A Travesty!

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Novus, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novus

Novus Gone

I have come across a great injustice that must be undone!
    I was scouring the avatars section for an undefined time when I noticed something: there is one avatar entitled "Final Fantasy - Cactaur". I am hoping this is a typo and not some kind of attack on the desert people I call my brothers. The correct spelling is "Cactuar". Furthermore, my search revealed that the Final Fantasy IX avatars are labelled "Final Fantasy XI". This must surely be a simple error, because I know that there is no way either of these could be intentional.

2. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Who cares?

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Well it doesn't really affect M2A in any way. I mean even if half the avatars were named wrongly, it's totally irrevelent. They are just something you would want to have as a picture next to your name and that you like it...

It's as simple as that... it isn't anything major... calm down.

4. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

it wouldnt be worth the time to correct all the mistakes. As long as it is understandable, it is fine. But if you are volenteering to correct all the mistakes on all 1000 avatars, i am sure that could be aranged.

5. Novus

Novus Gone

A truly noble undertaking. I WOULD be willing to do it.

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

been there done that during the great sorting. and you know what? by the time you hit that section of the alphabet, you no longer care about spelling. you see final fantasy and any writing after that is irrelevent.
    though, i'm sure matt or cloud will fix it if they get around to it. though, i wouldn't consider it up there with getting the styles drop down to work.

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Don't know who gave the FF Avatars an "XI" display label. If it's worth any credit, the filenames were still "IX". Changed now, though.

As for Cactaur, I've seen it spelled both ways. Show me some reference material of the "official" spelling.

8. Novus

Novus Gone

I'll do that. This is far from over.

Okay, I have my proof.

"Big Cactuar
    10 inch plush

Call your local comic book or video game store for availability. To find a comic book store near you, click the Comic Shop Locator Icon. For product info, e-mail info@artfx-kotobukiya.com "

"Cactuar
    4 inch plush

Call your local comic book or video game store for availability. To find a comic book store near you, click the Comic Shop Locator Icon. For product info, e-mail info@artfx-kotobukiya.com "

Both quotes excerpted from the Square-Enix official site, in the merchandise section, under "Final Fantasy X Merchandise" in the "Plush" category. Don't believe me, go to http://www.square-enix-usa.com/seui/index.htm and check for yourselves.

9. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

God blimme... you are rather pissed off with that spelling are you lol, you sloshed out all your facts.... ok, I guess you win.

10. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

This thread is so irrelevant,it makes my head hurt.:rolleyes:

11. Novus

Novus Gone

So why did you reply? If it was really "irrelevant", couldn't you find something better to do than reply?
    Everybody's a picky ***** about something. I've been chewed out for misquoting lyrics, spelling the name of a Chobits character the way it appears in the licensed manga rather than the way it was fan-translated, and all manner of other things. Why should I be any different? I just happen to like cactuars. How would you feel if I wrote the name of one of your favourites wrong, like, for an "irrelevant" example, Lime from SMJ. If someone wrote Liem, it'd be the most horrible tragedy known to man, but because I'm only defending a spikey green mascot, no one seems to care except to mock me.

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It's not worth getting tempermental about. Be thankful the avatar was there to begin with. Cactuar is now spelled right, the IX has been resolved. I don't think this topic needs to remain open any more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.