Debate A Women for a president

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D.T., Nov 7, 2004.

1. D.T.

D.T. New Member

A woman for a president. Would you trust one to lead your country. Some people I know would vote for a woman just because it would be the first woman in history. Though Some would be wise and listen to the debates and such.

As I would go, the debates are wise to listen to, I wouldn't want to make a foolish mistake and vote for someone who knows nothing even if they are Republican/Democratic (What ever you are) What would it mean though if we did have a woman for president? Scientist prove that Woman are smarter (Bad example-They get the Idea faster) There would be many things to think about. This can't be a "Yeah lets vote because she is a girl" thing unless you just really don't care.
    Would having a woman for president be smart?

2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

If she could prove herself capable of leading the country, and I agreed on more issues with her than with the other candidate, sure, I'd vote for her. In other words, I'd give her the same scrutiny as I give every other candidate.

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

If she was capable and I found myself agreeing with her viewpoints, I see no reason to deny her my vote...

4. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

I wonder what kind of image a woman would have to present to the public in order to win the presidency... I mean, would a single woman have the same chance as a married woman with the same level of political experience? I'm betting that a family, or lack thereof, would play a larger part in a female candidate's campaign than in a man's... Not that I think it's a good thing, it just occurred to me that, given the prevailing image of the woman as a homemaker that we still have, one wonders whether more votes would go to a candidate if she was seen as being more traditional or progressive in her lifestyle as a woman.

Anyhow...

I'm almost tempted to say that a female prospective president would have a slight edge in my books, just because I would like to see a woman running the White House. But as everyone else has said, ultimately it has to come down to the issues. Whether the president has a Y chromosome or not doesn't make a bit of difference in the end - although a woman might very well approach issues in ways that males generally don't. Still, it's not as if I would ever vote for a someone based on such meaningless things as gender, race, or party.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i'd vote woman depending on who she is and if she seems a total moron or not. i mean, worse come to worse, she'd probably still be the lesser evil...

6. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I could see myself voting for a female for president because well.....why not? But I would be a little funny at first just because any sort of group could brake out in fury because of it and thats never good. But sure, female presidents I'm sure could do a good job as well as male presidents

7. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

It depends on the woman. It's true that women think more quickly, but there are still those women who can be bad for a presidency.

8. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

So, no one man would be bad for presidency? It's the same thing with men. I think that woman should be as the executive ones, a woman who really knows how to deal with men, because, if is this occurs, many men would give her many troubles. But, as a funny addition, I wonder what a woman president would do with a EXTREME national secret :D .

9. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I think a female president would be nice for a change.
    Like some people said, it depends on the kind of person she is.