Psychology A little help, please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alchemy_Dude, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

First off, let me just tell you that this is a personal thread. Don't read on unless you have something to say.

Ikay, about a month and a half ago I decided to start going out with this girl I had known for a little while. At first, it seemed like a good idea, being that she's a senior, and I'm a sophomore. But in recent weeks I've grown to regret my decision. Unfortunately, she is still madly in love with me (which just makes me feel worse). I can't stand lying to anyone, let alone her, and I can't keep this up. SOMEONE, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

All I can say is that you don't know what you have until you loose it. I have experience on that.

I reccomend you give her another chance..

However, I don't really know what this has to do with anime, is she an Anime fan? :p Buy her Anime, or buy me anime XD

At any rate, Anime is definetly not the Forum for this kind of thread.

Moving this to the Psychology Forum. Though all the rest of you, remember that we don't really give medical advice here.

But, I could only see this in Psycology, Philosophy (kinda), or Rec (in a way :p).

Thread moved, with my advice still there ^^

-Seishin

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

First, let me say that I am not liable for anything that results from following my advice. :p This forum isn't really for asking love advice either.

Anyway, something sort of similar happened to me a short while back. Best thing I can suggest, is to tell her straight up. Don't live a lie, don't leave her hanging.

Try to tell her gently, but honestly. Tell her exactly how you feel and why you think you feel that way. That you think it would be best if the two of you split up, at least for awhile.

I can't say it's the best course of action, it's the one I followed and I feel badly about doing it to this day, but, in the end, the two of us are back together now, and I can say I'm not lying to her about how I feel, perhaps it'll work out the same way for you...

Love isn't easy, to be sure. Once you've found it, though, it truly is greater than anything else.

4. Alchemy_Dude

Thanks for the update, Seishin, I didn't even know there was a Psychology forum! Thanks for the advice too, guys.

P.S. Thanks for the move.

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

IT would be best to follow Ragnaroks advise, if you feel that you don't have the feels for her that you thought you did then its better to tell her then not to, since the longer you leave it the worse its going to get. Its probably going to hurt both you and her but its the best thing that you can do in the long run.

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Run around screaming, "I DON'T WANT TO DATE YOU. I DON'T WANT TO DATE YOU." She will be glad that she broke up with you.

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Although it would be nice to leave personal advice out of this forum, and leave it as just a pure forum for discussing psychology - The rules say that medical advice isn't allowed, and this isn't medical advice - so I'll let it slide. I won't give you advice, because you already have the answers to this yourself...

So, you have this problem with a girl you're dating. She is in love with you but you came to regret the decision of dating her in the first place. And for whatever reason you don't want to tell her that you do not like her.

Why have you come to regret your decision? Why are you afraid to tell her? Is it that you don't want to hurt her, or are there other reasons?

8. Alchemy_Dude

First of all, I don't want to tell her because I'm almost certain she would take it badly, and she once told me that it took her a whole year to get over her last boyfriend dumping her. To answer your first question, I regret my decision because we are just not alike at all. Plus, she's a bit too public with our relationship, like telling everybody she knows that we're an item, and trying to make out in front of huge crowds of senoirs (which is NOT good for me: I got slapped on the ass by the first-string linebacker). But mostly, it's just that she's a great friend, but not a very good girlfriend, if you know what I mean.

P.S. I'm beginning to think that I might just have to wait until she graduates, but then I'm deathly afraid of what she'll try to do at a graduation party!:eek: My parents already gave me a big talk about going to prom ("You're not going"), and I'm constantly getting yelled at every time I'm late home after some school event ("You were with HER, weren't you?").

9. headstrong

headstrong New Member

Alchemy_Dude i can help you in this better than the guys can, why? cuse im a girl and ive been throw what you are going throw(i'm bie and ive had it both ways in the love thing)
    If you realy dont like her that way and you two are better friends then tell her that frist, her you like being friends and that it would be better off if you were friend cuse you dont wont to ruane the friendship you two already have, togather. Now that thing wear it toke her a year to get over her other bf from dummping her i can kinda see that....if he died when they wear going out, but not if it was a fling, i mean im still getting over chris's death but i loved him and we had been dating for 5 years and still would be.
    And dont try and do stuff to get her to dump you that will just lead to truble down the road, and tell her how you felt when she went all public about you to going out and the kissing thing, even me and mike dont make out like that. Unless its to piss poeple off then yea we do that but that just us, and you should leson to your mum and da...unless there evil and treat you like crap making you do every thing and never letting you out then dont.
    But that what u think just tell her strat up and dont back down and if she cres...well you on your own on that just suck it up and get it out befor it to late and you can't....like my buddy dave..poor soul.

always in darkness
    alex

10. Alchemy_Dude

You've all been a lot of help to me, thank you SO much. I'm gonna tell her today, probably in this period. I guess we'll see how it goes.

11. headstrong

headstrong New Member

Hope it gose well just hold you head up and dont cave in!!

always in darkness
    alex

12. Alchemy_Dude

I told her. Thank God, she took it well. I think she was expecting something, because she didn't act very surprised. It all went surprisingly well. Thanks, guys, you really saved me.:D

13. Orion

Orion Gears

Glad to see all went well. I was about to say give her another chance, but I guess I was a little late eh? :p Anyway, glad she took it well, and remember, there are lots of other fish in the sea. ;)

14. headstrong

headstrong New Member

Yes there are fish in the sea but soon the little fishy's will be taken up....oh well just have to use my Snake charm and gettem*wink wink* baybe youll be me next pray?*smiles and sweet like*

always in darkness
    alex

15. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, as long as you're happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was putting on a brave face for you though, even though I don't know her.

If I were in your shoes, I'd leave her alone for a little while, and then try and show her that you still want to be friends. As for how to do that, I couldn't tell you. I'll be honest in saying yours isn't a position I'd want to see myself in, and I can't say I've been in it a lot either...

16. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Advice = Don't do it again.

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

BJP has saved someone!XD

In all serious matters though, I think that she didn't take it that bad, because one of two.

She either;

*Didn't feel that close to a connection with you either.
    *Knew that you didn't really wanted her that serious.

I do say however you should just relax, and rethink all of this, a good experience, or something else ^^

-Seishin

18. Alchemy_Dude

I agree with Peachy. There's NO WAY I'm ever letting myself get into that position again.:sad:

In response to Headstrong, I might be more interested if I could understand what you write (it's 'prey', not 'pray').:p

19. headstrong

headstrong New Member

yes my luv i know just another fast day in my life...with all the test ive had to do i raley have time to check what im typing luv. i hope you can for give me.....and you may not think it but i'm one of those poeple to go to when you need help on any thing, cuse well "been there done that....more then once" thing. lol well hope it works out for you.
    slow down some thow and when you wont to take it another step look at the girl and make sure she an't nuts....like i say im open it you wont to try and tame the wild fire?*wink wink giggles*xoxoxoxox

always in darkness
    alexzandra

P.S.
    can i add you luv?(Alchemy_Dude)

20. Alchemy_Dude

Well, pardon me, but you aren't exactly normal, from what I've seen. Not to say that that's a bad thing, though. Hell, I'm pretty wierd myself.

P.S. Go ahead, I'll add you too.

P.P.S. My AP tests are coming up too (European History on Friday; Yikes!), so I might not be on as much as normal (once or twice a day isn't much anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.