Creative Writing A love story.

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Chance, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

It was the speed she came at him that made him gasp, body swiveling as his heart raced. Eyes blurring, and legs pumping as the muscles tightened and untightened with each step he took to safety. But she was far too skilled a fighter and within minutes of the fight's start, he was tackled down, gun barrel against his head.

"Count to three.." She breathed in his ear, her thighs straddling his sides as she sat square on his back. The sound of her cocking it was all he could think about as his lips trembled.

"Why though..? Why?"

"Oh, you're selfish to think you're the only one fighting for something they love in this tournament. So selfish. Now count..And do so loudly for the fans to hear."

"One.." He whispered, ignoring her. The fans were cheering all around them, the colliseum a sight to behold. A large circular building with a giant pit in the center where warriors fought. People payed money to see these fights, and the fighters were some of the best in the world. But even so, this was the scrap yard and the world had no interest in them. They were the world's trash, the garbage of a unified earth. A nation of vagrants and criminals and filth. This was his world as he had seen it since birth.

And he loved it. He loved the action of his sport, the pure unfaltering love of the crowd. Whether you lived or died, there was always a jubiliant cry from the gallery of fans.

Now, he could feel his body stiffen under her weight. She seemed so weak before the fight when they had been alone. His body above hers, looking down into those beautiful eyes of hers. She was an angel; A goddess in disguise.

"I love you.." He'd whispered to her, his body tight as he reached his climax. "I just..love you." And under him, she'd arched her back and said in that same breathy voice that she loved him too.

"Two.." He said louder this time, his concious clear as he realized it would be easier not to hurt her. Easier to just take it as it came and be a man.

His little angel, so sweet with a smile to melt your heart. So full of life, giving her best to make you smile when you were feeling blue. Her long red hair and deep blue eyes, they drove him crazy. It took everything he had not to turn over under her and hug her close just one more time.

And when they had parted that last time, she had whispered in his ear sweet nothings and praise. "You were so loving..I know you're the one."

But that hadn't been enough to stop the fight. No, their lives were at the hands of the council who had decided this would be a fight worth seeing. So there they were, in this giant arena of blood stained ground, the stench of death evident. He was consoled by the fact she had beaten him. She would win this.

Her body shifted on his, her head bowing so she had her lips brushing the rim of his ear. "I'm so sorry.." She said quietly, tears clinging to her lashes. "I do love you. I hope you understand."

And with that, she sat back up and fired.

BANG! The sound filled the night air. The crowd let out a gasp in unison, cries and shouting following their initial reaction.

He closed his eyes, the body on his slumping heavily to the side. Hitting the dirt, the dust flew up in a swirl of a reaction, filling his mouth and making him blink. Tears blinked away by the irritant. He felt the blood now, the back of his shirt drenched in it. He reached a hand back, touching the small puddle that had formed.

"No.." He said sitting up quickly, and looking to the corpse. "Oh god no!" He crawled closer, his eyes streaming salty tears. "Hey..Wake up babe. Don't do this.." He begged, touching her face. The hole in the side of her head was leaving a pool of blood on the ground as he watched her for signs of movement. There was none, just the dripping of liquid into the shallow pool of bone shards and wetter things.

In her hand the gun was still clasped, finger on the trigger. In the background, the commentater's words rang through his mind, stopping his tears.

"..And love really does conquer all! What a show! It looks like Murdock is the winner by default. Go Murdock!"

He let his head hang limply as he stood, then looked up and shook his head, a defeated look present on his face. "No..Love did nothing but hurt us both."

2. Yukiko

Yukiko New Member

As always i love your work... though this one was so sad. Awesome, but very sad..........

3. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

its good lucky i enjoyed reading it

4. Chance

I stole the name of the city from Battle Angel Alita. I feel alittle bad, but it was early this morning. I love writing on a whim. Thanks guys. Yeah, I want people to read this and feel horrible. I mean, not horrible, but I want them to feel for the characters. To think of how they must feel and hurt alittle. The best writing one can do is writing that piques peoples intrest and pulls at their emotions.

5. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

True.......very true.......

I really liked it :D. I was getting very sad about it all when she died all the way until the commentater said those words of his and I was just like "Oh, I'm going to kill you!!". I felt so mad and then Murdock just said his words......well, that speaks for itself.

Are you making this into something like the Bringing, just like a big story and stuff? Because......I WANT MORE :D!!!!!!!
    I just really like it :D

6. Chance

Hm, I might do that. You never know..All those many hours of no sleep may lead to more of this story. =P