RPG Game Masters A Compromise Between Old and New

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meaikoh, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

It is said that newer is not always better. There are pros and cons to everything that we at M2A do. In this case, I think that it would be best for us to have the best of both worlds for our RPG Forum.

What worlds, you ask? Well, two different styles of RPing.

Traditional (Threaded) Style, and the Subforum Organization.

Lately, I've noticed a discrepancy in the posting in the RPG Forum.

Some of our members, moderators and game masters alike would like to see the threaded RPGs come back. Not everybody has time to organize an RPG as seriously as the Subforum Style requires, while some do. At the same time, some just wish to roleplay calmly without getting too involved.

What I would like to suggest here is a 'Traditional (Threaded) RPG Subforum'. We could restore some of the old, already existing RPGs that were popular, as well as keep good threads going- to a reasonable extent or maximum, of course.

We could take a vote on which old RPGs to restore, and take suggestions.

2. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

I like this idea.

It gives the people who dont want to get too fully involved in an RPG and just be able to play when they have time the chance to do so.

I like your Thinking MT, Very nice.

3. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Somehow I'd had that thought as well. ^_^ I'm for it. Makes for fun, simple gaming for anyone looking for a quick adventure. ^_^;

4. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

MT and I discussed this last night and thought maybe a thread should be posted, which brings us here. I am obviously all for it. It might bring back some of the old RPers who left because of the new system, who knows?

5. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

Yeah, I'm all for this. I especially missed the M2A Rpg, the one Meaikoh i think started...or was at least our leader in the game :p. That one was fun! :p

6. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Oh my God! Meaikoh-Chan! I was going to talk to you about this same thing and i completely agree with your idea as well!

7. Meaikoh

Well, everybody seems to think it's a good idea, so I guess I'll propose the idea to make sure the Administration sees it.

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Before I lose my GMing abilities.

I might as well say it is a good idea BUT there would be no point in bringing back RPGs that members are gone. The chances of them coming back is slim to none. Make new ones unless they are the rescent ones to be Archieved.

9. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

Or we can just start with the same kind of story, but with new chars. When the M2A Rpg started, it didnt really have a plot and we can just start over. The old players that remained can play their old chars if they want to, and new people are welcome :p.

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I approve of the idea, but suggest we just open up the existing "RPG General" forum to both requests and thread games. If you still truly desire the subforum say the word and I will create it, though.

11. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I do think there should be a subforum for that. The RPG General forum is already full of requests, it would be confusing to moderate in it under those situations.

Perhaps we could move all the requests to "RPG Requests" and have RPG General serve that purpose?

12. Meaikoh

We'd probably get a few requests in General at first, but I think that Arc's suggestion is a good one. We definitely need some kind of separate subforum for the classic style though.

--MT