a couple of emails from sfe

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Sep 4, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

it feels good to log on again here are emails from sfe and they all read

Phil,

The old shows and the new features will air inthe spring on Boomerang. The new production will not air until Fall 2005

Phil,

Tey would produce brand new episodes, and take over all merchandising, and posible feature film production. They would do almost everything.

The original episodes will run on BOOMERANG>

Phil

They will do TV shows (new animation) movies and video's.

Phil

Phil,

It will go on in the spring for 2 reasons.
    1. To concentrate the 25th Anniversary event as a spring event.
    2. It takes time for THE CARTOON NETWORK to make room with other programming commitments.

Yes, I could still use the names and email addresses, so that we can keep those fans informed.

Thanks.

Phil

We are getting close to a deal with warners both to run the old series and to do new production.

I can't say more now,

Phil

Phil,

As indicated, we are in negotiations with both Disney and Warners to produce brand new BATTLE episodes - nothing from the original will remain. They will not air for another 2 years. In the mean time we expect to air refreshed versions of the old episodes. We will make them more action oriented, by including the action sequences from the original GATCHAMAN episodes.

These are likely to run on BOOMERANG, with the feature film version running on THE CARTOON NETWORK.

Phil

Phil,

BATTLE will not be on TV anywhere until spring, when it will go on BOOMERANG or THE CARTOON NETWORK.

No company will help us fix the episodes. We will stay with the original version. A major studio, who I cannot now mention which, produce a new BATTLE series to start on TV in 2 years.

Phil

2. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I have a question......

What or Where is Boomerang????

I am unfamiliar with that.

Victor

3. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

boomerang

boomerang is a direct tv network and it is part of cartoonnetwork which is located in atlanta g.a. if you have the dish or direct tv you should be able to get it. i hope i anwsered your question

4. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

So, unless I had Dtv or a dish, I wont be able to see BofP??

Or will it also be on Cartoon Network for us normal cable customers??

Thanks,

Victor

5. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

boomerang

if you did have direct tv or the dish you would be able to see the original version, based on the emails that i got from sfe they told me that cartoonnetwork's sister channel boomerange was going to run the old series in the spring, that is what i heard i do not no about the new series, but read the previouse emails it will tell you what is going on concering the series old and new. o i forget to ask you which i had posted on the web in one of the episodes of battle save the space coloines what was the episode about if you can remember seeing it.

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Boomerang

Thanks for the updates, EC!

I'm a little bummed about Bommerang too. Not many cable outlets carry this channel. Mine does on digital cable, but it's in a seperate package, and it's in Spanish! I have the ability to change it to English each time I watch it, but I wish it would just be carried on our regular cable.

I also received a couple of e-mails from SFE, and was told the original surviving voice actors will be considered for the 2005 series. I believe they were not used in the possible series for this year because of money, but now that it looks like Warner Brothers will be doing it, maybe the originals can come back. The biggest challenge I think will be to replace Keye Luke. He was the best.

Also, they have not decided whether or not Zark will be featured in the 2005 series. We'll just have to see I guess.

Oh, and the boxed set with Episodes 13-24 will be in stores Tuesday, September 23.

Mark

7. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

battle

i am so happy that the soriginal cast will consider on doing the original voices, it was meant to be which wil be cool. as for the voice of zoltar i am looking at the character who does the voice of mojo jo jo he sounds a little bit like zoltar, and as for zark in the new series sfe might put him in because he was in the original battler episodes. in one of the battle episodes save the sapce coloines what was the episode about?

8. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

sorry for the spelling

sorry for the spelling