Music A Good Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music' started by Stardust Phox, May 6, 2002.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Think about it: other than the action, what's the best part of the series? What is it that carries the emotion with the plot, and can carry the emotions without the plot?

Obviously, the soundtrack (background music, to be more specific).

I've often found myself at the brink of tears by simply focusing on the BGM, most especially so in Crest of the Stars and The Candidate for (a) Goddess. Just thinking about one particular track in the latter makes me want to cry. (I don't own the CD as of yet, by I'll be getting it soon, depending on AnimeCastle.com's shipping and the like.)

The music in itself can be soothing. Just a few hours ago, I found myself angry. One repeated computer mishap suddenly set free any and all recent anger that I felt. I popped Volume 2 of Crest of the Stars into my DVD player and listened to the Pilot Candidate (dub name for The Candidate for (a) Goddess) trailer (it's all instrumental, stringing together two tracks from the series' soundtrack), the end theme (The Lost Blue Skies), and the opening theme (Crest of the Stars—makes sense, doesn't it?) Once that last track was almost over, I hit the "menu" button and found myself in the "extras" menu screen. The music playing there is one of the more sentimental BGM(s?) for Crest of the Stars, and just listening to it made me relax.

So I believe it's safe to say that my second favorite part in any anime series —one reason why I prefer the anime to the manga— is because of the soundtrack. (Throw in the image songs and it just gets better, but that's beyond my point here). My first favorite? The series itself, all aspects included. (Characters, plot, setting, etc.)

This has been another rambling session from Stardust Phox, your resident Deep Thinker. (Hm...That could be my title once I can change it.)

2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Good soundtracks are good(sure shocked you there, ne?). Not just for anime and films, though. Games also. Right now I'm listening to One Winged Angel from the FFVII soundtrack. It's damn good, and it really rouses you up.
    Can't beat a nice rant, can you?

3. Stardust Phox

True, true. I forgot games. But my focus was on anime... (Still, game soundtracks are amazing as well, but I've already covered the "why"s of the situation..See above. ^^)

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

cry, and my personal fav soundtracks are from pld musicals....ny fair lady is my fav...but anime/game wise, would have to be the bebop ones...that is the best mood music...tho, i can say that about all yoko kanno music...lol look at macross plus? that is good too...

5. Stardust Phox

I really like Rain from Bebop. It's so… words can't explain it. ^^ If I find them I'll say.

Now with my CFG and CotS OSTs (that just sounds so funny if you read it to yourself ^^), I have more mood music. *drifts while listening to the instrumental rendition of Kagayaki*