Computers A problem with Kazaa

Discussion in 'Computers' started by blood_pheonix, Mar 3, 2003.

1. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

it wont connect.
    i installed a firewall (mcafee) and ever since then kazaa hasnt been connecting.
    i am really pissed off cause i need to download something.
    so any help would be apreciated.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Your firewall is closing off a port to the net. It's much the same as my problem with my cable and router firewall. They just close down all the ports, so I can't exactly share files.

Go through the SOCKS5 or a proxy. Though how to do that eludes me. But the problem *is* the firewall closing the ports.

3. Slydice

Slydice ave, Lex, morituri te salutamus

if it's for a personal computer, just use zonealarm

it's free to download (google for it :))

It prompts you regarding what programs to allow onto the net, it's very handy and easy to use.

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

even before I got zonealarm, programs such as winmx, kazaa, direct connect wouldn't let me download. I think my router had a firewall.
    anyways, you can play around with options/ firewall, but as Slydice said, zonealarm may be the easiest thing for you to get. so just shut down your firewall(if you have trouble at the zone alarm download site) download zonealarm install it and then be set.

5. Rebos

Rebos New Member

Look out it has spyware!

Kazaa?!Aaaaah!! Quik kill it! use kazaa lite! :eek:

6. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Another problem I have with Kazaa/KazaaLite is that it's just so slow! My friend uses Blubster to download music, and he says it's fast. (I tried to get it but it wasn't available; something like I gotta wait a while before the site has it again.)

Worse yet, hardly any users have the stuff I want, so I have to wait for them to connect. (It's been over half a year and I haven't finished this one series yet...)