Creative Writing A short story - first story

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Peachy, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Headstrong inspired me to write this. This is technically me, without the poetry. This is directed at some of you. Alot of things are brought out in the open in this story that none of you were aware of before. This is not emo, it's just a brief look at what some of this stuff i'm writing about is like. The details. This is MY short story. Enjoy-

I had got home from school. Pretty decent, if you like wearing camo jeans and camo every thing else. I just got out of the car to run up the steps and get on either the web, my video games, or the phone. My mother wasn't there. It wasn't as suprising to most people because mom always disapears and comes back three days later. I walked in the door and saw my head phones on the couch. I slapped them on my ears and made my way into my mom's room to get on the computer.

" I'm out Tip, going to go see Gary K, i'll be back pretty late.", My sister called to me heading out the door.
    " Alright, tell him I said hey!", I hollered back.

I had talked awhile that night, people had made me laugh on there. So many people always make me smile on here, and they don't know how much a smile or a laugh can make me actually want to get up in the morning and live. It was 11:30. DANG! " I need to get off" I thought, I was saying buy to everyone when I heard a band and a bunch of racket from the kitchen. " Tawnya must be back already, wonder what happened" I thought more as I walked out of her room to go say hey.

To my surpise it was my mother, struggling up to walk. She was on her knees. She looked up at me with pure anger in her eyes.

" What the hell are you doing?", she screamed at me.
    " umm sitting on the computer.", I said. Knowing what was coming already.
    " Do you know what time (*cough*) in the (*cough*) morning it is!!???", she screamed more.
    " Mom, I don't have school tommorrow. It's Friday.", I replied frightened.
    " Go to bed NOW!", she rose from her feet as she hollered more.

I almost cried in rage as I put my head phones on again and went to lay down on the couch. It was strange but I drifted off to sleep in only a minute or two. Suddenly something shook me from my sleep. A scream shattered through my dreams.

" HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET ON MY COMPUTER!!!???"

I heard my mom scream coming down the hallway. I took my head phones off and threw them down. I clenched my fists, ready for what I knew was coming as soon as I noticed she was drunk.

" Mom, it's like 12:00. Can't you let me go to sleep.", I said. Not showing my anger.
    " No! Come here right now.", she said using the kitchen counter as her crutch.

I walked over to where she swayed, trying to keep my distance. She grabbed at my arm, almost breaking it. ( At least that's how it felt).

" if your daddy was here, he'd t-t-tear you up.", she studdered from being drunk.

Rage once again filled me. I loved my dad, and he loved me. I hate her.

" If dad was here, he'd never get drunk and hit me all the time like you do.", I screamed.

I have said this a million times to my mom. Always the same out come and the same reply.

" You think your so bad! Don't you! Since you went to that place. Well ***** if your so badass, why don't you try to fight me!!", she screamed in my face.

My mother always said that to me, every single day. Between the saying " you think your so bad" and " why don't you try to fight me" it's the same as usaul.

I didn't say anything as she grabbed me by my throat and slammed me against the table.

" I hate you!!!", I screamed.

She tightened her grip on my throat, and took her fist and slammed in against my left cheek, causing her to lose her hold on my neck. She quickly grabbed at it again.

" What did you say!", she said holding my throat once more.
    " I hate you.", I said not screaming this time.

She hit me again, then repeated the same procedure and asked me the same question. I replied the same thing over and over again. She kept hitting me, my whole left side of my face was numb then. So I didn't really care.
    She finally stopped.

" Your a ****ing physco you k-k-know that. Sooner or later i'm going to beat that demon oout of you!", she said releasing me.

I hit the ground..and watched as she wobbled back to her room. I heard something hard fall, she must've passed out I thought.

I struggled to my couch again, my hands were too shaky to pick up my head phones. So I just sat and cried. Choking on tears, I started to sing.

" Through the wind and the raain, she stands hard as a stone. In a world that she just can't rise above. And her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved."

I finally drifted off to sleep. Closing my eyes thinking, praying.

Why do you do this to me god? Haven't you took everything away from already.. I want to end it so bad..to never have to be hurt again like this, but i'm a soldier..i'm a soldier..and i'll never give in..

That was my last thought as I went to sleep, dreading the next day. Knowing the same thing would most likely happen.

END

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

The Good: It's a very thought provoking short story. It is definately good.

The bad: some miss spellings and you can pause a sentence in order to... Excuse me. Basher coughed. Cough.