RPG Requests A few clarifications on the RPG board changes.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Jul 31, 2003.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

If you read the rules document before, there have been a few slight changes as we built the working of this forum. There are a few major changes to how RPGs are run:

The elimination of sister threads
    In the OOC section of the rules, you'll notice the sister thread option was replaced with "begin a new topic of discussion".

As every running RPG now has a full forum devoted to it, it's better to just post topics of ooc nature related to the game and events in that forum, than to have a single thread to grow enormous and get lost in. That is, sister threads are outdated and superceded.

For example, If you came to a waterfall, and everyone fell, and you need to know if all your gear got wet, create a new topic with a good title.

i.e. "GM Question: Did My Gear Get Soaked?" or "Does all our stuff get wet going over the waterfall?"

The same goes for join requests. Most forums should some sort of thread related to join requests, but if you don't see one, feel free to fire up a new topic "Can I Join In?"

As always, try and keep ooc questions and comments seperate from game threads.

Benefits from subforum
    And by game threads, I mean literally more than one thread. You have a whole subforum to work with, so don't limit the game to one big bulky thread. Divide the storyline into chapters, and start a new thread when the first part of the story is done. It'll make things more manageable for players and moderators alike.

If the GM chooses, he can even run seperate gaming threads at the same time. Perhaps one for the "bad guys" and one for the "good guys", creating a new thread that joins the two when they meet. Or perhaps he would like to do a little prequel gaming while the main story is going. All up to him/her.

Take the opportunity to contribute to the game as a player. GO ahead and create a thread for the purpose of an in-character daily journal, or write a tale from the distant past that molded your character into who they are today. Or even go simply as a Q&A session where other players can ooc ask questions about your character - "What's their favorite color? What type of person do they look for in a date?" The more you contribute, the more vivid overall the game can turn out.

Any questions?

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

A new addition.

RPG Closure
    When an RPG has finished (which should be clearly apparent to the Moderator who has adopted it), that forum and threads will be archived in order to open a new RPG slot.

Additionally, if an RPG forum goes for the time period of 1 month without any constructive posting, it will be deemed finished and archived as well.

3. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll fix it so that the RPGs pop out on the menu too...

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Additional:

Moderators adopt RPGs in order to maintain watch over that forum and to weed out unwanted/uneeded posts, and censor where needed. This does not make the Moderator in charge of that RPG.

Moderators are fully welcome (and recommended) to join the RPG they have adopted, but all major rules decisions and game steering should be handled by the RPG's Game Master. The Moderator should only step in when appropriate - this means when M2A board rules are broken, the GM requests the stepping in, or if the GM is not adequately serving their role (in which case, the RPG should be passed onto a new GM or else ended).

GMs will become part of a new user group called "Game Masters", which will give them moderator-like abilities in their own game forums.

Remember to leave control in their hands, and only step in when needed, Moderators.

Thank you.
    BakaMattSu, Admin

Addition: This does not mean Moderators cannot help you with your RPG. If you have questions, need help with the Story Line, or anything else, please ask for help. I and every other Moderators will gladly help you with everything you need! - Arc