congratulate the best implementation of that idea.

So why not just post a description of your fic and see if other people want to work on it?

Ah whatever. ¬¬

Let's make it a "normal" fanfic contest. Any fic welcome.
    (bummer)

14. wertitis

Gaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh~

Whoa whoa, let's take a step back here.

I'm the nub here. I'm not going to just barge in here and starting doing stupid things like this. This is YOUR contest, YOU make the rules. Please don't get me wrong here. I was just curious as to what the official stance on the rules were.

If anyone has been working on thier submissions it wouldn't be fair to suddenly "change" everything a few days before the deadline just to facilitate my insignifigant whims. That's not the right thing to do.

oO; Besides, it looks like I wont be able to finish it up by the first anyway. I only release my work when I feel it's "Done". I really hate rushing things out the door.

:sweat2:

Sorry about sending the wrong vibes there.

15. wertitis

Soooo, what happened to the contest?

16. luvweaver

It's still open. No submissions, tho :(