Art 4th of July

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Holly Jolly, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Just came back from watching fireworks. Fun-fun-fun. So in the spirit of 4th of July, here is...4th of July artwork. :p

[​IMG]

I actually did this for a contest last month, won 40 bucks, yipee! Finally won a art contest. ^-^

You can read the poem right, or is it too unclear?

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

wow...that is so awesome...*^-^* i love the poem...felt real good reading it...kinda fuzzy and warm...lol(i sound stoopid...hehe) and the art...wow...i really enjoy seeign what you'll post next...its so neat and stylized for yourself

3. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Thanks! Yeah, I had to use good old-fashion colored pencils, it was a pain using them because anything next to a CG looks so rough and choppy. But everything had to be done by hand, that is also why I had to write out the poem.

Hurray for spelling errors! @-@;;

4. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Wow! That's a beautiful art you got there. You're so skillful using color pencils to color! *sigh* I'm a sucker at that. Anyways, thanks for showing it to us! :D

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ya know, i've always had a thing for hand coloring...love my colored pencils and markers...that's just me tho...was wondering what you colored it with...

6. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

That's really cool. It's drawn very well, and it's coloured brilliantly. I think it actualy looks better than a lot of CG. The poem is good too, even if it all american patriotism. Humbug.
    But seriously, good work.