Recreation a gathering of the wierdest folks round!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bloodberry, Apr 11, 2002.

?

Would you want to meet everyone?

1. Heck yeah!

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Oh god no!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure, kinda scared...

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Yes Living in canada Has its downfall when coming to travaling.. Because canada is the secong largest contry in the world and ive driving across the map a few times.. and lets just say after the 3rd day You get realy BOARD of driving!

Well maybe next year i can get away a see other parts of the world!... For now ill work and go swim in the atlantic ocean!

KaMe

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Yes yes, I know about long drives. I've driven across Canada myself. The drive from Colorado to Alaska (where I lived for 3 years) takes at least a week. I know what it's like.

I just figured that since Ontario borders Minnesota, it couldn't be that far for those in Ontario to go (compared to say California) Of course, it would be way too far for people all the way on the east, or west coast. But, if no Canucks can, Minnesota will most definately not be the center point

OK, I checked a map, and saw where London is. You've got a couple great lakes to avoid.. and Minnesota is about in the middle. You'd be driving no further than me :) Still, if you're out, it'll be Denver or something.

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

ok ...

OK, you guys have ur own peoblems, who has to work in the summer, & the long distance, what about me? or ToMa ?
    I mean we are VERY VERY far awy from you guys .. we have bigger problems than u do , that if our family agreed for us to come .. and its -100% they will agree !!!!

Well, maybe in the future ! when i get married, then i can come with my husband to c u guys :p

4. MamiyaOtaru

are you getting married? :eek: My sister is, so maye I'm just getting paranoid

Is denver to far? I used to make the drive from Texas to Denver all the time when I was a kid. Well, ok I was usually in a car seat, and not doing the actual driving :D

If you can't make it, we'll be lloking forward to seeing you and your husband sometime down the road :)

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

<nods> yeah..

soo...somewhere in either colorado or south dakota then...it'll be about a day drive for me...tho, i';ve only been through south dakota twice...june is out for me...something is happening then...i just can't think of it...and august 10th is my bros' wedding...need to figure out the june thing...wait that one is in may lol. so prolly this will be happening in june/july...june 8th would be cool...but i'm biased to that date. hehehe. july would be a bit better...gives more time to save up....

ok, i;m done thinking aloud now...lol

6. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Hey, if I had the time and cash, I'd go anywhere for y'all. Trouble is that I won't be able to drive in the U.S.A. for another year or so, at least. I only have my G1 (initial stage of licensing) now, and the G2 comes in May (providing that the Ministry of Transportation ever resolves its strike ...), and the full G is a year after that. Until I have that, the US government doesn't recognize that I can drive at all, and I can only drive in Canada.
    Besides, I doubt my parents would appreciate me wandering off with a bunch of my old friends to visit a bunch of people I don't know and have only met on the internet (and yet if I went to Central America on missionary work it'd be fine ...).
    So, it seems that this is the closest you'll get to GNZ, unless you get lost and end up in Strathroy (which I pray you are never unfortunate enough to do). To conclude, I'm for the idea, but it'll never fly with me on board.

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

everybody, party at my house!!! i get the chillaid and the nachos and we coo!

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Re: ok ...

saying the -100% part, doesn't that negate that they won't agree...therefore saying that you can??? reverse phsychology, i love it!

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Maybe not too far from Texas, but extremely far from Bahrain... I think you've been a little mislead here or there on where all our Members are from, Mamiya...;)

10. MamiyaOtaru

hahaha I sure have.

There were a couple people from Bahrain at my High School in england. The 'dormies'

Anyway, I guess it's time for another 'where are you from' thread so I can get these things figured out. Was I just guessing? I have no clue

11. Zanza

Staff Member

:p not exactly .. :p
    I am never getting married :bleed2:!!
    I mean who wants me !! :dizzy2:

What I ment by getting married, is as long as i can come visit u guys i have to have someone (its better if it was HE). To have that guy (HE) I must be married to him .. & while I am not getting married ... *huff-puff* .. u know what I mean right .. ?

**:eek: BMS .. u memorised where I am from !! And look .. u spilled it right .. :glazed: !!

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Uh...yeah. :p I'm glad I'm good at spilling...I mean, er, spelling!

13. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Hey, here's an idea! What if we all localized? I mean, everyone from the same general area met up in some convenient place? All of us from Ontario could maybe hit Chatham for at least a day or so since several are from there anyway. Who am I kidding? Most of us from there already know each other and Chatham's just about as boring as Strathroy ... Well, I'll leave it to the rest of you then.

14. MamiyaOtaru

hehe you sould all do that, and take pics! All local groups should chill together if possible and send in pics so I can make a wacky flash animation ;)

15. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

GNZ has a good idea, methinks. GNZ, Otaru-kun, I dont wanna steal your fire if you were suggesting this, so I'll ask. Were you saying that those of us who are localized (i.e the Canada contingent, the Utah contingent, the Dakota people, etc.) should just meet in our own respective localized groups and take pics to share? That seems to be an idea that might work.

~ Aoi

16. MamiyaOtaru

basically. But I was still thinking of Utah-Dakota as one group :) As many as can get together do.

17. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

What do you Dakotans think about that? Wanna be lumped in with the mad ppls from Utah? ^_~

~ Aoi

18. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i've been mad for years, so no difference

19. Zanza

Staff Member

How Lucky ...

You guys are soo lucky to be near each other .. :sad:

... *breaks in to tears ...*

20. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, we'd need a lot more time to get one for everyone to go to arranged. mainly to save up money. *^-^* and well, the place. japan would be cool, but right now, that's not really possible(least for me!) dunno...